Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I don't like Reubens goalkicking!

NYEagle

I get that he kicks some from the sidelines but I don't like his technique at all. Come semi finals time it will be heart in the mouth stuff watching him.

Just looks wonky, no reliable curl, sometimes follows through sometimes not. Just ugly.

And it looked different this week!

NYEagle

40 years an eagle

maybe des should get mathew ridge on the blower for a few lessons with garrick, man could he kick or what
Turbanhead laid the ball backwards and all modern kickers lay it forwards. It is a very different technique, but any of the great kickers would help Garrick mentally I guess and Turbanhead was certainly one of those.

eaglebuzz

He's not the cleanest kicker of the ball, but he gets results more often than not. Too late in the season to change it much now.

sheridanstand78

One bad miss last night, needs to improve his consistency. He is still young and learning and hes done a good job most of the year with goal kicking and his finishing has been first class.

Dankseagles

I get that he kicks some from the sidelines but I don't like his technique at all. Come semi finals time it will be heart in the mouth stuff watching him.

Just looks wonky, no reliable curl, sometimes follows through sometimes not. Just ugly.

NYEagle
His percentage is approx 73% which is too low in my opinion. I'm no kick coach but he needs to get this percentage 80% or above!

jbb/james

I think its just a bit of natural progression. Each week his game improves. He looks more relaxed. At one point he would have thought his goalkicking helped keep him in the team. Not now. His conributions are outstanding.
I think fans are counting for and against at all cost atm.

pjayz

Look into my eyes....
Premium Member
There is one spot that he always misses from and it is a relatively easy angle. Over the last 6 weeks I can’t remember him getting one - it’s a third of the way in from the left touchline. If we have a kick from there - give it to DCE. A bit unconventional; however, it could work.

Kevinward777

There is one spot that he always misses from and it is a relatively easy angle. Over the last 6 weeks I can’t remember him getting one - it’s a third of the way in from the left touchline. If we have a kick from there - give it to DCE. A bit unconventional; however, it could work.
Or make him him kick a hundred of them from that spot at training.

ellakasmar

I’m sure Des will have him practicing like crazy over the next week! With a couple of physically tough games, and a shorter turn around last week coming from NZ, a 10 day turn around will be the perfect chance to get back to his kicking ability we saw when he first took over the role. Because we’ve all seen how good he can be!

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
2019 Tipping Competitor
This is Manly. We gave up 80%+ goal kicking years ago....

Jamie missed heaps and we still won a premiership.

But yes, would be handy if garrick could get his average back up.

The better Robbo

He was 80% early in the year but Over the past month or so he's percentage would only be 65% to 70%
I mentioned a few weeks ago that he was struggling. Cant be missing those kicks in the finals. He still has a few weeks to turn it around but i kinda expect him to miss now... Early on the season i was surprised when he missed

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
His goal-kicking has become a bit shaky compared with early on.
His general form though is going from strength to strength, looks like he is really starting to believe in his ability, and he has plenty.

maxta

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
His rate is decent, but agree there is no consistency with the strike...some hook, some slice, some stay straight, seems to strike them differently each time, so I get the point here.

ManlyTragic

NYEagle
Easily solved.......we just need to score more tries under the sticks....just sayin!

Staff online

Latest posts

Top Bottom