I'm suing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Basically A former hockey Gen Mgr is suing a whole bunch of anonymous online posters for defamation.

He plans to unmask their usernames and raise a lawsuit against them.

Now everyone shake in their boots!!!!

....Mr. Burke, the former general manager and president of the Toronto Maple Leafs, filed a lawsuit Friday with the B.C. Supreme Court alleging defamation against 18 defendants, whose identities are limited to cryptic online handles such as Ncognito, Slobberface and Sir Psycho Sexy.....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-former-leafs-gm-brian-burke-aims-to-unmask-online-rumour-mongers/article11595595/

edit: For those who didn't click ...yet.

According to the court filing, comments made between Jan. 12 and Jan. 28, 2013 accused Mr. Burke of having an extramarital affair with Rogers Sportsnet sportscaster Hazel Mae. The court documents say Mr. Burke is suing for losses and damages to his reputation.

A lesson there for anyone who thinks they can post what they like about who the like (web ever they like)

That Tom Waterhouse is a rather nice chap, doesn't everyone agree?

On a completely unrelated note, is anybody keeping count of how many people he is suing for defamation?

Tom Waterhouse ain't as rich as he would have us believe. I read a very interesting article a few weeks ago in BRW where they claimed;

* He only owns 25% of the business (tomwaterhouse.com)

* Has only 10% of the local market

* Has yet to turn a profit. It's estimated he spends $25M on marketing

http://brw.com.au/p/brw-lounge/well_tom_waterhouse_but_not_gai_WNgiq9bQaBb4I8mPqs8x8M

lsz said:
A lesson there for anyone who thinks they can post what they like about who the like (web ever they like)

In particularly that you are responsible for what you post and not the site. However international case like this wouldn't set a precedence and the users identities are protected

Did I hear correctly this morning, that an American basketball fan is suing a prominent player for anguish and heartache, as the player has been injured for the last 12 months and hasn't played?

Surely not???
It is these sorts of cases that make a mockery of the system.

Clint said:
Did I hear correctly this morning, that an American basketball fan is suing a prominent player for anguish and heartache, as the player has been injured for the last 12 months and hasn't played?

Surely not???
It is these sorts of cases that make a mockery of the system.

If true we should launch a class action against D Gallop for wrongfully depriving us of B Stewart for 4 weeks.

Daniel said:
lsz said:

In particularly that you are responsible for what you post and not the site. However international case like this wouldn't set a precedence and the users identities are protected

It amazes me what people are happy to post and about who.

Not only are there the potential legal issues (to be tested in Australia) there are career implications as well

It is my line of work but the first thing I do before I hire someone is an in-depth social search. Sure there are things that are not relevant but abusing public figures can reveal as much about a potential employee as an interview

Never mind the defamation – they should be sued anyway, just for making people see usernames like Slobberface and Sir Psycho Sexy.....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6