I admit it...it's time for a rebuild.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess i'm a slow learner but I finally see no other option. It really is time for a rebuild. e won't give this comp a shake until DCE's millions are gone, especially after the stupid money we just upgraded Tom and Jake to extend. Start with a 9 and 7 and hope that Tom, Fainu, Schuster etc come good.

I think we need young guys at 9 and 7 and build for when DCE's contract finishes. I really don't think we will have the ability to buy established players for anywhere in the 17. Try Metcalf at 7 and find 3 fast young backs and some more agile backrowers.

Clear out a whole bunch of guys that will never be good enough to contribute to a premiership team and if this new game is here to stay we better build a team capable of competing in it.

Last edited:
I guess i'm a slow learner but I finally see no other option. It really is time for a rebuild. e won't give this comp a shake until DCE's millions are gone, especially after the stupid money we just upgraded Tom and Jake to extend. Start with a 9 and 7 and hope that Tom, Fainu, Schuster etc come good.

I think we need young guys at 9 and 7 and build for when DCE's contract finishes. I really don't think we will have the ability to buy established players for anywhere in the 17. Try Metcalf at 7 and find 3 fast young backs and some more agile backrowers.

Clear out a whole bunch of guys that will never be good enough to contribute to a premiership team and if this new game is here to stay we better build a team capable of competing in it.
Wouldn’t mind Metcalf to 7, DCE to 6, Cust to 9. What have we got to lose.

Here's my keep and cull.

Keep

AFB
Fainu
Keppie
Sirro Maybe for experience
Guacamole
Paseka
Sipley
Schuster
Jake No choice
Sione Fainu
Saddler Maybe
DCE. No choice
Metcalf
Tom No choice
Hoppa
Funa Maybe...but I doubt it.
Burbo

Sure i missed 2 or 3 young guys in our squad.

Find a 9, 3 fast young backs and 3 smaller/agile middle forwards.

Cull the rest...they won't make it in this new game.

Last edited:
Watched live today. Forget the noise. We know our wingers need speed etc.Absolute given.
BUT

There is one huge issue that screamed at me.. Solve the DCE riddle or we are toast.
He needs Fainu or a fit healthy good 5/8 at a bare minimum.
His salary ain’t going away.And I hear the argument that he is paid enough so he has to deliver.But he’s here for the next three years as no one will cop that amount to recruit him and it HAS to be fixed. It’s so frustrating. Such a skilful player.
Fix that and add the youth as OP said and it’s blue sky. Don’t and it’s pretender status for the next five years.

Last edited:
Perhaps, constructive criticism is easier to consider when it doesn’t contain the incessant ST whining and bitchiness.

If you don’t think the teams performances deserve to be called exactly what they’ve been by the fans who don’t just ref blame or make excuses for our players/coaching/gameplay. That’s fine. I know which of those takes is more grounded in reality.

Only someone who isn’t watching would not be concerned about the whole way our entire club has performed this year.

Watched live today. Forget the noise. We know our wingers need speed etc.Absolute given.
BUT

There is one huge issue that screamed at me.. Solve the DCE riddle or we are toast.
He needs Fainu or a fit healthy good 5/8 at a bare minimum.
His salary ain’t going away.And I hear the argument that he is paid enough so he has to deliver.But he’s here for the next three years as no one will cop that amount to recruit him and it HAS to be fixed. It’s so frustrating. Such a skilful player.
Fix that and add the youth as OP said and it’s blue sky. Don’t and it’s pretender status for the next five years.
I think if Walters gets the Broncos job they could be interested in Dce....... if we sweeten the deal. Pay 200k of his contract or so. Leaves 1mil per year for younger better players.
Starling- hooker 300k?
Ado car or another quality back.....speed 400k
young up and coming half ( Flanagan, Sam walker, Young Lam from Roosters)300k

We have to start being a lot smarter with our salary cap. Unloading Dce is the first step and most important one.

I think if Walters gets the Broncos job they could be interested in Dce....... if we sweeten the deal. Pay 200k of his contract or so. Leaves 1mil per year for younger better players

We have to start being a lot smarter with our salary cap. Unloading Dce is the first step and most important one.
Moving DCE for 200k/year for 3 years? Sold!

Please no Ado Carr.

We need better depth in the outside backs, a better second rower, and for our spine to stay injury free.
Although outside back depth is a problem, the biggest problem there is that our first-string outside backs are not good enough for today's game.

I think we need 2 back rowers, 1 replacing Thommo and 1 replacing Jake, who needs to play prop in this new game.
Only a fool would bet we will have Tom for a majority of next season so we need some insurance in the form of another weapon.

I think if Walters gets the Broncos job they could be interested in Dce....... if we sweeten the deal. Pay 200k of his contract or so. Leaves 1mil per year for younger better players.
Starling- hooker 300k?
Ado car or another quality back.....speed 400k
young up and coming half ( Flanagan, Sam walker, Young Lam from Roosters)300k

Brisbane would then have DCE and Milford on a million each.
Seems legit.

And paying 900 for Bird to not play centre lol

Last edited:
I actually disagree that we need a full rebuild.

We need a tweak, a few key pieces in a few key areas.

Right now we are extremely low on confidence, badly out of form and have some glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed, but on a whole I think our roster is strong

Here's my keep and cull.

Keep

AFB
Fainu
Keppie
Sirro Maybe for experience
Guacamole
Paseka
Sipley
Schuster
Jake No choice
Sione Fainu
Saddler Maybe
DCE. No choice
Metcalf
Tom No choice
Hoppa
Funa Maybe...but I doubt it.
Burbo

Sure i missed 2 or 3 young guys in our squad.

Find a 9, 3 fast young backs and 3 smaller/agile middle forwards.

Cull the rest...they won't make it in this new game.
Saddler maybe? No Marty? Jake no choice?
Saddler & Marty definitely stay.....get rid of Jake! Offers nothing but penalties & dying with the ball constantly! Sorry mate but all this get rid of Marty (who along with AFB & Siro have been our best) has become a joke!

Our cap position a joke 3 to players on million plus Marty wage once injuries hit we have no depth to cover it’s a good roster but expecting no injuries is fantasy land.
We need to move someone on with big coin to get some depth into side, Marty obvious choice as Paseka looked good as starter the other option is Dce great player but his wage is a noose around club neck he not a match winner.
It’s not a rebuild it’s cap management I see which is needed. Estimating with the turbos, Dce, Walker, Marty and afb there around 4.5 million in cap space that is madness. Maybe Des moves on walker and Marty as we simply need to free up money to improve roster.

There is no doubt that there needs to be a total rethink about what the team needs.

For all season we have not once had our first choice spine in place and we put a bandaid over a gaping wound especially at hooker.

What is really evident at the moment is how easily we are out flanked and the embarrasing tries we concede on our edge and flanks right now. Defence is at attitude thing and right now this team has no sustainable resilience.

Ive been saying it for weeks that we need an injection of youth and its time to rest the passengers that we are carrying. The finals are out of reach so its time to do this. We cannot affor not to now!!!

Sheridan I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks.....we need youth & it hasn’t been forthcoming apart from Hoppa’s inclusion yesterday. Anyway too many in here think they’re experts on the clubs salary cap & that we have X amount tied up in certain players & these players should be moved on to accommodate other players. They think players like Burton, Johnston etc are gonna come here for cheap! The get rid of Marty campaign has become a joke. A year or so ago everyone was pi$$ed off at the Marty wants out rumours yet now want him gone coz they think he’s on 700,000 plus.....which I doubt he’s on but he’s worth every cent if so! He along with AFB have been our best, our go forward week in week out! For mine Jake is NOT worth the 900,000 he’s supposedly on. He offers nowhere near what Marty & AFB do & yet the ‘let’s get rid of Marty’ brigade want him to stay & stay he will but......Same with Walker...he apparently resigned for much less than what he was on yet let’s get rid of him. Yes we need to off load some players but if we let Marty & Walker go then next year will be another right off. We have youngsters who can step up in place of (hate to say it) Taufua, Gosiewski, Croker, Waddell, Levi, Thompson etc. We sign a couple of players in their place (primarily Matt Parcell) & with Hoppa, Schuster, Olakau’atu, Saddler, Titmuss, Fainu bros we have a pretty good squad for 2021 & beyond. The senior players & leaders in Marty, DCE, Siro, AFB, Tom, Jake, Walker are needed to nurture these youngsters, bring them along, reassure them during tough times. All of these guys have gone thru quite a bit & are the clubs heart & soul right now. Hasler plus a new assistant coach (not Cartwright) have the means & talent at their disposal to turn this around! We just have to be a little more patient & the coaching staff take some risks now with the young ones not next year!

Rebuild? I think a few changes to the backline and Fainu coming back into the fold is enough.

We need a bit more speed and strikepower out wide. Also not confident that Cust is the answer long term. It still feels like DCE has too much to do and it makes it easier for defences to target him. Im not completely against bringing Foran back on a cheap 2 year deal and developing Schuster to take over that role.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6