I heard a joke last night...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the joke is that you watched that tripe in the first place

That is true Dan,

From Joke, some paraphrasing quotes.

'Even when Jamie Lyon wanted to play I didn't want to select him'.
'The other selectors made it clear that he is the inform center in the game'.
'I think he should be picked on formed'.

(it gets better).

'We wanted to select Jamie lyon so SOO doesn't become a farce, so coaches and club CEO's won't put pressure on players to play for there club instead of playing rep footy'.
'If a coach is under pressure and there is a big game coming up or it is a home game we don't want them not to play origin because of it.' WTF WHERE DOES HE GET THIS **** FROM>???

Every one else there actually had a clue and informed Joke that it was personal reasons that Lyon didn't want to play. And now you can fully understand why. When one of the selectors has always been deadset against your pick in the team. Then comes out in the media and criticises your performances.

LD is a fool, he believes anything certain people feed to him.

Lyon is a family man always has been, and it is widely known that last year he said he didnt want to play for specific family reasons and no one can blame him for not wanting to play with what happened last year, which I don't think we should publicly discuss either, because it's something Jamie never did.

Jamie is the sort of guy that doesn't want, nor expect to have to give detailed reasons, he doesn't want to make excuses and he doesn't want his family to have to cop anything. In short he is a good bloke, possibly morally one of the best, and Laurie's character assassinations are a joke.

If Jamie doesnt want to play dont pick him, but Jamie being Jamie, he will play and take on the responsibility that is before him

We need to go to a Laurie Daley hosted show one day, a big group of us and we will do what we used to do to a teacher at our high school.

This teacher had a snoz as big as Daleys, and whenever we had a school assembly and he spoke, every time he would turn his head we would all duck. That poor bloke hated us.

saw a guy in macarthur mall with a t-shirt that had stewart 17 on the back which said "that's my teen"  :D ;D

Who thinks of this stuff!  He got a few remarks said to him!

Darren link said:
saw a guy in macarthur mall with a t-shirt that had stewart 17 on the back which said \"that's my teen\"   :D ;D

Who thinks of this stuff!  He got a few remarks said to him!
what are scumbag
but then again u would expect it from a westie

I got the "Thats my teen" text message about 1 or 2 days after it happened. It doesnt take people long.

that guy copped some ordinary comments when he went past me, funny enough, he seemed to be doing laps around the mall, probably just to enjoy some attention

OK here's what I don't get......

If a bloke doesn't want to play and says to the Powers That Be he has no interest, why can't he be exempt from rep selection??

That way some other bloke who wants to make the rep side can be given a chance.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the NSW selectors are going to (most likely) choose a player who openly has no desire to represent his state.

On a side note, since when do NSW selectors choose a squad based on current form?!

Would have loved to have watched Daley on Fox, but was too busy watching a patch of backyard grass grow.  

But before we criticise Daley, let's first try to understand his belief system.  Here's my understanding of Daley's beliefs based on what's reported:

1.  Daley doesn't believe Lyon has form to be picked (other selectors disagree).  But Daley believes Lyon should be picked because of his form.

2.  When Lyon wanted to be play rep football Daley believed he shouldn't be picked, but now Lyon says he doesn't want to play rep football, so Daley believes he should be picked.

3.  When Lyon says he doesn't want to play rep football for personal reasons, Daley believes that Lyon is lying and wants to play rep football. But belief 2 doesn't apply because Daley believes that Manly don't want Lyon to be picked, and Manly needs to be taught a lesson by him.

4.  Daley believes that, as a selector, he should suggest Lyon (as a prospective Blues player) is a liar on international TV. And that he should suggest on international TV, that Lyon is being forced to state these lies. i.e. that Lyon is not only a liar, but a puppet.

Is that a fair summary?

I watched NRL on Fox last night, and really must admit I had no drama at all with most of Daley's thoughts

He was correct in 1 assessment in particular, at the moment Lyon is the best centre going around

The point where I could see the merits in what he was saying

An Origin side is down 2-0 in the series, dead rubber left to play, club side struggling, and the club coach and CEO start leaning on the player heavily not to play the match, what will happen ?

Interesting theory, Kiwi, except the series is 0-0 (not 2-0) and it doesn't explain why Manly would push for Ox's selection and be opposed to Lyon's.  Why would you prefer to lose your captain and main playmaker?  It is a huge jump to presume, without evidence, that a player is lying.

Daley's argument is a reason to play state of origin and internationals after the grand final.

The point was that letting Lyon be exempt now, could lead to others applying should that 2-0 situation occur basically

Whether that is right or wrong is debatable, but it is probably a valid enough point

I haven't seen Manly's push for Ox, but I feel they would push for him because they feel he deserves it, and still has a burning desire there that Lyon does not

Simple solution is to make it so players can only apply for exemption before the series starts.
The bigger issue is when there are international tours or matches at the end of the season when players want to rest or have operations to fix niggles or worse injuries.
If a heap of players pull out of an Australian team it diminishes the jersey/honour. This happened a few years ago.
Again, the simple solution is to allow applications to be made up to the start of the rep games each season but not after that.

thoughts?

All Jamie needs to do is get picked and then decline to play. He misses one game for us, and the selectors hopefully dont bother picking him for the next game.

Even if they do, Id rather he declined to play again and have the weekend off for us and spend time with his family than risk injury playing SOO.

Fluffy link said:
stuff that, if he gets picked he should walk out on the field and do nothing

I agree.  They certainly wouldn't pick him again if he did that.

what are the chances of bellyache picking an 18th man only to swap him with Lyon at the 11th hour?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4