Inglis re-signs with Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
MELBOURNE Storm star Greg Inglis will today announce he is staying in rugby league.

The Australian Test representative is expected to announce a four-year deal with the Storm worth $2million. Inglis was contracted to Melbourne until 2010 but, in a bid to fend off widespread interest in the powerful five-eighth, the club moved quickly to tie him up for another two years.

The news is an enormous boost for rugby league given the speculation that Inglis was considering a move to French rugby union.The deal was sealed at a meeting in Sydney today between Storm CEO Brian Waldron and Inglis's manager, Alan Gainey.

Inglis cleaned up at last night's Dally M awards, claiming three individual honours. He was named five-eighth of the year and representative player of the year and also took home the award for the Peter Frilingos headline moment for his performance Australia against New Zealand.

Inglis is the latest player to re-commit long term to Storm. The club has already locked in Cooper Cronk, Brett White, Dallas Johnson, Anthony Quinn and Billy Slater.

And they are also negotiating with skipper Cameron Smith, who is also expected to stay with the Premiership favourites. But Storm have lost Israel Folau, Michael Crocker, Jeremy Smith and Antonio Kafausi to other clubs and Matt Geyer to retirement.

The announcement is expected to take place at 3pm today

Still would have loved to have him on our roster. Hope Slater goes to Union though

When you look at the guys they've let go so they can keep a certain few on their roster, they will be a much weaker side next year.

A few of the guys that do all the really hard work that melbourne are known for are leaving.

You then left with forward pass murchant Cam Smith. Look how fast I can run a ball back Billy Slater. Long arms inglis and thats pretty much it for melbourne stars.

Losing Israel Folau, Antonio Kaufusi, Michael Crocker, Matt Geyer, Jeremy Smith and Sam Tagataese will leave a MASSIVE hole in their side this year. No flashes of individual brilliance will cover the lost of these blokes over an entire season.

They have gotten a lot of the really good juniors over the last few years; they'll still have a strong side for awhile.

They’ve signed a large percentage of the Australian school boy’s teams over the last couple of years, I they may be a bit weaker next year but I’d expect them to be really strong again by the year after.

Too bad, I was hoping he go to France so those News Ltd funts would be further cucked over

Where's Ryan, I want some calculations done here!!

Inglis taking $500k per season.

Rep Players still with them next year:

Slater
Smith
Hoffman
Quinn
Turncoat
Johnson
White

Any I have missed?

clontaago link said:
Where's Ryan, I want some calculations done here!!

Inglis taking $500k per season.

Rep Players still with them next year:

Slater
Smith
Hoffman
Quinn
Turncoat
Johnson
White

Any I have missed?

8 - 10 if Bellamy's NSW coach next year

Their forwards ,which gives the backs the platform to play, will suffer greatly with those departures.  I rate Kafausi and Lima as their best. 

'Fusi isn't all that crash hot, but Lima is dynamite. He's their only forward that can stand up to Manly's pack - and he bloody does! Made 250 odd meters in the grand final, and always carts the ball back with energy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2