Ignore Hasler & Act Like Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
Manly are the Premiers & let's act like it tonight. Show no interest on the opposition & let's worry about our team.

I would love to see Des Hasler completely ignored, like he never existed & that would leave him with a empty feeling.

Can we have him back? Tonight showed how damn good a coach he is. Our stupid board stuffed him around and we are going to pay for it.

Darren said:
Can we have him back? Tonight showed how damn good a coach he is. Our stupid board stuffed him around and we are going to pay for it.

That's like re implanting cancer, Toovey is a better person and bleeds maroon and white, hasler bleeds green (money)

Hasler is in his 9th year as a head coach. Tooves is in his 1st. Unfair to compare the two. Coaches need experience coaching at NRL level, lessons are learnt, game plans are developed etc.

We just need to move on from Hasler. His contribution to the club is very much a double edged sword. For all of the success he brought, he created such a toxic environment that he had to go for the long term good of the club.

Only time will tell if Toovey is the right man for the job long term but he's the best person right now. He will reunite the club after the mess that Hasler created and even though we are struggling at the moment, things will get better.

Daddycool said:
We just need to move on from Hasler. His contribution to the club is very much a double edged sword. For all of the success he brought, he created such a toxic environment that he had to go for the long term good of the club.

I am confused, how did Hasler create the toxic environment?? Under his guidance we played 3 grand finals, won 2 and were cheated out of the first one.

I thought the toxic environment was caused by the board who couldn't work together as each of them had their own personal agenda.

I have no inside knowledge however logic tells you if the board had its act together maybe we could have retained Hasler instead of him going to the ScumDogs and having to put up with seeing GreenTurds smirk over his great coup.

I for one wouldn't work in a toxic environment so can you really blame Hasler for going. At least it’s given Tooves his big shot at the big time of coaching.

Sometimes we just need to move on and accept we are heading in a different direction and not dwell on the negatives.

Can we start a seperate forum for "The Dessy we love you no matter what" followers.

It's all about perception. In my opinion, Hasler fostered an us versus them attitude whereby he tried to turn the players against the administration. Effectively he wanted autonomy to run the club the way he saw fit, whilst expecting the owners who paid his wages to do anything he wanted, no questions asked.

It was the owners money on the line, not his and you can't run a business like that. He put his own self interest above the long term good of the club and ultimately that's why he had to go.

Yes, we are worse off for it now but in the long run I think it will be looked back on as the best thing to do.

Daddycool said:
It's all about perception. In my opinion, Hasler fostered an us versus them attitude whereby he tried to turn the players against the administration. Effectively he wanted autonomy to run the club the way he saw fit, whilst expecting the owners who paid his wages to do anything he wanted, no questions asked.

It was the owners money on the line, not his and you can't run a business like that. He put his own self interest above the long term good of the club and ultimately that's why he had to go.

Yes, we are worse off for it now but in the long run I think it will be looked back on as the best thing to do.

This is the best summation I have read on the "Des chronicals".

On the subject, does anyone know if Hasler and any of his camp followers ventured into the Manly rooms afterwards?

I hope they generally received the cold shoulder.

Photo today of the Turd and Toovey sharing a crownie in the Manly change room.....

Ha Ha!

Still playing his mind games with them:

"Look, I'm really still your friend, I wasn't trying to plot your downfall tonight."

and

"I'll be back in five years, Tooves here can take the CEO job. The Penns and Zorba will have moved on and it will all be sweet again. And I can have my life membership reinstated. In fact I already really hate that Greenberg guy."

Phantar said:
Ha Ha!

Still playing his mind games with them:

"Look, I'm really still your friend, I wasn't trying to plot your downfall tonight."

and

"I'll be back in five years, Tooves here can take the CEO job. The Penns and Zorba will have moved on and it will all be sweet again. And I can have my life membership reinstated. In fact I already really hate that Greenberg guy."

Good to see some sense of humor about it for a change.

Daddycool said:

Nice post daddycool it is about perception.

I think most of the angst against Hasler is how he left and who he took with him to the scumdogs. I also believe that if the board was cohesive Hasler wouldn’t of had the opportunity to negotiate contracts with GreenTURD. There is nothing wrong in trying to earn as much as you can.

Frogz said:
Can we start a seperate forum for "The Dessy we love you no matter what" followers.

Nah, maybe we should just have a separate haters forum for all the sheep that follow blindly. There are always two sides to a story frogz.

Phantar said:
"I'll be back in five years, Tooves here can take the CEO job. The Penns and Zorba will have moved on and it will all be sweet again.

Be careful what you wish for.

Toovey is a better person than hasler.

He didn't put his hand up to my face and wave me away when asking for a signature on my First born 3 month old sons jersey....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4