I have a love hate relationship with finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Finals footy always stirs a mixture of emotions for me. I love the excitement, how brutal the games become and the possibility of Manly winning another premiership,

I love that the intensity of footy picks up and I love the feeling in every game.

But I hate how much closer it brings me to months without footy. The thing about summer is, that it lends itself to sitting around enjoying a beer with mates and just chilling out.

That could only be topped off with a game of footy on the TV or the radio, but no, we have to wait 6 long months until the next season.

Oh how torn i am!

Re: I havea love hate relationship with finals footy

agree, I'm a realist and I know manly are a very slim chance, but it's finals and I couldn't help putting a $100 on them to win on sunday even though I very very rearly bet

Going to be a long off season. As they tend to be.
The 08/09 off season was great because of the anticipation of the WCC match.

Watching footy in the summer, how good would that be. I love summer i'm guessing like most people. Being a huge cricket fan tends to help but of course the great weather. Plus time goes so quickly these days that the footy is back before we know.

I am the same, with a couple of weeks left in the season I always seem to start thinking, ****, only 25 games of footy left now. Only 9 as I type this

The 4 Nations adds another month onto the season, the Kiwi squad is certainly gaining a lot more quality depth each year so hopefully over the next 3-5 years they can consistently push Australia and make that comp something to really look forward too. The Kiwis pack will always be strong, Marshall and Foran in the halves has long term potential, Luke is the goods at hooker, big Manu out on the wings, the basis of a good side is there

Yes the off-season is a bit of a concern. However when I think of what has happened to cricket, I am glad that we aren't so flooded with footy that it loses its appeal. The last few years have really wiped a lot of the magic from cricket, for me anyway. Go away so I can miss you.

Dan link said:
Finals footy always stirs a mixture of emotions for me. I love the excitement, how brutal the games become and the possibility of Manly winning another premiership,

I love that the intensity of footy picks up and I love the feeling in every game.

But I hate how much closer it brings me to months without footy. The thing about summer is, that it lends itself to sitting around enjoying a beer with mates and just chilling out.

That could only be topped off with a game of footy on the TV or the radio, but no, we have to wait 6 long months until the next season.

Oh how torn i am!

whatever-I really don't think it matters to much-as long as we win.

And you sound like you have given up already....

Pffffft

i have given up that the season is over within the next few weeks yes. It is inevitable unless they decide to extend the finals series by and extra few weeks.

Dan I hear you.

I have been counting down games for weeks, and here I am at half time in what will be the last Friday night game for 6 months.

Matabele link said:
The NFL kicked off this morning and Super 15 starts a week or two after the Super Bowl.

NHL for me mate. I'm becoming totally addicted to the sport.....almost like I did in the early days of The Eagles.

TBH I'm looking forward to the off-season. Melbourne f@cked the season up for mine. Now we've got the betting bullsh!t doing the rounds. I'd just love a season of footy, where everything resides around footy...without cheating.

NFL or College ball for me during the offseason

NFL is brutally proffesional

College ball has alot worse defense

sorta like

NRL and Toyota Cup

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185234.msg293025#msg293025 date=1284116796]
The NFL kicked off this morning and Super 15 starts a week or two after the Super Bowl.

NHL for me mate. I'm becoming totally addicted to the sport.....almost like I did in the early days of The Eagles.
[/quote] And the Canucks are going all the way this year !!

robbiea link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185234.msg293034#msg293034 date=1284117991]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185234.msg293025#msg293025 date=1284116796]

[/quote] And the Canucks are going all the way this year !!
[/quote]

edited.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4