Announcement Important Site and App updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Do you use the Mobile App?

• Yes, on iOS

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Yes, on Android

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • I didnt know you had an app

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I prefer the responsive web version

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you a brief update to let you know there are a number of updates and upgrades coming to the site.

First and most importantly we have switched to a fully secure site. We are now SSL only so you will notice that you are redirected to the https version. We have an A+ rating for SSL and security so you can rest assured your data is safe, you can check this here if you are interested in such things https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=silvertails.net

It has come to my attention that our outgoing mail has been down since late October. This means no emails from the website or when you use the contact forms have been working. I am working with our email provider to fix this now, however I will likely either purchase a new server or upgrade this one in order to allow me to run our own mail server with hopefully minimal impact on traffic. I should have this resolved by the end of the week. If you have had anything you wanted to mail me, please PM me and I will get it.

App: The app has a new upgrade coming, this should add new features and improve overall performance. I am possibly switching to a different license on the app which will see the app creator add "Sponsored Posts" marked with "SP" on the "what's new" section of the app. Please look out for the upgrade and install it on your phone ASAP to get new features. At this point I am happy to stay with the current license but would like to understand App usage a little more. So vote in the attached poll and let me know

Site: I am planning an upgrade of the main software that runs the forum as well as an upgrade on the tipping comp software. I am testing these upgrades locally and planning to run them mid-January

Generally if you have any comments or feedback, or changes and additions you think would be valuable additions to the website, then please PM me and let me know, I am always looking for ways to improve the overall website.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Dan

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you a brief update to let you know there are a number of updates and upgrades coming to the site.

First and most importantly we have switched to a fully secure site. We are now SSL only so you will notice that you are redirected to the https version. We have an A+ rating for SSL and security so you can rest assured your data is safe, you can check this here if you are interested in such things https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=silvertails.net

It has come to my attention that our outgoing mail has been down since late October. This means no emails from the website or when you use the contact forms have been working. I am working with our email provider to fix this now, however I will likely either purchase a new server or upgrade this one in order to allow me to run our own mail server with hopefully minimal impact on traffic. I should have this resolved by the end of the week. If you have had anything you wanted to mail me, please PM me and I will get it.

App: The app has a new upgrade coming, this should add new features and improve overall performance. I am possibly switching to a different license on the app which will see the app creator add "Sponsored Posts" marked with "SP" on the "what's new" section of the app. Please look out for the upgrade and install it on your phone ASAP to get new features. At this point I am happy to stay with the current license but would like to understand App usage a little more. So vote in the attached poll and let me know

Site: I am planning an upgrade of the main software that runs the forum as well as an upgrade on the tipping comp software. I am testing these upgrades locally and planning to run them mid-January

Generally if you have any comments or feedback, or changes and additions you think would be valuable additions to the website, then please PM me and let me know, I am always looking for ways to improve the overall website.

Dan
Any chance of giving the actual team an update?

Hi All,

Dan

Love ya work Dan. Merry Christmas to you and the fam

Happy new year 2017 Dan, thank you for the SILVERTAILS the best NRL forum
lT8CaFkn.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12