If anyone's game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Starting on fox sports 2 at 8pm, round 1, 2001, Northern eagles vs Knights. I can't remember the team from then and have no idea of the score, so... should be interesting.

Newcastle 10 (Darren Albert, Justin Ryder tries Andrew Johns 1/3 goals) v
Northern Eagles 12 (Steve Menzies, Robert Miles tries Ben Walker 2/3 goals)

Just as a league fan in general, that was a good game to watch.  Kennedy and Perry off the bench for Newcastle, Kimmorley and Walker's first game together.  How unsung was Reeves as a fullback??  Johns and Walker gave it to each other all game......**** me i hate the off season.  Bring on 2011!!!

I faced death and it never came,that was the most terrible game ive seen of 1st grade besides.....something along the lines of Cows vs Sharks or something lame

The only thing that made me leave it on was Beaver and Tooves,Walker was an absolute joke,ill never forget him missing a regulation penalty to lose to i think it was the tigers,absolute choker

Never watched a Northern Eagles game and never will. It was the only 3 years of my life I have not watched rugby league, and thank god Manly came back into the comp. Thats why 2008 so sweeeeet for me!

Didn't Walker kick the goal for the first ever Golden point win ?

Don't think he was that bad

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=186200.msg310710#msg310710 date=1293836060]
Didn't Walker kick the goal for the first ever Golden point win ?

Don't think he was that bad

You're right!Against Parra at Brookie.
[/quote]

Yes from a very interesting offside call. Good to see the refs costing the game for someone else

Ben Walker and Andrew Johns actually finished 2001 as joint most points scorers.  Walker scored 279 points for the northern eagles that year with 17 tries, 102 goals and 1 field goal.  He apparently holds the record for most points scored by a 5/8.  2001 was a very good year for Ben.

Close to the line walker backed himself and was good at taking on the line. He scored a lot of points from 10 out.

As for reeves I always thought he was on of the only reasons ne were at least better than the sharks. He was good in defines and put his body on the line all the time. a solid player and his back injury cost him.

Him and walker were 2 of the beat the northern eagles ever saw

Dan link said:
Close to the line walker backed himself and was good at taking on the line. He scored a lot of points from 10 out.

As for reeves I always thought he was on of the only reasons ne were at least better than the sharks. He was good in defines and put his body on the line all the time. a solid player and his back injury cost him.

I really liked Ben Walker when he played with us, I thought he was a shining light in an otherwise struggling team. Much the same as Mona's was in his first couple of seasons with us.

Shane link said:
Walker was an absolute joke,ill never forget him missing a regulation penalty to lose to i think it was the tigers,absolute choker

Is this one of your gee up calls ?

Dan link said:

dan were  you drunk went you wrote this mate ???

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8