Imagine we got a letter like this from our owners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

this is how fans should be treated.. nothing hidden everything out in the open..

jjai link said:
this is how fans should be treated.. nothing hidden everything out in the open..
lol, the Sea eagles should get as filthy when a player leaves for greener pastures..

sorry guys i find it pretty un professional tbh

i understand some of the complaints about our club atm and i think we will probably see most of them fixed.

I really like the fact how in the last 6 - 9 months we have heard nothing from our owners.

It sure beats the headlines coming from both last year.

Cambo link said:
I really like the fact how in the last 6 - 9 months we have heard nothing from our owners.

i know what you mean cambo it is nice to be out of the headlines.. it should never have been made public..their so good at keeping useless **** hidden from fans & media..

That letter is a joke

I follow the NBA bloody closely, and in terms of the dumbest comments ever made and published, this is the worst I have ever seen

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

LeBron will have a ring within the next 3 years, Cleveland will be lucky to win 60 games over the next 3 years, let alone a ring

I understand the blokes disappointment owning a side that overnight has gone from a title threat to a cellar dweller, and lost millions of dollars in marketing and merchandise as well as season ticket sales, but this letter is something he will live to regret

Cambo link said:

i understand some of the complaints about our club atm and i think we will probably see most of them fixed.

I'm with you.  The owner is apparently new to the game and is showing his inexperience.  He's burned all bridges with James and other players will have noted his petulance. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183910.msg272581#msg272581 date=1278659196]

I'm with you.  The owner is apparently new to the game and is showing his inexperience.  He's burned all bridges with James and other players will have noted his petulance. 
[/quote]
Yes, perhaps you are both correct but at least I didn't see him use the salary cap as an excuse  ;D

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, the NBA salary cap was raised last week, just a cool 58 Million US now
...  that wouldnt even buy a soccer team over in england..  you would probably get 6-7 players with that .. lol

WAMF link said:
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

\"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE\"

Haha yeah & the Browns will win a SB before the Chargers & the Eagles :p

If we got a letter like this from the MWSE management I would;

a) Be wondering when we became a huge failure as a team/franchise/city/region as Cleaveland that forced us to put whiney letters such as the above out in the press

b) Be angry at the club management for saying they will deliver something which they have very little control of

Right om Wolfpack. The first few responses to this post astound me.

Apart from being a fairly humorous read the letter is full of hot air and could have taken just a couple of short paragraphs.

The bloke is obviously peeved (as I would be if we lost one of the best players in the comp) but is simply trying to stoke up the fan's emotions to try and cloud the fact that they just went from contenders to pretenders.

If our owners sent me a letter like that (especially the ridiculous promise) I'd be concerned about their intelligence. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4