How the mighty have fallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
The sinking of the Titanic
The fall of Goliath

Call it what you like. Something has gone really bad with this team.

I dunno, I'm scared. This team has problems and they are big ones.

NYEagle link said:
The sinking of the Titanic
The fall of Goliath

Call it what you like. Something has gone really bad with this team.

I dunno, I'm scared. This team has problems and they are big ones.

How quickly we forget that the Eagles were 0 and 2 last year

Yeah, but unlike last year this team has leaked 60 points in those 2 games.

I always look at defence when I consider the strength of a team.

I just think emotionally this team is very fragile due to the events surrounding the season launch. Sometimes just being on top of the world is a very fragile place. Now they have won it all - what now?.

Mentally, it is going to take a lot for them to stop the bleeding and get back into focus.

If the result of this match had have been 26-0, I could understand some of the negative comments.
1 goal kick was the difference in this match. A great improvement from being utterly smashed last week.

what i dont get.. is that its almost the same team that won in the WCC....

just goes to show how bad Super League is

we did lose our first two last year...but i did expect us to be a bit more ready this year...however, our backline is not setteled, too many changes, once we have our prime backs back, we should convert these chances

A few of our players aren't up to last years form, Kite/King/Heath/Gift are at about 50% of 2008, Bailey is too slow  bench player at best.

No Snake, Williams plus some real soft tries.....

Cuthbo, Lyon, Perry were our best by far.  Honourable mention to Bani.  On to next Monday niht, it was an improved effort but we have a long way to go

I agree wheelie, especially dissapointed with king so far...would like to see him dropped and rose have a run against the drug cheats on monday

If the scores had of been reversed and we'd of won by two most of us would have celebrating and contributing positive posts. It was a two point loss to the team that came third (i think) last year.
If you support your team when they win you also have to support them when they lose. Manly fans need to keep turning up in numbers. We have a good team and they will get it together.

niccipops link said:
If the scores had of been reversed and we'd of won by two most of us would have celebrating and contributing positive posts. It was a two point loss to the team that came third (i think) last year.
If you support your team when they win you also have to support them when they lose. Manly fans need to keep turning up in numbers. We have a good team and they will get it together.

Im confident nicii, my silver lining is that i can throw another grand on the market with the odds blowing out...

I still would not have been happy with a two point win, dessie know how to play the warriors and obviously either the instructuction hasnt been taken on board to its full extent, or in my opinion, our makeshift backline is the issue at the moment

niccipops link said:

I disagree I would have thought it was a lucky win at best given the first half

A lucky win is still a win. I think pschologically the team needs a win, whether it's by 1 or 40 points.

The Wheel link said:
A few of our players aren't up to last years form, Kite/King/Heath/Gift are at about 50% of 2008, Bailey is too slow  bench player at best.

No Snake, Williams plus some real soft tries.....

Cuthbo, Lyon, Perry were our best by far.  Honourable mention to Bani.  On to next Monday niht, it was an improved effort but we have a long way to go

Perry 41m, 7 hitups,  15 tackles, 0 missed, 0 1on1
King 83m, 12 hitups, 14 tackles, 0 missed, 3 1on1

looking at that post your as consistent as a referee or should i say 2 refs

We have a lot of improvement left, and still had enough to trouble them today, when playing average, and having players playing all over the show due to injuries

I for one won't be slashing the wrists just yet, but next week is now a must win

Kiwi Eagle link said:
We have a lot of improvement left, and still had enough to trouble them today, when playing average, and having players playing all over the show due to injuries

I for one won't be slashing the wrists just yet, but next week is now a must win
good you would cop some **** after that mate.

i think the came down to 2 big players by price
and some brillance by that little ****er stacey johns
what a freak
he should **** off and retire again
no one chip and chases anymore :p

We will come back from this. Yes the team hasnt played to the same standards as 2008 so far, but we will achieve those again once the team is stabilised and firing. More importantly the off field team particularly needs to take their heads out of their collective arses and start working together for the good of the club. This needs to happen NOW!!!!! Forget your own agendas, apologise to the fans for destabilising the club, and poisoning the atmosphere within both the club and the team,thus making the events surrounding the launch almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. A little bit of humility,maturity,selflessness and a sincere desire to put Manly first will get us back on top.  

United we stand or divided we will founder.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=179773.msg214556#msg214556 date=1237706328]

good you would cop some S**t after that mate.

i think the came down to 2 big players by price
and some brillance by that little F**ker stacey johns
what a freak
he should F**k off and retire again
no one chip and chases anymore :p
[/quote]

Started about 1min after the game mate, the phone was red hot. Then i flick on the PC and they are into me on FB. My only response can be about their lack of premierships at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4