Idris to the Pennies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Apparently Idris has played the 'compassionate grounds' card to get a release to join Penrith. Brad Tighe has moved in the opposite direction.

He was one of the titans best last year before he got injured. Penrith certainly got the better end of that deal. Brad tighe ??!!

Idris signed for five years @ 1.8m in 2011.

June last year the DT had him stating 'I want to be a Titan for life' :huh:

There maybe something rotten in the State of the Titans :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Idris signed for five years @ 1.8m in 2011.

June last year the DT had him stating 'I want to be a Titan for life' :huh:

There maybe something rotten in the State of the Titans :cool:

There is....the coach. The sooner they get rid of Cartwright and give the gig to Neil Henry the better.

Yet again Penrith, who have the State's largest and best juniors, recruit an expensive outsider. And yet I'll bet Gus keeps spinning the line that the club is 'building from the inside'.
This is one NSW club that doesn't need to adopt the Easts' "buying is better" approach to be successful.

Name one side in the NRL that is successfully "building from the inside". There are few that could I suppose, but it is highly doubtful that it would work. Every team will always have its share of talented imports.

Actually, does "building from the inside" really mean he wants a team made up of nothing but local talent? I doubt it. So that would make Gould right and me wrong. Damn it!!

I think Penrith had cultural issues 'building from the inside'. The players who grew up in Penrith are treated like gods out there and start to believe their own bs after a while. That is why they showed guys like Jenko and Lewis the door. I think their plan will pay off and I think Idris is a good buy. I'm not sure what they were thinking with Soward though...

MadMarcus said:
I think Penrith had cultural issues 'building from the inside'. The players who grew up in Penrith are treated like gods out there and start to believe their own bs after a while. That is why they showed guys like Jenko and Lewis the door. I think their plan will pay off and I think Idris is a good buy. I'm not sure what they were thinking with Soward though...

You're right about the cultural issues. Matt Elliott allowed the senior players to take over. When Cleary stepped in and tried to impose some discipline there was a revolt. Gould tried hard to bring them around but they spat it and walked from the club.

That process took more than a year out of his 5 year plan. Make no mistake they are on the improve. They have a very good coach and a huge juniors nursery. Once the ball is rolling they will be a very strong club.

He left Sydney coz according to him its " kill or be killed " ; and now he is moving back to the land of the Houso , lmaso

I'm loving the work of Gould's Son. You should check him out. He has scored himself an acting job in the U.S. He plays the character "Lebanon Levi" on the show - Amish Mafia. He really looks like his Dad.

The Titans could end up getting the better of this deal - Tighe is a good solid first grader with plenty of experience and Idris' commitment and ability to recover from his bad injury is questionable.

Manly To Win! said:
The Titans could end up getting the better of this deal - Tighe is a good solid first grader with plenty of experience and Idris' commitment and ability to recover from his bad injury is questionable.

They probably free up a bit of cap space, too.

TokyoEagle said:
Manly To Win! said:

They probably free up a bit of cap space, too.

The Titans let him go very easily ..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4