I will say it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brett Stewart was a favourite player of mine for so long that I overlooked the fact he carried on like a goose for this latter part of his career. He hasn't done anyone any favours with his attitude least of all himself. I can't imagine what he went through in 2009 but as a normal adult human I've been through some tough times myself. I haven't been payed half a million dollars a year to do something I love whilst this has happened though. We all have tough times. How we carry ourselves through them is the mark of the person we are. Brett Stewart is not someone I would want my children to look up to. But nor would I wish what he went through to happen to anyone.

No matter how much I have loved him as a player in the past. What he is doing on the field at present is tarnishing a great career. If he is injured he really needs to rest. If it is a form slump he needs a rest too. Come back snake.

Edit. Was a bit harsh last night. I hope like everyone here he turns around miraculously. And becomes the prince of Brookvale again. Has been my favourite player since Menzies.

Last edited:
I thought he made a better effort tonight. Pretty sure he is just too busted, sad to see him like this, I remember him in better days. He has scored some of the greatest tries in the history of the game, and been in the top 5 all time fullbacks in the game. I think we should cut him a bit of slack, and be grateful we had him with a Manly jersey on.

Stewart was a brilliant player that is now just a park footballer due to injuries, age , health & it's sadly obvious - he does not want to be there.
Personally believe he has given too much good to Manly to kick him while down, but is seriously depressing watching this champion fullback deteriate to possibly the worst player in first grade....the fact he was arguably up with the best only makes it worse.

Terrible - should have been cut many many moons ago and we could have kept whare, hiku and gutho had he gone when he should have.

Needs to have a massive look at himself and just step down, even Billy Slaters had the decency to reconsider his position after ongoing injury.

Yes sad to see. Loved him in the number 1 for so long and when at his best he and slater were as good as anyone to wear the number 1. I'm loving watching games with my 6 year old he gives such honest feedback and just loves manly. Tonight he said "dad, Stewart doesn't run hard. We need someone better at fullback". Now he is 6 but I was honestly thinking the same. I'll give snake a month and if this form is still here o think we drop him and give 1 to Tommy.

His body is shot. You can see him wincing every time he hits the defence. He has aged 10 years in the last 12 months.

I think he's struggling mentally to accept that he can't do it anymore, and I think he'll continue to struggle with that even after retirement.

I'll always remember him for the good times, and I hope these times finish soon.

No matter how much I have loved him as a player in the past. What he is doing on the field at present is cowardly.
That's quite a poor comment, Top End. Unless you have some inside information. I've been watching the matches and clearly he can't stretch out at all, but has played to help out the club in one of its darker hours.

That's quite a poor comment, Top End. Unless you have some inside information. I've been watching the matches and clearly he can't stretch out at all, but has played to help out the club in one of its darker hours.

I hope for his sake he's playing injured because if he's not his nickname should be changed from Snake to marsh mellow or pillow because that's how soft he looks at present.

Yes sad to see. Loved him in the number 1 for so long and when at his best he and slater were as good as anyone to wear the number 1. I'm loving watching games with my 6 year old he gives such honest feedback and just loves manly. Tonight he said "dad, Stewart doesn't run hard. We need someone better at fullback". Now he is 6 but I was honestly thinking the same. I'll give snake a month and if this form is still here o think we drop him and give 1 to Tommy.
Give snake a month?.
Is 11 losses in a row your limit?
NYEagle

Brett Stewart was a favourite player of mine for so long that I overlooked the fact he carried on like a dickhead for most of his career. He hasn't done anyone any favours with his attitude least of all himself. I can't imagine what he went through in 2009 but as a normal adult human I've been through some tough times myself. I haven't been payed half a million dollars a year to do something I love whilst this has happened though. We all have tough times. How we carry ourselves through them is the mark of the person we are. Brett Stewart is not someone I would want my children to look up to.

No matter how much I have loved him as a player in the past. What he is doing on the field at present is cowardly.
Wow top end. Maybe a bit harsh.I wrote something earlier on the Catalans thread along similar lines but what I DO think is cowardly is people who are letting him play when he shouldn't.
What concerns me is how he'll get the send off he deserves in his last outing at Brookie.

I hope for his sake he's playing injured because if he's not his nickname should be changed from Snake to marsh mellow or pillow because that's how soft he looks at present.
But he wants to play 3 more years in the UK. I'm confused.
Don't you also have to run when you play rugby league in the UK?. Or is it a higher altitude or something over there.
NYEagle

But he wants to play 3 more years in the UK. I'm confused.
Don't you also have to run when you play rugby league in the UK?. Or is it a higher altitude or something over there.
NYEagle

Delusional, if he thinks he has one more year in him let alone three. Im sure even english clubs aren't that desperate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4