How much has the infighting cost us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
I am going to answer my own question,
Des hasler- i have no doubt in not for joint owners he would still be in the coaching role a shame. Toovs has done a great job, but hasler is best in business.
Gifty- he may have stayed for less amount if he offered anything, this had a massive ripple effect.
Choc - off shoot of this a club legend played in dark days of northern eagles played here for a decade local junior. He dummy spit was appauling but.....he has been great forward.
Premierships- have no doubt we would have aleast another title.
Coporate- who wants to support a club with owners that do not get along.

winnyason said:
Des hasler- i have no doubt in not for joint owners he would still be in the coaching role a shame. Toovs has done a great job, but hasler is best in business.
Gifty- he may have stayed for less amount if he offered anything, this had a massive ripple effect.
Choc - off shoot of this a club legend played in dark days of northern eagles played here for a decade local junior. He dummy spit was appauling but.....he has been great forward.

Well it's good that everything is now sorted then hey.

On what I heard had coach Ha$ler stayed we "may" (had we been found out) have had a Melbourne Storm like deduction in points / Premierships within a very short period of time, its why so many have gone since we won in 2011.

There apparently was little to no thought for the financial implications, and certainly the previous CEO (Graham Lowe) had zero control over what Ha$ler did, so my understanding was it was a total mess.

The infighting may have cost us a coach but saved our arses from a worse fate.

I didn't want to raise "old wounds" considering I am currently not everyone's favourite poster on here at present, but you need to blame Winny for raising the topic!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
On what I heard had coach Ha$ler stayed we "may" (had we been found out) have had a Melbourne Storm like deduction in points / Premierships within a very short period of time, its why so many have gone since we won in 2011.

There apparently was little to no thought for the financial implications, and certainly the previous CEO (Graham Lowe) had zero control over what Ha$ler did, so my understanding was it was a total mess.

I didn't want to raise "old wounds" considering I am currently not everyone's favourite poster on here at present, but you need to blame Winny for raising the topic!!

G'day all,I'm with you Mark.Agree with all you've said.
cheers mike

Mark from Brisbane said:

Um if the fc and quant previously held the overall power then who would be accountable? Oh that's right we can just blame des for all the ills in the world

Sorry more to add - how can the board say the CEO , which they place, can not have any power

Massive cop out , and to be honest, the storm based stuff, sounds as legit as the penn family wanting to move the club

Fair enough you don't believe the side of the story I heard, despite me hearing it from the mouths of some board members .

I'll just agree to differ!!

lsz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Um if the fc and quant previously held the overall power then who would be accountable? Oh that's right we can just blame des for all the ills in the world

Sorry more to add - how can the board say the CEO , which they place, can not have any power

Massive cop out , and to be honest, the storm based stuff, sounds as legit as the penn family wanting to move the club

I have no problem with the Penn family who are paying the bills getting the men they want. I just hope Tooves isn't a casualty after all he has done for the club. If perry go's fine but Tooves deserves better.

winnyason said:

So we lost a dictator, two players on the wrong side of their best, someone other than Kaspersky, and Shane Heyne? Right?

I raised it because it is a valid point, i am far from a hasler lover. I would hope the prick has everything bad comes his way.
But the leadership had caused well...a ****fight. Toovs is my alltime fav manly player a legend broken eye socket, playing above his weight. Superb hooker at rep level, forgotten in mix of joey johns era. Great leader as player and now coach.
I am just sick of bull**** with the owners, the only way it will stop is get totally new owners.
Now zorba has got his way god help us all, penn means well but honestly i hate reading papers now then again i think manly rumours sell them.
I am being honest yes we would have won another but yes agree he may have run us into more cap issues.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6