Hypothetical: Manly vs Storm GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blake

Reserve Grader
Who do you think the NRL would want to win this game?
I'm not going to go into the long list of issues our club has had with Gallop and co, but did any of you see how the crowd treated Gallop when he gave them the MP Sheild?
I reckon that will stay in the minds of the top brass for a while. If Manly, as a club as well as the fans, put aside any issues and just focus on playing and winning good Footy I reckon it'll come in handy on GF day. So I reckon we should all bite our tongues, talk about football issues only, and hope that makes us the lesser of two evils.

What we say and do after we win is another scenario all together...

What doe you think the NRL will use as footage to spike interest in such a grand final?

I can see the ad now: It starts with a Warning: The following scenes may offend and over-excite mothers and little kiddies.....

Then we have Shane Rodney and Robbo each saying: "I'm leaving the NRL after this game, so I'm taking no prisoners!

It ends with the descriptor: No players were harmed in the making of this commercial.

They wouldn't be able to use the brawl footage as it would surely be deemed contrary conduct. If they used it it could only be shown late at night so as not to offend footy mums.

Seriously, Mark Geyer was spot on when he said that the first weekend of finals was flat as all players seemed too scared to show any form of aggression. This will be good for the Tigers, who thrive on touch footy/bruise-free footy.

Answer to the original question, definitely the scum would get the backing. Our games against them highlighted what most teams think of their grubby tactics. It was a chance for the refs/nrl to do something about it. Yesterday's game against drugcastle just showed that the powers that be have no interest in stopping the scum and their scummy tactics. Can you imagine what would have happened had all our fans booed gallop like that, we would have been slapped with a fine and would have made half a dozen pages of all the papers.

Yep, I noticed the hold ups and the third tackler coming in to the lower legs, and the deliberate turtling. Cronk's feet first to stop a try was not even penalized. Surely this was a deliberate foul? Nothing from those weak refs. No penalties. The commentators love fest with Slater and Smith continues. It's all a set-up.

MANLY V STORM would be the NRL's nightmare grandfinal.

I for one would love it. It would be a dream match for all promotors.

Manly/Melbourne played in the 2007/08 Grandfinal. Rd 25 brawl with 10 players charged. Glen stewart makes his return after the Rd 25 Brawl
Manly have not hidden from Gallop while gallop has thrown around his weight against the 2 clubs. The 2 supporters would join in to give it to the NRL and Gallop while it would be an awesome match and would see Brett Stewart galloping around the ground after the match.

Lets hope it's the game that we all want while the NRL would be praying night after night for this match not to happen.

Nothing hypothetical about it, but yeah ok i will go back now & read the posts on the thread :p

We just need to turn up & the players have to play for each other much like 2008 after the 07 campaign.. beating storm 3weeks ago means **** when its the GF , if we went off that crap we wouldnt have given ourselves no chance as they beat us in 08 season proper ..

I dont think Gallop would show if its us against the drizzle. Can you imagine 80000 booing the **** out of him. Even Gillard might get a better reception. It was bad enough when he tried to make a speech in Melbourne the other day. ****en muppet.

mickqld said:
I dont think Gallop would show if its us against the drizzle. Can you imagine 80000 booing the s**t out of him. Even Gillard might get a better reception. It was bad enough when he tried to make a speech in Melbourne the other day. ****en muppet.

He has to show dude ..This is what he is all about , the glory off the back of hard earned blood, sweat & tears.. & we are there..

Who gives a fuk who the Nrl wants to win the comp. When we win it we can stick it right up all the haters, especially Gallop the Gaylord.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6