I can’t believe I’m saying this but...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
After the last 12 weeks of 2020 and the first 4 weeks of this season I thought we had to look at a massive overhaul and rebuild.. we had ZERO depth and Des was not up to the modern game.. I wasn’t the only one thinking that.. the so called professional press experts were constantly reminding us..

Fast forward 8 weeks and we now or rather Des now has a problem....
We have too many in form first grade NRL players, who have all put their hand up and deserve to be in the 18 let alone 13.. how do we fit them in....

With Sirro, Shuster and Keppie all due back in the next week or two. Add to that After a long time out Suli and Walker look as good as I’ve ever seen them.
Harper, Hamouli and Lawton are shining lights Big Toff, Crocker and Garrick have excelled ... the forgotten man Aloia was our best forward before injury and he’s a chance at getting back this season... we also have Manase on the books and a man that looked like he belonged at Manly andWas set for a big year Davey Who do you leave out

1-Tommy
2-Saab
3- Walker, Harper, Parker, Suli
4- Walker, Harper.Parker.Suli
5-Garrick, Parker, Suli
6- Foz, Shuster,
7- DCE
8- Marty, Aloia, Toff
9- Croker, Lawton, Manase
10- Paseka-Aloia- Toff
11- 12- Sirro, Hamouli,Shuster, Keppie,Lawton, Davey
13-Jake
14- 15- 16 - 17 and 18- whoever misses out from above as on current form you would take any
And I still havnt mentioned players like Saddler, Ben T, Cust who have all shown they belong.. I’ve probably even forgotten a name or two...
25 into 18 doesn’t go! And that’s not counting players like DeLuis and the Jetski who can hold their own.
Our juniors are looking good and not just looking but coming good... just look at how Shoe and BenT have started their NRL careers, they are from the same junior pathways program that holds another 6 or 8 absolute talents..
The future is looking very very bright, opposing team fans are hating us again and opposing teams are fearing us again.. the hit hard run hard and play for each other mentality is back and Bozo can Rest In Peace that the true Manly culture of winners is firmly intrenched.
I feel a decade of dominance on the very near horizon!

i have no idea what out top 17 looks like and if i was being honest it dont think the great man Des does.

but we have players fighting for spots and thats a great thing.

the only things im 100% sure of it
tom at fullback
foran and dce in the halves
jake at lock
and shulster in the back rower.

everything else there seems multiple options.

i have no idea what out top 17 looks like and if i was being honest it dont think the great man Des does.

tom at fullback
jake at lock

Definitely hard to pick at the moment.

But, Schuster and Olakauatu as the starting back rowers *

Was not that long ago we were chasing su'a and brown with very big offers, now we seem to have a fair amount of depth in the back row and outside backs. A few players off contact this year as well so will be interesting to see what the club does moving forward.
yeah, i think its time to upgrade & lock down a few players & forget about bringing anyone in on big $

yeah, i think its time to upgrade & lock down a few players & forget about bringing anyone in on big $
I think we now have the luxury of not rushing into contract negotiations unless it suits us and or being seduced into paying overs, which we have been guilty of on many occasions in the past, our depth is looking good, no doubt some will be head hunted and some let go or moved on, it’s part of the business, but it’s nice to be in a position whereby we can take advantage of the market place if necessary and add quality or secure quality as the opportunities arise.

We really shouldn't need to recruit many/any from outside our club for 2022.
The idea of cultivating from junior reps into development positions before breaking into our top 30 is a successful formula.
I congratulate the recruiters who had the foresight to lure an injured Law-Man here. He is perfect for the up-tempo utility role. It's always wise to keep some money spare for mid-season transfers, but I'd hope that our first option is always to promote from within.

We really shouldn't need to recruit many/any from outside our club for 2022.
The idea of cultivating from junior reps into development positions before breaking into our top 30 is a successful formula.
I congratulate the recruiters who had the foresight to lure an injured Law-Man here. He is perfect for the up-tempo utility role. It's always wise to keep some money spare for mid-season transfers, but I'd hope that our first option is always to promote from within.
Great recruitment.
Aloiai
Harper
Lawton
Saab
Davey

I trust that theu will add the right players next year too but as you said I don't think we really need to hit the market too hard!

Last edited:
Jetski and Boyle are cheap but reserve grade at best.
Siro is on good money but no value for that money
Walker is overpaid and would need to stay for way unders if at all.

It would be good to know where Weekes and Koala fit in the club's future because we could have a very good position cap wise next year.

There are certainly some promising signs but I am not getting ahead of myself at the moment because we have played some sh*t teams over the last couple of months and, to my mind, at this point all we have demonstrated is that we are the 6th best team in the comp...

Great wins against Parra and Titans but uncomfortable victories against the warriors and cowboys whilst the Riff always had us covered and the Knights loss was a letdown (even with poor refereeing)...

...very proud of the boys effort to this point but I assure you that if we start like we did on Sunday then we won't we running soft tries through the middle against any of the top 5 in a semi... if our team that played the warriors (2nd game) or the Knights shows up then it will quickly be "onto 2022"...

We do have Turbo tho (at this point) so we are more than capable of pulling something miraculous off...

For me a victory in R21 against the drizzle is when I may allow myself to get excited about semis...

After the last 12 weeks of 2020 and the first 4 weeks of this season I thought we had to look at a massive overhaul and rebuild.. we had ZERO depth and Des was not up to the modern game.. I wasn’t the only one thinking that.. the so called professional press experts were constantly reminding us..

Fast forward 8 weeks and we now or rather Des now has a problem....
We have too many in form first grade NRL players, who have all put their hand up and deserve to be in the 18 let alone 13.. how do we fit them in....

With Sirro, Shuster and Keppie all due back in the next week or two. Add to that After a long time out Suli and Walker look as good as I’ve ever seen them.
Harper, Hamouli and Lawton are shining lights Big Toff, Crocker and Garrick have excelled ... the forgotten man Aloia was our best forward before injury and he’s a chance at getting back this season... we also have Manase on the books and a man that looked like he belonged at Manly andWas set for a big year Davey Who do you leave out

1-Tommy
2-Saab
3- Walker, Harper, Parker, Suli
4- Walker, Harper.Parker.Suli
5-Garrick, Parker, Suli
6- Foz, Shuster,
7- DCE
8- Marty, Aloia, Toff
9- Croker, Lawton, Manase
10- Paseka-Aloia- Toff
11- 12- Sirro, Hamouli,Shuster, Keppie,Lawton, Davey
13-Jake
14- 15- 16 - 17 and 18- whoever misses out from above as on current form you would take any
And I still havnt mentioned players like Saddler, Ben T, Cust who have all shown they belong.. I’ve probably even forgotten a name or two...
25 into 18 doesn’t go! And that’s not counting players like DeLuis and the Jetski who can hold their own.
Our juniors are looking good and not just looking but coming good... just look at how Shoe and BenT have started their NRL careers, they are from the same junior pathways program that holds another 6 or 8 absolute talents..
The future is looking very very bright, opposing team fans are hating us again and opposing teams are fearing us again.. the hit hard run hard and play for each other mentality is back and Bozo can Rest In Peace that the true Manly culture of winners is firmly intrenched.
I feel a decade of dominance on the very near horizon!
Funny how all the players that were mentioned in the clean out have played out of their skins the last 12 weeks. Id say that is a master stroke Manly

I looked at our roster two years ago and if you look back at my posts, I think predicted 2021 for a premiership however, I think it’s more likely 2024

Why?

1) Penrith will dominate the next three years along with Melbourne however, we’ll make semi finals
2) Manly’s juniors will come through and by 2024 we’ will have at least 6 players who will be from two families in the team and a squad the envy of every other team.

I looked at our roster two years ago and if you look back at my posts, I think predicted 2021 for a premiership however, I think it’s more likely 2024

Why?

1) Penrith will dominate the next three years along with Melbourne however, we’ll make semi finals
2) Manly’s juniors will come through and by 2024 we’ will have at least 6 players who will be from two families in the team and a squad the envy of every other team.
2024 is a long way away. A lot can and will happen by then. Panthers are only a couple of injuries away from coming right back to the pack.
Bellamy only 1 more year at Storm. They are the 2 teams yo beat this year but anything is possible.

2024 is a long way away. A lot can and will happen by then. Panthers are only a couple of injuries away from coming right back to the pack.
Bellamy only 1 more year at Storm. They are the 2 teams yo beat this year but anything is possible.

Indeed, they were looking unstoppable this year and now thanks to one origin match they're not even top of the table anymore

I dont rate Cleary as a coach either

Agreed mate. If the Panthers lose this weekend, they will have already come right back to the pack. That leaves the Storm. The biggest game of our season, in fact the game that will potentially define our season is not far away. If we win that game, maintain our form, and stay healthy, there is no reason why we can't feel confident going into the finals.

2021 Premiers sounds good to me @:cool:
Ten years is a long time between drinks.

Last edited:

tom at fullback
jake at lock

I'm not sure about Jake at lock,I'm thinking prop or back row

Schu at lock

We came into this year with no depth
We are ****ing stacked so bad it's not even funny

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8