I live in hope...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
That Max Delmerge will come into a ton of money and buy Penn out of the club.

That Grant Mayer will be free to take over as CEO.

That Hasler will be sacked by the dogs and immediately snapped up by us.

That Whare, Hiku, Gutherson and Buhrer will ask for releases and come home (with cap room from the releases of Nate Myles, Dylan Walker, and Api Koriosau).

We wouldn't be any worse off with Tooves as coach and gutherson hiku starling horo t red and buhrer instead of walker Kapow sironen Myles and Winterstein. Kapow is obviously good but he is suspended a lot.

I don't care who is CEO as long as they are presiding over a culture that wins premierships. Mayer did that.
Mayer didn't win premierships with the Tigers , They nearly won the wooden spoon when he was there

That Whare, Hiku, Gutherson and Buhrer will ask for releases and come home (with cap room from the releases of Nate Myles, Dylan Walker, and Api Koriosau).
Clinging to the past is not going to change things. What we need most of all is a club that is united and moves forward together, that starts in the front office and the owners need to work with the football club so we have a united board. After all the changes we now need to stick with what we have for now and allow it to gel. It is obvious we are well off the pace right now. Going back is not going to work. I lament that quality players that you mention are gone and have chosen to leave. We need to build a team like we had to do in 2004 and the Turbro brothers have to lead the recovery and once again we will be a force.

You were doing so well until you got to your third paragraph!

I don't care who is CEO as long as they are presiding over a culture that wins premierships. Mayer did that.
Mayer was just in the right place at the right time. The pathway to success was laid by the likes of Paul Cummings, an earlier CEO.

Mayer was nothing to write home about, as subsequent events in his career have indicated.

Mayer was just in the right place at the right time. The pathway to success was laid by the likes of Paul Cummings, an earlier CEO.

Mayer was nothing to write home about, as subsequent events in his career have indicated.
Further to my last, Mayer was also the CEO who 'presided' over the 2009 season launch at Manly Wharf. We all know how that turned out.

I live in hope that our 2017 season will have at least some degree of success (at some stage - preferably from next week onwards), and that our current squad and coaches will be able to demonstrate more passion, commitment and enthusiasm, individually and collectively, to the maroon and white than what was on show yesterday. Go Manly! "Still" looking forward to the Cowboys next week. :finger:

Last edited:
We do need to stick with what we have for 2017, but results will not improve unless the players are 100% invested and the coaches can develop the semblance of a game plan. Yesterday's performance was farcical...it really was

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooo

I love Tooves as much as any Manly fan, but he ain't coming back.

Honestly we are starting to sound like the Red V fans dwelling on yester year and how great we once were.

We need to focus on what we can control and continue to stick the boot into the current management, coaches and players

No matter what players or admin you bring in as long as Zoolander is in charge we are doomed...
Watching his press conference, he looked like he has realised he is out of his depths even with bozo pulling the strings

I know that many of the things I listed can't (and probably shouldn't) happen. It's just so sad to see how far we have slipped and we only seem to be getting worse. Last week against Parra I at least saw some passion and resolve in defending the line.

I have been trying to give Barrett the benefit of the doubt but the complete lack of a game plan, releasing of good players only to replace them with inferior ones, and the questionable selections and use of the bench have really got me to the final straw. If we can't win in Rd 5 with all our props back then he needs to go.

Cowboys are there for the taking next week. Couple of golden point games will have drained their energy, plus they'll have a few players missing. They will be very complacent. We should be able to come up with the win.
giphy.gif

Reading another thread today saying Max isn't happy, there's a slight chance this could happen. Its remote but at least he's expressing an interest, so we live in hope anyway...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6