• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately I was drinking a cup of coffee when........
Justin Hodges just said players don't play with the broncos for money it's an honour and a privilege to play for them.
The coffee went everywhere.
Serves me right for watching a show about queenslanders !!!

... can the Broncos offer Bird a $mill a year?!

They have half the Qld pack plus Boyd, Milf, Roberts and the rest.

Far out that'll do me
don't forget they have benji playing reserve grade lol. remember when they got Roberts they said it would improve there cap hahaha classic nrl it's a joke. The broncos won 7 with a cheating team similar to storm with the same set up. check out the thoroughbreds in relation to the nrl. business people paying the player under the table and buying them boats or there family members cars etc sound familiar. The storm simply copy there method lol

We were the biggest spenders for many years and the clubs and fans said the same about us

At the time I said fark you
If we were professional enough to be able to get ourselves cashed up so be it

We were the original Silvertails and now just have to find a way to compete and gain this TPA's for ourselves

I can't bag clubs who did what we did it When we had the corporate cash previously

It's here to stay

Easy , the Thoroughbreds!!

Cap= $200k
TPA=$800k

Hahaha that's fake news according to Phill Gould.

He did an AMA in twitter so I asked him his thoughts on the thoroughbreds and their TPA's. He said that I was 6 years behind the times and I was an anonymous troll from asking....then blocked me. Something tells me the Panthers have a similar setup and want to deflect the way he was so sensitive about it.

We were the biggest spenders for many years and the clubs and fans said the same about us

At the time I said fark you
If we were professional enough to be able to get ourselves cashed up so be it

We were the original Silvertails and now just have to find a way to compete and gain this TPA's for ourselves

I can't bag clubs who did what we did it When we had the corporate cash previously

It's here to stay
The difference between us then and them now is there was no salary cap to make a mockery of.

Was having a drink the other day with someone (wont mention the name for obvious reasons) who works out calcs for the Salary cap for the NRL.
As most of you guys know I reckon there should be a salary cap for the players paid from NRL plus a club cap on 3rd parties.
I argued that the NRL should consider what I was saying and was told flat that it would never work because we would loose half of all players in the NRL to Rugby union. It would appear that they know it's a rort but they can't do anything.
I want to be reincarnated to a NRL footballer! Get to play football, get drunk, take drugs, get hot chicks, get way overs in $'s than the rest of world!

The difference between us then and them now is there was no salary cap to make a mockery of.
Agree
Buts just it isn't it
The salary cap is a mockery and it comes down to cash availability
If we had the cash we would be up there with the best of them
The only reason we aren't is cause we have not got the cash

Agree
Buts just it isn't it
The salary cap is a mockery and it comes down to cash availability
If we had the cash we would be up there with the best of them
The only reason we aren't is cause we have not got the cash
We are the Neville Bartos of rugby league clubs.

Was having a drink the other day with someone (wont mention the name for obvious reasons) who works out calcs for the Salary cap for the NRL.
As most of you guys know I reckon there should be a salary cap for the players paid from NRL plus a club cap on 3rd parties.
I argued that the NRL should consider what I was saying and was told flat that it would never work because we would loose half of all players in the NRL to Rugby union. It would appear that they know it's a rort but they can't do anything.
I want to be reincarnated to a NRL footballer! Get to play football, get drunk, take drugs, get hot chicks, get way overs in $'s than the rest of world!

If that's really the case then the solution is simple. We have to be the best at rorting the cap. It's like when the dominant tackle rule came in and some teams got a wrestling or Ju-Jitsu coach in (ie Storm) to turtle players and get to lay on them for a bit to get their line sorted, prety soon every team had one of these coaches, some good some bad (ours were good). Those that exploited it the best were in the best position to win the comp. So I hope Cleary is looking at ways to get the most out of TPA's because if we know about this loophole then every club in the league will be into it, and the ones that exploit it the best are going to be the ones on top, and right now that aint us.

If that's really the case then the solution is simple. We have to be the best at rorting the cap. It's like when the dominant tackle rule came in and some teams got a wrestling or Ju-Jitsu coach in (ie Storm) to turtle players and get to lay on them for a bit to get their line sorted, prety soon every team had one of these coaches, some good some bad (ours were good). Those that exploited it the best were in the best position to win the comp. So I hope Cleary is looking at ways to get the most out of TPA's because if we know about this
loophole then every club in the league will be into it, and the ones that exploit it the best are going to be the ones on top, and right now that aint us.
No matter what we do we cant possibly compete with Brisbane when it comes to TPA, due to the monopoly they have up there.
Apart ffrom the Roosters who are supported by the big end of business, all other Sydney clubs struggle to compete for TPA

The comment that the nrl has a fear of losing players to union every time salary is mentioned, to me, shows how badly the game is run.

I know it was 'just a figure saying that we'd lose half the players' but I would have said to that guy....:
"Bull****.
1) Union does not have an endless supply of spaces to fill with league players.

2)Have you seen a union front row? No one in league is shaped that way. In fact Sam Burgess was a (failed) back when he went to play union for England. So that limits the number of league players that could be accommodated.

3)Not every player will travel to the ends of the earth to play union. Many times we here that players get homesick even playing in England!!

4)Not every player can be a 500k+ player.

5)Ever consider that some players actually like playing league...and will happily play it over union?"

It is highly disappointing that a man in such a high managerial position in the NRL is conceding that the playing field shall always be uneven whilst simultaneously claiming they are doing everything in their power to create and maintain a level playing field.

I've said it before but the nrl is such a tribally run agenda driven small sport...will or can it ever change?

We mention draft...the nrl remembers the successful case the Terry hill brought against it to stop it.

We mention salary cap...the nrl allow unimpeded third party payments and organisations such as the thoroughbreds to thrive and lack the power to question dubious loans. (EG: The Andrew Gee fiasco.)

We mention scheduling...the nrl are happy to accommodate their tv overlords with biased scheduling (eg Broncos) in the pursuit of ratings.

We ask for consistency of treatment... the nrl teams owned by big media companies still appear get preferential treatment.

We mention players association (or union)...the nrl laughs at the lack of interest showed by the players themselves.

You'll probably find that most of the Broncos players would be paid by the club the minimum amount the NRL values them at. The rest would be TPA's from the Thoroughbred's Club.

There is no salary cap on TPA's which gives Brisbane a big advantage.
But your response makes sense,no room for logical arguments here.I want to hear more"how do Broncos fit under cap"moronic comments

If that's really the case then the solution is simple. We have to be the best at rorting the cap. It's like when the dominant tackle rule came in and some teams got a wrestling or Ju-Jitsu coach in (ie Storm) to turtle players and get to lay on them for a bit to get their line sorted, prety soon every team had one of these coaches, some good some bad (ours were good). Those that exploited it the best were in the best position to win the comp. So I hope Cleary is looking at ways to get the most out of TPA's because if we know about this loophole then every club in the league will be into it, and the ones that exploit it the best are going to be the ones on top, and right now that aint us.
Who says Manly aren't or weren't during Des's days?Havent been caught yet,right?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6