How to submit News to Silvertails.net (Please Read)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Season 2008 was a massive year for Manly and equally for the site, however with the shift in platform for the site, a lot of the people that contributed to the site, no longer continued to contribute to the site, and thus the front page news and the rest of the site began to lag until the point where most content was centric to the forums only.

For the next month or so we will be trialling a new system, that allows you to submit news via email, in the hope that more people will then submit news to the frontpage.

Once the email is sent, I am informed and I then edit it to make it fit the site and publish it.

I want to trial this system for a little while and see if it is used, otherwise, it will mean a migration to another platform and fully integrated forums etc.

As part of this also, we will be trying to keep news articles out of the forums, and using a discuss bot instead to tie them into the forums for discussion.

So if you have a news article you want on the site, then please sent via email to [email protected]

So how to submit it

To: [email protected]
Subject: The title of the article
Body: The news article itself

Thats it, I will receive it and weave the back-end magic on it.

next year I am also on the look out for people to assist with content management if anyone is interesed

sure will do, but also bare in mind that because the season has finished it will be very hard to come across manly related news  especially after the World Cup

to adress all questions, I will handle the link and snippet in the forum with some scripting, as for it generating discussion, yes it does and I will be linking to the article, we need them on the front page so more people besides forum posters see them and als to increase the data shown to google and other seArch crawlers

if your looking for Manly news, I high recommend news.google.com.au

Search Manly Sea Eagles and sort by date. Very useful tool for those who didn't know.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4