Inglis Tactic (take note)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
As we know, all clubs now coach defensive players to lift players legs to halt their momentum. No legs, no progress. Simple?

Maybe Inglis has found a way to turn the tables on this and win a penalty.

Having watch many of Inglis' runs on TV, has he now perfected a technique whereby whenever his legs are lifted, he would lunge forward and downwards with his upper body weight and roll down to indicate a spear tackle?

Of course, one would have to do it in a way not to hurt oneself. Hence, the somersault roll to minimize head contact with the ground. People may say, why would anyone take such a risk? Gee, playing the game is already a risk to one's health. Some would do anything for a win, not to mention performance enhancers; illegal play (eg. Inglis' shoulder on Dean Young's head); no knowledge about the salary cap down in Melbourne.......

Next time, take note of how many times he attempts this technique on leg tacklers. You can't blame the ref for blowing the whistle because it all looks as bad as it's presented.

If you're the tackler, you would also immediately assume you have done the wrong thing. However, closer viewing will indicate each and everytime, this is his way of acquiring penalties?

I'll let you be the judge.

---

Added - Inglis who weighs 105Kg at the very least (heavier than many forwards) and normally very hard to tackle, suddenly finds himself very easy to be lifted and dumped on his head.

---

Agree and I already noted this in another thread.

Mebbe a tiny bit tin foil hat-ish... But there's merit in what you're saying IMHO.

He just seems a little *too* easy to upend??

KOMORI said:
Mebbe a tiny bit tin foil hat-ish... But there's merit in what you're saying IMHO.

He just seems a little *too* easy to upend??

Well, for a fella to weigh 105-106 Kg, it all seems too easy for him to be lifted and to be speared, doesn't it ????

--

Totally agree - I thought I might be crazy thinking I was the only one who has noticed this. He did again later in the game.

He does get speared a lot, and he is a Queenslander so I wouldn't put any of this past him.

Maybe he just likes being dropped on his head. After all he does play for Souths and he's the only person ever born in NSW who would be stupid enough to want to pretend to be a queenslander so it wouldn't surprise me.

Jatz Crackers said:
The head bandage the bloke came out with was fake im tellin ya.

God said:
Maybe he just likes being dropped on his head.

Habit from birth ?

Looks like it

http://video.perthnow.com.au/2363634586/Krisnan-Inu-on-report-for-lifting-tackle-on-Inglis

seems to have happened a lot more this year, and he looks to be less top heavy than he's ever been

Called it brah. He's doing it deliberately, 100%.

God said:
Looks like it

http://video.perthnow.com.au/2363634586/Krisnan-Inu-on-report-for-lifting-tackle-on-Inglis

Watch this tackle closely, the tackle notably stops dead with all standing there and then GI lunges and goes tits over arse. I say someone takes the fall and just buries his head in the turf, for the sake of all league fans.

Gee. Inu didn't do himself any favours by putting the hands between the legs but it looked like Inglis hopped off his only standing leg just before it went wrong.

Pittwater Legend said:
Gee. Inu didn't do himself any favours by putting the hands between the legs but Inglis looked to have hopped off his only standing leg just before it went wrong.

Yep, I've been saying this for ****ing weeks and copping it from everyone. Nothing will happen though, it's GI after all...

Jatz Crackers said:
That video doesnt support your argument guys.

?

Even alone it is fairly incriminating, but when combined with all the other tackles he's ended up on his head in it's a pretty obvious tactic he's using. Hopefully he cripples himself doing it.

I thought so especially in the 2nd tackle by Richie. Richie barley touched him, and the Inu one Greg did appear to jump. this guy is so strong near the tryline but loses his strength in a simple tackle and they all end up spearing this massive guy???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4