How good is brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When he has a good year we win comps (or go very close). Not much more needs to be said. The space he gives Killer and Skivvy on the edges is invaluable. I didn't see enough of Wombat to make a call on him, but he's the best fullback we've had for a long time!

Apart from his speed, awareness and generally awesome passing game, you mean? One of the best I've ever seen, who's done freakish things on a footy field that I've never seen ANYBODY else do. He could probably work on his kicking game a little (field goals tend to come in handy) but that's just nitpicking.

To get myself through the off season and the frustrations of season 2014, I've been watching recordings of Manly victories from 2008 onwards. The verdict is in - Snake scores, creates and saves more tries than any Sea Eagle fullback I've seen, and that includes the legendary Wombat. They're both legends but Snake is a freakish legend.

Look the boy can play a bit but don't get too carried away.

He will never be remembered in the same light as the great GI, Billy or The Hayne Plane. Only us Manly fans and few other good judges know he is actually better than these show ponies.

3 years ago I would not have a bar of talk that Brett was as good as the great Wombat Eadie, these days I cant separate them.

I have been blessed to see the two greatest ever Manly fullbacks, and agree with Bob, bloody hard to split them.

Wombat did however command the number 1 position for Australia, something ( due to those already mentioned above) Snake has been unable to do, so by a whisker Wombat.

He is the best I've seen. I'm glad David Perry is gone, because had he stayed then I believe Brett wouldn't have, and we would have ended up with Ben Barba.

Can't go past the Wombat. He had most things covered except speed compared to Snake. Wombat by a whisker.

mickqld said:
Can't go past the Wombat. He had most things covered except speed compared to Snake. Wombat by a whisker.

And two extra premierships, as much as I admire Brett I am biased as the Bat is my all time favourite player

Never seen wombat but old man tells me as good as bozo. Snake is very unlucky injuries at wrong time. Imo is better than slater, he never got good go at rep jumpers.
Pulling out of both world cup did not help his cause.

The best I've seen and my favourite all time sea eagle. Footy IQ - only second to Joey. Reads the game better than any other fullback in the game. What is he up to on his try scoring tally? 145? Remember guys, he was on 98 in 2009. If it wasn't for injuries he would be close to 170-80 by now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8