How good was Kingy's tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kingyfan

Reserve Grader
on that front row imposter Nick Kenny.  Absoulutely smashed him and drove him into the turf.  Best tackle of the year by far and saved our game and probably our year. Inspirational stuff Kingy.   

How bad was orford today though.  Not one decent kick all game.  Lyon made you look good last year so off to the Uk you go next year.

Bani to Queensland cup next week and put young hoppa on the wing.  At least Hoppa can tackle.  Hargraves has to be on the bench as well until Georgie loses another 6 kilos.

Jeez thats a bit harsh to give King a wrap but nothing for the Ox. Ox didn't have the best kicking game today but he did stand up with his defensive & passing work. Losing him to the UK would be one of the worst outcomes of the contract negotiations for the Sea Eagles, lets hope common sense prevails.

JWH had a good game & hopefully we see him get into the team a bit more, with some experience under his belt he'll be better than King & Rose IMO.

Hoppa Jr. is far to young to be thrown into 1st grade yet, let him get more than 2 games in row with him before the idea of putting him in 1st grade is even toyed around with.

Boys didn't have the best day but they dug deep & pulled out a gutsy win. Lots of room for improvement though.

6 missed tackles for Orford.. he did okay but i wouldnt say he was good in defence.. not for 500k anyway.

Kingy went well and made some good hits,orfords kicking game was poor but although he missed 6 tackles he  made afew crucial ones too. :p :p

Even though he missed a few i think Ox tackled pretty well, no doubt to cover for Watmough.
Good tackles in that game, good viewing

KaZa link said:
6 missed tackles for Orford.. he did okay but i wouldnt say he was good in defence.. not for 500k anyway.

11 according to nrl.com

Orford's Rd 9 Game Stats:

23 Tackles
11 Missed Tackles
2 Ineffective Tackles
3 One-on-one Tackles
2 Tackle Breaks
1 Offload
1 Try Assist
5 Runs/20m
10 Kicks/306m
1 Error

eggson link said:
Even though he missed a few i think Ox tackled pretty well, no doubt to cover for Watmough.
Good tackles in that game, good viewing

Although Choc may miss a few tackles, he normally makes up for it in other areas of his game.

Watmough's Rd 9 Game Stats:

26 Tackles
3 Missed Tackles
3 Ineffective Tackles
1 One-on-one Tackles
8 Tackle Breaks
4 Offloads
20 Runs/152m
2 Dummy Half Runs
13 Hit Ups
1 Error

Lets not allow the King hit on Kenny to distract us away from the paltry 39 metres he made. The least of any of the forwards.

Nice try though kingyfan  ;)

KaZa link said:

Fair point mate.

Something that still stands though is the equation of "Rose > King"

Big George for 1st grade!  ;D

23 tackles is pretty big for a halfback, the thing I like most about his tackles are the kick chase ones where he leads the line and makes the hit.

King has been tough in defence all season, has put on some great shots

Rose doesn't have to lose any weight, he played perfectly fine as he was, and the bit extra makes him harder to stop. In fact, there were times today where I mistook King and Rose from afar

Jatz Crackers link said:
Lets not allow the King hit on Kenny to distract us away from the paltry 39 metres he made. The least of any of the forwards.

39 metres WTF

I reckon 20 of those were walking from half way to sheds with the ball in hand at half time

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=180345.msg222225#msg222225 date=1242010006]

39 metres WTF

I reckon 20 of those were walking from half way to sheds with the ball in hand at half time
[/quote]

King's Rd 9 Game Stats:

22 Tackles
1 Missed Tackles
1 Ineffective Tackles
1 Tackle Breaks
6 Runs/39m
5 Hit Ups

How long was he on the field for?

Cletus link said:
I don't know how much longer King can keep Rose out, he was outstanding yesterday.

Big George's Rd 9 Game Stats:

20 Tackles
1 Missed Tackle
3 Tackle Breaks
1 Penalty Against
1 One-on-one Tackle
11 Runs/98m
10 Hit Ups
1 Error

He definitely did more runs & made more metres. He also did double the amount of hit ups & tripled his tackle breaks.

George also bends the line a lot more than Kingy. Still, I didn't think King was bad, he had a good game. I think Cuthbo will be the one that would drop off for Rose anyway.

I just watched the replay and those stats are wrong. King had at least 8 runs (I missed the first five minutes) so he's been robbed of a few meters!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8