If Foran signs with the Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
I say keep him in toyota cup and promote hodgkinson at 1/2 and jamie at 5/8. It is our club that has helped him gain the rise to stardom, and some sort of  loyalty is demanded, I'm sure we will pay big dough to keep him but if he wants to leave, then don't give him our beloved 1st grade jumper.

He has a half spot nearly guaranteed at our club for next 10 years in which he can achieve much for himself, us and new zealand. Sorry, if the papers are true about wanting to play for the ROOSTERS then I have no time for him! Let's promote the boys who want to play for us!!

Let's find out where his loyalty is. Compare him to Kingy, Choc, Brett, they are star players, not even mentioning Beaver. Players that are signed to another club cannot give 100%, their mind has to be elsewhere!!

Has this guy indicated he will sign elsewhere next season?  If he has, I haven't read about it, (except on this forum).   

Agree Darren, put a contract in front of him asap and lets see what their (Foran and his Managers) next move is

Why should Manly pay for him, develop him, and groom him, so he can hang out with his buddy @ The Roosters the year after?

DSM5 - officials of the club have already suggested that they understand he has an very important commercial decision to make, so they are already aware that THe Roosters want him, and he's "deciding".

Like Berks has said. Put a contract under his nose (make it attractive) - if he doesn't sign it - off to Belrose Eagles. Forget NYC, forget Sunshine Coast.

Like Graham Lowe says - if someone doesn't want to be here - piss off.

okay, it is media talk, but as we know, where there's smoke there's fire!!
BLINDSIDE
SPORTGENERAL
29 JAN 10 @ 04:30PM

There is some strong mail Manly's Kieran Foran could be off to the Roosters in 2011. Chooks’ Foran order: STRONG rumours persist that off-contract Sea Eagles half Kieran Foran is off to the Roosters in 2011. Our well-placed Bondi Junction spy is convinced Foran will be in the tri-colours next year.

Foran hasn't even played a year of nrl and already this talk about him!! compare that to choc, lyon, robbo, wolfman, brett, glenn, kitey etc. We put up with the Jarrod saga last year and it was obvious he was leaving. Let's not help this kid to stardom for the ROOSTERS benefit!!! it sounds like we are offering a 4 year contract which would be over the million mark and he is only 18!! He is guaranteed a half position and with the club that has supported him for several years. As Berkeley Eagle said, show now what you want, is it us or Easts?? Don't wait until July etc, Make us fans happy by signing soon, If it is going to be Easts, promote Hodgkinson, why develop a future roosters player

agree exactly Ryan, we want players who want to be here!!! Like in 2008, the boys worked so hard for each other, we only want that type of committment!!!
Des and Lowey need to make a decision about how long they are going to wait,

it can't be about money at this young age, he's only 18! if we offer 220-250 a year it's got to be close to other offers!! No team would be paying 350 for a kid who hasn't played a year of nrl!!

And is Hodkinson set for years to come?  I've read on the forum that he's interested in going back to Parra.  Agreed on Foran, put a decent offer in front of him and if he doesn't sign, then get Lowe to act on his word. 

gday dsm5, it's a hard one, our best scenario is for him to sign early, say he is happy here etc and take up his role as a leading player in our team, I'd hate to see us develop him and leave us,

Foran has a contract for 2010 and regardless of whether he is leaving Manly after this year or not, the fans, the sponsors and the other players deserve to have the best team possible play each week.

Put yourselves in Watmough or Glenn Stewart's shoes. How do expect them to bust their guts every week when they know there are better players playing Q Cup or NYC.

In any case the coaching staff proved last year that they will play the best players. When JWH announced he was leaving last year he had only played 1 NRL match at the time. Hasler played him after that. If hadn't played the last match, Melbourne would have beaten Manly by 60.

He will stay

If he doesnt pick up whoever is discarded from the rorters 7 halves for half their price

Do all you can to win a premiership for Manly with the players we have in our 2010 squad. If that includes Foran, I say play him anyway. Once we are done for the season, in the unlikely circumstance of being out of the reckoning, play him in Reserve Grade but it is crazy to not play him if he is the best in his position or otherwise deserving of a spot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4