If Only ... I would love to see this happen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Hi all,
If Des has the ability to get 3 players, who would it be. keep in mind we would have to let go of 4 to do so.

i would go for:

1- Klemmer
2- Whare
3- Hopoate.

and let go off
1- Winterstien
2- Perrett
3- Matt Wright
4- Gosiewski

I would even love to see him then also be able to fit Jamal Hoppa back into our squad.

having Will Hoppa and Whare in our squad opens up lots of options and cover in our backline.

PS- Lets get Gutho back for a wing spot while we are at it.. haha

Hi all,
If Des has the ability to get 3 players, who would it be. keep in mind we would have to let go of 4 to do so.

i would go for:

1- Klemmer
2- Whare
3- Hopoate.

and let go off
1- Winterstien
2- Perrett
3- Matt Wright
4- Gosiewski

I would even love to see him then also be able to fit Jamal Hoppa back into our squad.
I think losing three forwards for one would leave us very light in that department. I don't have any love for those players but we will need to hang onto (or get some more) fringe 1st grade players for depth. Also I don't think the value of your second list is anywhere near the first (even with Des working some salary cap magic).

Hi all,

i would go for:

1- Klemmer
2- Whare
3- Hopoate.

and let go off
1- Winterstien
2- Perrett
3- Matt Wright
4- Gosiewski

having Will Hoppa and Whare in our squad opens up lots of options and cover in our backline.

your dreaming, sign three internationals and let go 3 reserve graders :giggle:
Matt Wright is gone too mate by the way. Not re-signed

The bloke I would chase is Maloney ..... a 5/8 an old head, a competitor, an organiser, a mongrel and a never say die bastard ....
The reality is, we are limited to signing unwanteds and untesteds, unless we are willing to move on some of our bigger earners. It will be interesting to see what Des thinks are our biggest weaknesses and where we can afford to take a couple of hits. I think we need some better wingers, another half (unless Elgy/Crocker can step up, which I'm doubting) and some more (quality) depth in the forwards. Problem is, we don't have much of a hand to bargain with, so it could be a very interesting or a very dull off season depending on how Des feels about the current squad.

The reality is, we are limited to signing unwanteds and untesteds, unless we are willing to move on some of our bigger earners. It will be interesting to see what Des thinks are our biggest weaknesses and where we can afford to take a couple of hits. I think we need some better wingers, another half (unless Elgy/Crocker can step up, which I'm doubting) and some more (quality) depth in the forwards. Problem is, we don't have much of a hand to bargain with, so it could be a very interesting or a very dull off season depending on how Des feels about the current squad.

That appears to be it ..... but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit more in the kitty than advertised ...... we have lost Myles, Brown a few Wrights, Uate, Lussick, Hastings, et al and have a few still unsigned .... even with upgrades we might have more than is being let on ....between that and trades I am hoping anyway ...

Sam Tagataese is the type of back up forward we need. Let Perret and Frankenstein go, sign Tagataese for depth. With Taupau, AFB, Paseka and Tanginoa as our rotating props, Tagataese would be first to come in for injuries and absent rep players. Mitchell Allgood would add handy depth aswell.

Sam Tagataese is the type of back up forward we need. Let Perret and Frankenstein go, sign Tagataese for depth. With Taupau, AFB, Paseka and Tanginoa as our rotating props, Tagataese would be first to come in for injuries and absent rep players. Mitchell Allgood would add handy depth aswell.

One of the problems is that if you let 2 go ..... you have to sign 2 back ...... question is are you going to get a Tagagtaese and one other for the same coin as Franky and Perrett ? ... don't know but it really is a chess game these days ...

That's not how it works you have to have someone want them to get rid of them. Can't imagine any clubs wanting these 4 and I add Hodkinson to that list.

Pretty sure Matt Wright was released at the end of last season. But yes there is a bit of deadwood that we need gone but not many takers for obvious reasons. However Des hasn't really had a chance to assess the players he has which i am sure he would be keen to do to know where the priorities are. Even though most of us have a wish list it comes back to who Des needs and also who Des sees that he can take to the next level

The bloke I would chase is Maloney ..... a 5/8 an old head, a competitor, an organiser, a mongrel and a never say die bastard ....
I thought I read that they were trying to offload him so yeah he'd be great.
Dunno how much coin he'd want.
I would love us to get the only slime player who is
A. Not a grub. And
B. Not overrated.
Nathan Brown.
He's tough as and has some skills and would be a Dessie type player.
I just don't think we are in that position though.

I don’t reckon Penrith will get another full season out of him. 2 years ago I’d agree with you but his body is broken and he keeps getting concussed with his terrible tackling technique

Hi all,

i would go for:

1- Klemmer
2- Whare
3- Hopoate.

and let go off
1- Winterstien
2- Perrett
3- Matt Wright
4- Gosiewski

Simply never going to happen those 3 players are not coming to our club sorry to say

I don’t reckon Penrith will get another full season out of him. 2 years ago I’d agree with you but his body is broken and he keeps getting concussed with his terrible tackling technique

You may be correct ...... although he is good enough for a bit of load management during the year ...... I guess my view is more along the lines of injecting some of his DNA into the squad ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7