The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully all season would be the honest answer. His on-field experience and leadership can do nothing but help the younger players in the team.

So this is what we're reduced to? Almost taking bets on how long one of our players will last before injury sets in?

We should start a book on Tom as well I think he’ll last even less than Foran.

My gut tells me Des brought him here to play at 6, that hooker/utility stuff was just a Des smokescreen.

I am 100% certain that's where Foran wants to play, he's not a hooker.

That's part of the reason I didn't want Foran because we have halves and backup halves already but no recognised hooker, well none that are allowed to play anyway. I reckon that money could've been better put to that position, but what do I know.

I'm with you on this. No way did Des bring Foran back to Manly to play him in a position he has never played other than the usual someone has to get to dummy half in a game so the ball can be passed. Des brought Foran back to be the 5/8.

I honestly think that people believing Schuster will be our starting pivot from Round 1 are forgetting that the kid has less than one first grade game under his belt, while Foran is a 212 game veteran of the NRL who has won premierships, played in multiple Grand Finals and has played 21 tests for NZ, all as either a 5/8 or halfback. If I was the coach, provided he was fit then Foran would be first choice #6 and a mentor for someone like Shoe, who won't just be cast aside, he will get his chance.

I'm with you on this. No way did Des bring Foran back to Manly to play him in a position he has never played other than the usual someone has to get to dummy half in a game so the ball can be passed. Des brought Foran back to be the 5/8.

I honestly think that people believing Schuster will be our starting pivot from Round 1 are forgetting that the kid has less than one first grade game under his belt, while Foran is a 212 game veteran of the NRL who has won premierships, played in multiple Grand Finals and has played 21 tests for NZ, all as either a 5/8 or halfback. If I was the coach, provided he was fit then Foran would be first choice #6 and a mentor for someone like Shoe, who won't just be cast aside, he will get his chance.
Yeah but this does create an issue with Schuster who surely wants to get his first grade career underway, I hope he gets his chance to take the field early next year.

Also I hope Foran does act as a mentor to him, but at the same time Foran realises this is the main competition for him having a job next year so it's in his best interest that Shue doesn't out perform him, this year at least. Does he want to help the team or himself? Recent history has shown he's on team Foz.

Yeah but this does create an issue with Schuster who surely wants to get his first grade career underway, I hope he gets his chance to take the field early next year.

Also I hope Foran does act as a mentor to him, but at the same time Foran realises this is the main competition for him having a job next year so it's in his best interest that Shue doesn't out perform him, this year at least. Does he want to help the team or himself? Recent history has shown he's on team Foz.

Time will tell mate. Time will tell. Right now all we can do is hope for the best either way.

Oh dear... ye have no faith people.... in saying that id say he will play the 1st 4 games then get injured and come back round 15 and finish the year. Guiding young Schuster to GF glory and holding the trophy with his 1 good arm

Hopefully Schuster will learn from the Hoppa debacle. How about getting some runs on the board before demanding top dollar and a starting spot. I'm confident we will keep Schuster long term and he seems like he will be loyal to us in return

Just one thing to remember. Des knows what Foran is capable of. It was Des who brought him into first grade. It was Des who coached him to a premiership win and all but one of his Grand Final appearances (not 2013). It was under Des that Foran became one of the Kiwis first choice halves.

Des knows exactly what Foran brings to the table as a 5/8. And at this late stage in his career, I seriously doubt there is any real thought that he'll play a rookie in front of him at pivot and move Foran to hooker or even play him off the bench.

My gut tells me Des brought him here to play at 6, that hooker/utility stuff was just a Des smokescreen.

I am 100% certain that's where Foran wants to play, he's not a hooker.

That's part of the reason I didn't want Foran because we have halves and backup halves already but no recognised hooker, well none that are allowed to play anyway. I reckon that money could've been better put to that position, but what do I know.
I heard that Des recruited him for the bench.

not the reserve bench..... the physio bench - he wants the work experience physio boys to get world class experience!

just sayin

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
He will be in and out of the team all season due to injuries, as long as he plays 50% plus of games it should be enough of his never give up or die attitude to rub off onto the rest of the team which is what is lacking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7