I don't like Reubens goalkicking!

One bad miss last night, needs to improve his consistency. He is still young and learning and hes done a good job most of the year with goal kicking and his finishing has been first class.

I get that he kicks some from the sidelines but I don't like his technique at all. Come semi finals time it will be heart in the mouth stuff watching him.

Just looks wonky, no reliable curl, sometimes follows through sometimes not. Just ugly.

And it looked different this week!

NYEagle

His percentage is approx 73% which is too low in my opinion. I'm no kick coach but he needs to get this percentage 80% or above!

I think its just a bit of natural progression. Each week his game improves. He looks more relaxed. At one point he would have thought his goalkicking helped keep him in the team. Not now. His conributions are outstanding.
I think fans are counting for and against at all cost atm.

What's this about?! He's good ffs. Rookie of the year, try scoring gun AND kicker. He only missed one and that wasn't easy ...
Gazza missed 2 down to 66% conversion rate

Des will have him practicing :wait:

upload_2019-8-16_9-43-15.png

There is one spot that he always misses from and it is a relatively easy angle. Over the last 6 weeks I can’t remember him getting one - it’s a third of the way in from the left touchline. If we have a kick from there - give it to DCE. A bit unconventional; however, it could work.

I’m sure Des will have him practicing like crazy over the next week! With a couple of physically tough games, and a shorter turn around last week coming from NZ, a 10 day turn around will be the perfect chance to get back to his kicking ability we saw when he first took over the role. Because we’ve all seen how good he can be!

He was 80% early in the year but Over the past month or so he's percentage would only be 65% to 70%
I mentioned a few weeks ago that he was struggling. Cant be missing those kicks in the finals. He still has a few weeks to turn it around but i kinda expect him to miss now... Early on the season i was surprised when he missed

His rate is decent, but agree there is no consistency with the strike...some hook, some slice, some stay straight, seems to strike them differently each time, so I get the point here.

I get that he kicks some from the sidelines but I don't like his technique at all. Come semi finals time it will be heart in the mouth stuff watching him.

Just looks wonky, no reliable curl, sometimes follows through sometimes not. Just ugly.

And it looked different this week!

NYEagle
Easily solved.......we just need to score more tries under the sticks....just sayin!

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2