I hate not being premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am trying to patient bones, and never count my chickens but goddammit I have only been premiers 8 times in the 45 years I've been on this earth! Being premiers satisfies me, not being premiers is repellant and depressing.

Gee @Shoe1, can you wait a couple of months. Try to savour it. Anything won too easily is probably not worth having - We dont want to turn this year's comp into a one night stand. Er, sorry, think i need to find a different comparison :), that one doesnt quite sound a secure argument. . . .

Is it just me, or should winning a minor premiership land each player in the squad of 25 at least 10k? Like $250k reward? Splitting up $100k amongst 25 doesn't go far. Maybe three rides each at Luna Park.

It's as handy as the long serving player allowance.

No wonder players leave for greener pastures.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Gee @Shoe1, can you wait a couple of months. Try to savour it. Anything won too easily is probably not worth having - We dont want to turn this year's comp into a one night stand. Er, sorry, think i need to find a different comparison :), that one doesnt quite sound a secure argument. . . .

Fair enough, I feel for the children mostly. For example my 11 year old has only seen 2 premierships in his lifetime.

RiverEagle said:
He would've been a bit young to appreciate his first too mate @Shoe1

Best we right that terrible wrong and make it a hat-trick for him ASAP.

I know! Also my youngest was not yet 2 in 2011! Poor lass.

If we should win it this year, I think it would be a nice gesture for the referees to hand us the premiership trophy.;)

No, no, not the way they handed it to the Roosters last year, just passing it to the captain will be fine.:p

EaglesDontTweet said:
If we should win it this year, I think it would be a nice gesture for the referees to hand us the premiership trophy.;)

No, no, not the way they handed it to the Roosters last year, just passing it to the captain will be fine.:p

You can bet Toddy and his puppet Dave Smith will have their grubby hands on the presentation mate.

Glory seekers et all those blokes.

At least Manly have given us premiership joy (6 in my lifetime). Think of those poor fools who were life long Bears fans born after 1922.....or those who follow Cronulla who'll probably never win a premiership.

My local league Aussie rules team (West Adelaide) won a premiership in 1983 when I was a kid.....been waiting 31 years for another (we've had 4 GF losses since then) and its not likely to happen this year.

Thankfully the first game of league I ever saw (on TV) was Manly, though we did lose that game (the 1982 GF). I fell in love that day and have been ever since :D

HoldenV8 said:
At least Manly have given us premiership joy (6 in my lifetime). Think of those poor fools who were life long Bears fans born after 1922.....or those who follow Cronulla who'll probably never win a premiership.

My local league Aussie rules team (West Adelaide) won a premiership in 1983 when I was a kid.....been waiting 31 years for another (we've had 4 GF losses since then) and its not likely to happen this year.

Thankfully the first game of league I ever saw (on TV) was Manly, though we did lose that game (the 1982 GF). I fell in love that day and have been ever since :D

Too true @HoldenV8, and Manly have kindly served up their premierships every decade since the seventies, never wanting to let us down or have us forget them:cool:

Minor premierships give me a shiver every time I think of 1995. Nothing worst than being the most consistent dominant team through a season and then not wrap up the premiership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4