Hypothetical Re Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

would Hasler be welcomed back at Manly

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
lets say The rumours about Hasler not being liked at the Dogs are true and he is in a constant war with Greenburg
and he requests to leave or gets punted

would you have him back at Manly in some form ?

Not even a need for the poll. He should never have the privilege of wearing the colours and emblem ever again !

No that carrrnnt is dead to the manly club. The way he tried to tear the club apart 24 hours after what the players had worked tirelessly to achieve was unforgivable.
Rot in piss hasler

we have all done things that we regret doing and every one deserves a second chance . He can come back as 2V 's assistant :)

Sorry but the way he left the club means i would not have him back. Toovey is doing a cracking job and once he gets more experience i think he will be a better coach then Des anyway.

He's a life member (I think) but I don't see any reason to employ him in any capacity at all. He would have ample opportunity to show what he really feels for the club without us having to pay him.

He would have to earn the right to come back by doing more good then the bad he is percieved to have done. Then it would come done to 2V and the playing Squad. But if he really wants to help stay at the dogs and keep trex going for 80 each week.

Just for a different slant on this, and 1 for our older crew to answer

Bob Fulton left us for Easts, I'd guess money was the main factor. Was he welcomed back with open arms when he came back across to us ? I understand his circumstances would probably have been a bit different but just wondering what the attitudes were

As for Hasler, in Tooves we trust, if Toovey decided there was some sort of role he would be useful in I'd back him on that

Kiwi Eagle said:

Bob Fulton left us for Easts, I'd guess money was the main factor. Was he welcomed back with open arms when he came back across to us ? I understand his circumstances would probably have been a bit different but just wondering what the attitudes were

As for Hasler, in Tooves we trust, if Toovey decided there was some sort of role he would be useful in I'd back him on that

Like your thinking Kiwi

Cant imagine the current board endorsing a deal regardless. Depends on the capacity. Wouldnt want him as head coach again. He just gave Manly way too much bad publicity with how he handled the media and the like.

But in another capacity i wouldnt care. All we really know is that Des and the board didnt get along. Lots or trash talk about this and that but nothing ever eventuated or concrete proof . Nothing is ever one sided

I hate the dogs, not Des

It's not that he left, it's the way he left that's the issue. Don't think the players would be to thrilled to have him back either. It's a no thanks to the Dazzler. He can enjoy the culture he's built at the Scumdogs. Lol....

Nn, he had his time - thanks for the memories.

The 2V era has just begun so lets enjoy its unfolding :angel:

Both Bozo and the Son of Sam left as Players and came back to coach Premiership winning sides,

That is where the similarity ends.

Bozo always put Manly first and never took essenthal Staff, Players away. Especialy not wasted Manly time in sourcing funds when he had already signed elsewhere :mad:

Not sure he would come back - there were board issues contributing to his decision to move elsewhere (apart from the $) which have not been resolved

I would never say never - look at the difference SBW over time

Kiwi Eagle said:

Bob Fulton left as a player to play out his remaining years for a lot of money, he did not attempt to take any other Manly player with him.
Off course he was welcomed back, just like Brent Kite will be welcomed back.
Hasler should never be welcomed back, lets not forget that if his initial plan came off he would have had Foran at the scumdogs.

lsz said:
Not sure he would come back - there were board issues contributing to his decision to move elsewhere (apart from the $) which have not been resolved

I would never say never - look at the difference SBW over time

SBW didn't go back to the Scumdogs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8