How spoilt are we

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I just finished watching a doco by a guy called Julian shaw called the cup of dreams about new Zealand's obsession with the all blacks winning the world cup.

After 24 years it's definitely their holy grail it made me think how lucky we are to support manly.

I'm 35 and in my life time we have won 6 comps 4 of which I remember.

I then think about fans of souths, cronulla, norths (lol), parramatta and even the dragons before last year most of whom have never experienced their team winning a comp.

It shows just how resilient and special our club is that we can over come not only **** like super league and a failed joint venture but the internal argy bargy and still be a force.

No other club has one a premiership in each one of the last 5 decades.

Agreed. I'm the same age as you Cam, and would think that perhaps only Boncos supporters have had it better.

Storm have done well in their short time... But as they are outed cheats, well their premierships mean nothing.

KOMORI said:
Agreed. I'm the same age as you Cam, and would think that perhaps only Boncos supporters have had it better.

Storm have done well in their short time... But as they are outed cheats, well their premierships mean nothing.
Your right about Brisbane but their fans don't appreciate their success because they haven't had to endure the tough times other clubs have and like we had to go through from 96-2008

I agree with Cambo's post. Since the GF I have had the luxury (when quizzed by friends & colleagues about how excited I must be at Manly's win) of saying, 'well we do get a little blase about winning because it happens all the time, haha'.

On the (banned) topic of internal argy bargy, an alternate view (the popular view being that this has hindered our on-field prospects) is that the vibrant debating of issues and lack of yes-man mentality on the board might actually be helping us!? Who can argue with results? :)

Dragons last premiership was 79. Last year was St Merge's first premiership. St George Dragons are history and no longer exist.

AS fans we are not spoilt, we copped it the worst from Super Leauge, We suffered through a merge that was doomed to fail and survived only to be almost broke (read broke) we have battled along with an ever evolving private ownership ( all other private owned clubs enjoy much more stability) that worries alot of us every week but it is how we survive, we are targeted by everyother club to poach the players we develop. We are the most hated team probably in the history of Australian sport and yet we keep winning. We are not spoilt we deserve every victory that our team gets and thats why I love MANLY.

manlyfan76 said:
... all other private owned clubs enjoy much more stability ...

Privately owned (is this right?):
Brisbane, Souths, Manly, Melbourne, Newcastle, North Qld, Warriors, Titans, (& Illawarra has a minority private owner?)

Chip and Chase said:
Dragons last premiership was 79. Last year was St Merge's first premiership. St George Dragons are history and no longer exist.

Absolutely correct C&C. That is a fact that some people, the media and Dragons supporters find hard to remember.

I have followed the club since 1963 BUT really not into it before the early 70's in my late teenage years.

Since then we have ALWAYS had success, in the 70's, the 80's , the 90's and 3 GF apperances for 2 wins in the first decade of this century continues that situation.

I think it's bred into the culture of the club these days, and even with Des's departure the next in line will be no different.

Regardless of the "no one likes us" mentality, regardless of the media hacks who would love nothing better than to see us fall it comes down to this WE ARE MANLY!!

Well said Manlyfan76. Stuff all the others. We are the greatest and the best, and will always be. Amen.

Mark from Brisbane said:
3 GF apperances for 2 wins in the first decade of this century continues that situation.

Correction. Only 2 Grand Finals in the first decade of this century for 1 win. Plus 1 Grand Final in the second decade of this century also for 1 win.

I've been to 10 Manly grand finals for 5 wins 1 draw and 4 losses. What more could you ask for. I love this club and always will no matter who coaches or who runs it or who plays for it. This club has brought me so many highs and lows it has been an emotional rollercoaster and will always be into the future. What a wonderful ride. Why would anyone want to support any other soleless bland boring side.

Since Manly won it's first Premiership in 1972 it has been 40 years. Take away the 3 NE years and Manly average a Premiership win every 4.6 years which is quite remarkable. Not to mention they have never won a wooden spoon. I wonder what will come first..... Manly's first spoon or the Sharks first premiership. Let's hope neither ever happens.

manlyfan76 said:
AS fans we are not spoilt, we copped it the worst from Super Leauge, We suffered through a merge that was doomed to fail and survived only to be almost broke (read broke) we have battled along with an ever evolving private ownership ( all other private owned clubs enjoy much more stability) that worries alot of us every week but it is how we survive, we are targeted by everyother club to poach the players we develop. We are the most hated team probably in the history of Australian sport and yet we keep winning. We are not spoilt we deserve every victory that our team gets and thats why I love MANLY.

...and you are so very right!

SPOILT! Even paying for tickets for the GF - what, $190 plus a ticketed charge. I hear fans in the Baseball World Series pay $1000 for the cheap seats. Yep, we ARE spoilt ;^)

bones said:
... I wonder what will come first..... Manly's first spoon or the Sharks first premiership..
Neither will occur until after the first confirmed sighting of a unicorn fighting a battle to the death with the Loch Ness monster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6