Holden cup finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure that the games will be played prior to the first grade at the 4 venues.

We should know by lunchtime

But i have found this
Qualifying Final: Friday, September 11, 7.55pm, Allianz Stadium

NRL: (1) Sydney Roosters v (4) Melbourne Storm
Holden Cup: (6) Sydney Roosters v (7) NZ Warriors, 5.15pm

Qualifying Final: Saturday, September 12, 7.55pm, Suncorp Stadium

NRL: (2) Brisbane Broncos v (3) North Qld Cowboys
Holden Cup: (2) Nth Qld Cowboys v (3) Brisbane Broncos, 5.15pm

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Now I know the game is on Foxtel many of you will just sit and watch it at your homes or the local club but the boys need our support.

I will be heading out on Saturday to support the boys at ANZ and I hope a few more manly supporters join me.

I just had a look and noticed that our NYC team finished 4th.

Thought it was a real eye opener that the best attacking team in the competition (the Rooters) scored 591 points. The best attacking team in the Holden Cup.....(Nth Qld) scored 923 ! Clearly defence is not a priority. Highlights the chasm between the competitions.

In fact, the top 9 NYC teams have better attack than the Rorters. Well statistically anyway.......;)

I just had a look and noticed that our NYC team finished 4th.

Thought it was a real eye opener that the best attacking team in the competition (the Rooters) scored 591 points. The best attacking team in the Holden Cup.....(Nth Qld) scored 923 ! Clearly defence is not a priority. Highlights the chasm between the competitions.

In fact, the top 9 NYC teams have better attack than the Rorters. Well statistically anyway.......;)
That's why I love watching the NYC play. No structure, just raw talent and lots of tries :clap:
Hope the kiddies go all the way and I will get to use my GF ticket:)

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach David Heath has named his team to play Penrith Panthers in week one of the Holden Cup finals.

The match will be played at ANZ Stadium on Saturday from 3.10pm and will be shown live on Fox Sports.

The Panthers finished the regular season as minor premiers on 44 competition points with the Sea Eagles in fourth place on 33 points.

In changes to the team that crushed Cronulla last Sunday, Tom Trbojevic returns at full-back after playing in the NRL win over the Sharks. With Trbojevic back, Nicho Hynes returns to half-back.

Hooker and goal-kicker Hugh Pratt returns to the team after playing in the NSW Cup elimination finals loss last Saturday.

Riley Travers, who played half-back in the win over Cronulla, returns to the interchange bench.

The Panthers beat the Sea Eagles 36-16 at Pepper Stadium in round six and 42-16 at St Marys Stadium in round 10 when the match was transferred from Brookvale Oval.

Sea Eagles team

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Jesse Bogle

3. Addison Demetriou

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Mitch Thomas

6. Will Pearsall (C)

7. Nicho Hynes

8. Liam Knight

9. Hugh Pratt

10. Nick Lynn

11. James Parker

12. Billy Bainbridge

13. Darcy Cox

Interchange

14. Riley Travers

15. Luke Garner

16. Dallas Koen

17. Jyi Seymour

This team needs to be congratulated and supported come Saturday!!

I hope many of you don't do the lazy thing and just stay home and watch the match on Fox. Join me out at ANZ stadium this Saturday afternoon!!

The boys need all the support they can get!!

Manly still alive in 2015!!

They are in with a real shot, they finished fourth in the reg season but are peaking at the right time of year.
Its worth the travel on Sat just to see Tom Turbo and Demetriou - and a Manly victory.

Caption: Holden Cup Coach David Heath at Sea Eagles training.

The scoreline indicated a huge thumping but it wasn’t the point scoring ability that impressed Manly Warringah Holden Cup Coach David Heath last Sunday.

Having secured fourth place and playing a lowly placed opposition, the Sea Eagles crushed Cronulla Sharks 52-6 at Remondis Stadium. It was such a dominant performance the Sharks only scored their points in the final minute.

“I was pleased with our mental application. We spoke about it a few weeks ago about taking each game as it is and that’s how we are doing it this week,’’ Heath said, ahead of Saturday’s first qualifying final against Penrith Panthers at ANZ Stadium.

“We are treating it as it is our only semi-final chance and that’s what we want. We are not thinking there is a second chance. It means you go in with a red hot go attitude.”

The winner will earn a week off and advance to the preliminary final. The loser will face a sudden-death clash the following weekend.

The Sea Eagles face much stiffer opposition in the Panthers – a team they lost both games too in the regular season.

The Panthers claimed the minor premiership following a shock loss by the North Queensland Cowboys, who finished second with Brisbane in third place.

“Both of us are in form. Penrith have been super consistent. It is the same with the Cowboys and the Broncos, they have been the most consistent teams. But the 20s is not always about that, the most consistent,’’ Heath explained.

“Penrith are a very physical team who rely on their go forward from their big men, in particular props Oliver Clark and Moses Leota.

“They have a good young half (in) Nathan Cleary, full-back Brent Naden, and their lock forward Tyrone May, who is very skilful too with the ball, so they have a couple of attacking weapons.

“They play tough, they want to get at you, and their aggressive in defence.

“You are not minor premiers if you are not good on both sides. There are certain areas we want to target and we need to make sure we do them well.”

Kick-off is 3.10pm and the game will be shown live on Fox Sports. The match will be played prior to the Bulldogs-Dragons NRL clash.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4