Home Ground going forward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Future Home Ground

• Brookvale

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • Pittwater Park aka Rat Park

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Allianz Stadium

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Gosford

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Where does everyone see us playing majority, if not all of our home games in the next 5 years? Which is your preference?

I can see Brookie becoming difficult to use in 5 years, even if it is upgraded as there will most likely apartments going in around the Brookvale area, making parking more and more scarce.

I see Rat Park as the most viable option. Plenty of room out there for a moderate sized stadium with 25k capacity, plus a multi story car park. Possibly even room for a Leagues Club.

The big factor is that for us not to move to the SFS, is that we need to attract other sporting teams to our home ground. Rat Park could do that, attracting the Waratahs and Sydney FC to play a game each there a year. Plus have Warringah Rats and the Marlins to bring a few games there.

The worst thing that could happen is the team is forced to move away from the Northern Beaches. Let's be honest, Brookvale the way it is at the moment is a s**thole. It either needs massive refurbishment which I doubt will happen or we need a new home ground and it's got to be in the area, that's vital. I've got zero expectations of the NRL doing anything beneficial for our future. If we've got to leave Brookvale it'll be a sad day but we've got to make sure Manly stays on the beaches. If the team leaves the peninsula the team will die.

My heart says Brookvale and if the ground is re-developed it will mean that Manly retain an imposing home advantage. My head says that we wont be able to sustain playing 10 games a season there long term and the NRL are going to demand more and more that the Sydney clubs play in the big ticket stadia. I predict within 5 years time we will be playing 6 games at Brookvale and 6 at the new SFS as it would give us some home games at Brookvale and allow us to cash in on the big Sydney derbies.

Ratty with NO multi story car park. Instead an increased single level park and ride on Pittwater Rd with playing fields remaining out the back albeit reduced in size. That way you maintain greenspace, put a buffer between the ground and homes and don't impede on the area. Plenty of roads in, easy for buses to get there, room to build, Pirates Put Put sees a boost in revenue so we support local business and it's closer to my place. Also can be used by the Rats and Mariners. And the council is more amicable. And it's closer to my place. Keep a Jane Try stand, Beaver Hill, Arko Stand, maybe a Zorba toilet.

Ratty with NO multi story car park. Instead an increased single level park and ride on Pittwater Rd with playing fields remaining out the back albeit reduced in size. That way you maintain greenspace, put a buffer between the ground and homes and don't impede on the area. Plenty of roads in, easy for buses to get there, room to build, Pirates Put Put sees a boost in revenue so we support local business and it's closer to my place. Also can be used by the Rats and Mariners. And the council is more amicable. And it's closer to my place. Keep a Jane Try stand, Beaver Hill, Arko Stand, maybe a Zorba toilet.
Wish I'd never got rid of my joint in Narrabeen Park Parade.

Wish I'd never got rid of my joint in Narrabeen Park Parade.
It's okay, my folks still have theirs on Peal place, we can all roll out our rugs on the roof,! better view than ANZ!

If it wasn't Brookvale I would have to say Gosford, better atmosphere than the rest, let's face it Narrabeen will never happen..
It's moving along too fast. White collar non NRL type pushing out the common folk. Pretty much the same for the rest of the peninsula .

Here

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
As much as I hate to say it.....unless Brookie gets much needed upgrades or a complete re-build then I can see us playing out of the SFS within - years.

Don't forget in 1947 it was Manly Council refusing Sea Eagles use of Manly Oval when Warringah Council stepped up & offered the new club a home. Isn't that why Warringah is in the club's name? Warringah Council like it or not is a big part of the Sea Eagles story & the council should remember that in its decision making.

Cashing in on 6 games would mean a 15K crowd at SFS comprising 5K Manly fans and 10K Roosters fans (etc) and a loss of home ground advantage (lose a few more games due to that).

Less success, no longer at the spiritual home = less fans & less members seats sold = less income = no change in the bottom line but less fans to improve things.

We will be dead within 10 years of moving.

I can't see how we can be a Northern Beaches club if we are not based in the Northern Beaches.

Surely this Brooky crap can be eventually sorted.

Seriously though, and slightly off topic...I don't see what is SOO bad about Brooky that makes all these Eastern-suburbs types and journos bag it out - it hasn't changed (much) in the thirty years I've known it...it was perfectly fine in the 1980's...so what the **** is the problem now?? Do we all have much higher expectations? Personally, I turn up a half hour before the main game (I have small kids, two games is pushing it), buy a couple of beers and a pie, bag a spot on the hill. OK, at some point I have to duck over to a small and crappy amenities block to get rid of the beers I've drunk, and yes I step on several hundred people on the way there, then forget where I'm sitting on the way back...but apart from that I get to see a cracking game of football fairly close up, on a green hill surrounded by people from God's Country who are all shouting for the greatest team on Earth...what's not to like?

As I said, I realise this is slightly off-topic, but just adds weight to the argument about why we should move or redevelop. And frankly, if we ARE developing...surely Max Delmege is the man to speak to about that?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4