I'm not old, really! (Tech things kids don't recognise today)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sigh

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/nur...WIz--G472c03ewe462fmWUfmpgOtPYhB****Uqlo-DCEw

Guess that most things are relative including the evolving technology developments over time . Wonder what the go will be with artificial intelligence in approaching times .

Years ago, my daughter was ratting through some old storage boxes in the shed. She brings it up, and asks what the hells that? I explained, she couldn’t believe it. But what shocked the shiit out of her the most was when I told her we only had one. It was in the dining room, and that is where it stayed. She’s like, so everyone can hear your conversation, even your parents!?...,I said yep, no secrets back then. She thought I was taking the piss, so she rang my old man to verify the story. She was so blown away she took the phone and put it in her room to much amusement of her girlfriends.

(Not the original, but close).
1574326290275.jpeg

Years ago, my daughter was ratting through some old storage boxes in the shed. She brings it up, and asks what the hells that? I explained, she couldn’t believe it. But what shocked the shiit out of her the most was when I told her we only had one. It was in the dining room, and that is where it stayed. She’s like, so everyone can hear your conversation, even your parents!?...,I said yep, no secrets back then. She thought I was taking the piss, so she rang my old man to verify the story. She was so blown away she took the phone and put it in her room to much amusement of her girlfriends.

(Not the original, but close).
View attachment 13195

lol. Damn kids!

Some months ago mrs ge and I were playing taxi for the local club's ski kids and they were all talking about some guy who had a"push button" phone, and how ancient it was.

I was just about to tell them about the rotary dial type of phone -that you pictured above- when luckily I realised that the push button phone they were talking about was in fact one of "those old blackberry phones" that actually "had a push button keyboard".

Should have made them walk the rest of the way! Teenagers...sheesh!

P.S. Our phone was in the study at least. So there was some privacy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2