Immortals and Hall of Famers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Watching them discuss this on fox over the past few nights has been a reminder of how good our game was and what great such players are on the short list for immortals and the new hall of famers. Some of their records are ridiculous!

watching the highlights of the late 80s and 90s reminded me of how fun the game use to be to watch. The origin games, day grand finals, open footy with no wrestle, one referee, exciting tries. I loved watching manly play in the 2007-2013 period but nothing compares to the early to late 90s. That period was amazing.

So sad the way NRL is heading under Todd Greenburg.

Dally Messenger, Dave Brown and Frank Burge, pioneers of the premiership's early days in Australia, were granted Immortal status by a panel that consisted of current Immortals Wally Lewis, Bob Fulton and Andrew Johns, along with Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, Phil Gould, Ray Warren, Steve Crawley and former Rugby League Week editors Ian Heads and Norm Tasker.

We are all keen to criticise Greenslime BUT I have to say they got it right tonight.

Great to see the pre WW2 inductee’s, their histories suggested they were due.

Provan, well it’s a disgrace he wasn’t already there.

And I think Meninga was the right choice from the modern era.

Good result

Don't really agree with Meninga personally. I reckon it was just to appease QLD's after the Johns pick. Mal was put in high regard because he was a big guy that ran over wingers and like the current crop of QLD players over-rated. He didn't change the way the game was played and when you compare him to so many other superstars from the same era he was an outstanding player but not above them. Langer, Stuart had a bigger impact on the game. Talent around in those days was obscene.

I agree @Mark from Brisbane they got it right.

Now they have 13 Immortals. Personally I think they should add the 5 Team Of Century Players to take the total to 18.

Add Hall, Irvine, Bevan, Kelly and Coote.

Then 1 Immortal every 10 years.

That way I wont live long enough see all of Smith, Slater, Inglis, Thurston and Lockyer inducted

Last edited:
We are all keen to criticise Greenslime BUT I have to say they got it right tonight.

Great to see the pre WW2 inductee’s, their histories suggested they were due.

Provan, well it’s a disgrace he wasn’t already there.

And I think Meninga was the right choice from the modern era.

Good result
Absolutely.
Great choices.
And some good thinking to bring the pioneers in.
Now the history is up to date.
Dissapointed for Kenny Irvine but I guess you can't choose them all.
But I do wonder why Brett Kenny doesn't get a mention.
He's up there with the best of them and so is his extraordinary record.

Totally ****ed the concept, it's now just a hall of fame.

How they can judge players they never saw play, how Greenburg is on the panel, and how they can select 5 players in one night I'll never know.

In the 30 years after they selected the initial 4, they only added 4 more. The concept of the immortals wasn't just the best, it was the generational talents. The Gods. I had a fear that the nrl would go nuts with it and they have. In ten years we'll be up to 20 immortals, which is ridiculous.

Watch all of Slater, Inglis, Thurston, Smith and Lockyer get in.

Absolutely.
Great choices.
And some good thinking to bring the pioneers in.
Now the history is up to date.
Dissapointed for Kenny Irvine but I guess you can't choose them all.
But I do wonder why Brett Kenny doesn't get a mention.
He's up there with the best of them and so is his extraordinary record.
Did you watch Vossy last night in the fan interviewing Brett? Sensational!
Even after suffering through the 82 & 83 losses, I still liked Kenny. I know the Men of League did a lot for him in his time of need. Reminds me alot of Jamie Lyon, a very humble, nice bloke.

Did you watch Vossy last night in the fan interviewing Brett? Sensational!
Even after suffering through the 82 & 83 losses, I still liked Kenny. I know the Men of League did a lot for him in his time of need. Reminds me alot of Jamie Lyon, a very humble, nice bloke.
Yeah I did watch it and it was a great interview.
3 straight GFs 2 tries in each, he was the dominant NSW 5/8 when he played origin and ripped it up for the kangaroos.
His form during the seasons he played was extraordinary.
Wally openly states that Kenny got the better of him in origin.
Just can't see why he isn't spoken of.

Thinking about the decision to honour the past with the Messenger, Brown and Burge inclusions, and the selection of Provan, I reckon toddles was bitch slapped and told to shut his pie hole by the esteemed judges, who have a far superior knowledge of rugby league than he or his cohorts could ever dream of.
Keep it coming...

Gotta love Bozo if this tweet is genuine.....

Just recieved the votes for the #immortals announcement tonight:
Gould: Provan, Messenger
Johns: Provan, Messenger
Bozo: Toovey, Lyons
Greenberg: Provan, Messenger
Crawley: Provan, Messenger
Daley: Slater
Lewis: Provan, Messenger
#nrl #rugbyleague

Cliffy
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1024606989362446336?s=19

Beaver
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1024608256973402113?s=19

IMG_20180802_055706.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone listening to sampson choke on her words every time she had to say sea eagles or Manly would make one think she doesn't like us. I guess that's why she mentioned Norths when introducing Cliffy.

Pathetic, tribally aligned, agenda pushing, tiny tiny humans. - Perfect for the nrl.

Well done Cliffy and Steven! (and the others)

Yeah I did watch it and it was a great interview.
3 straight GFs 2 tries in each, he was the dominant NSW 5/8 when he played origin and ripped it up for the kangaroos.
His form during the seasons he played was extraordinary.
Wally openly states that Kenny got the better of him in origin.
Just can't see why he isn't spoken of.
Because he is not from Queensland. He has more claim to be there than Mal. Lockyer or any of the Melbourne gimps.

Anyone listening to sampson choke on her words every time she had to say sea eagles or Manly would make one think she doesn't like us. I guess that's why she mentioned Norths when introducing Cliffy.

Pathetic, tribally aligned, agenda pushing, tiny tiny humans. - Perfect for the nrl.

Well done Cliffy and Steven! (and the others)
Even Cliff would have choked when she introduced “ from the North Sydney Bears, Cliff Lyons” ( as a photo of him was displayed in his Manly jersey).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7