Hodges gets away with it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I note that the NRL judiciary have outdone themselves in rank hypocrisy and incompetence.

In April 2014 a Newcastle Knights player if you remember named Alex McKinnon was dumped on his head and subsequently suffered a broken neck which has left him with permanent damage and in a wheel chair. The NRL in its wisdom did a campaign to support the boy during this horrible and life changing ordeal.

Well tonight it is now ok for a player to be allowed to dump a player on his head and not be sanctioned. The decision to allows Justin Hodges to play is short sighted and sets a very dangerous precedent.

It also exposes that players like Aiden Guerra are indeed coached to milk penalties by putting themselves into dangerous positions, something that Greg Ingis has regulary been accused of as well.

I understand that this is a grand final and only last season Isaac Luke was rubbed out for a similar tackle. I fine it appalling that the NRL who are the body to protect players have now allowed a tackle like this to go unpunished.

It also exposes who has the power in our game. It also shows up the inconsistency of the judiciary process and how it has failed the fans and members of the NRL.

Only four weeks ago a player was banned for 2 weeks for throwing a water bottle. We saw a spate of so called shoulder charge offences dealt with harshly after a player was allowed to get away with the biggest should charge seen this season.

It is another reason why people are turning away from the game.

The donkeys might well win the grand final this Sunday but this decision has given them a boost they do not deserve!

Last edited:
Nothing in it......do you think Guerra would have spoken up if Hodges was a NSW player or not a mate of his? He'd be off trying to get over his hangover from Mad Monday, but because its one of his Qld mates he comes out and says he milked a penalty.

Since Guerra has 'admitted' to jumping to milk a penalty, shouldn't he then be hit with a Grade 1 Contrary Conduct charge?

And I have to agree with sheridanstand78. These tackles have to be stamped out or we'll have more Alex McKinnon's.

I think the judiciary realized it's 'not his go' and 'common sense prevailed' and blah blah blah.

I will preface my comments by saying I hate Hodges, I think he is an absolute cat. So I'd certainly be happy to see him put out of the GF. However what gives me the absolute irits is that the same people who mocked us (Jamie Lyon) alleging that the great GI used to contribute to this kind of tackling, have now firmly come out stating that Guerra has done just that.

Nothing in it......do you think Guerra would have spoken up if Hodges was a NSW player or not a mate of his? He'd be off trying to get over his hangover from Mad Monday, but because its one of his Qld mates he comes out and says he milked a penalty.
].

Bang on. Let's imagine if this had've been David Klemmer doing this to Justin Hodges....Corey Parker. Would it then be 'not his go?'. There would have been an uproar.

Imagine Steve Matai did this? He'd be preparing for 2016 mad Monday already if that was the case.

I note that the NRL judiciary have outdone themselves in rank hypocrisy and incompetence.

In April 2014 a Newcastle Knights player if you remember named Alex McKinnon was dumped on his head and subsequently suffered a broken neck which has left him with permanent damage and in a wheel chair. The NRL in its wisdom did a campaign to support the boy during this horrible and life changing ordeal.

Well tonight it is now ok for a player to be allowed to dump a player on his head and not be sanctioned. The decision to allows Justin Hodges to play is short sighted and sets a very dangerous precedent.

It also exposes that players like Aiden Guerra are indeed coached to milk penalties by putting themselves into dangerous positions, something that Greg Ingis has regulary been accused of as well.

I understand that this is a grand final and only last season Isaac Luke was rubbed out for a similar tackle. I fine it appalling that the NRL who are the body to protect players have now allowed a tackle like this to go unpunished.

It also exposes who has the power in our game. It also shows up the inconsistency of the judiciary process and how it has failed the fans and members of the NRL.

Only four weeks ago a player was banned for 2 weeks for throwing a water bottle. We saw a spate of so called shoulder charge offences dealt with harshly after a player was allowed to get away with the biggest should charge seen this season.

It is another reason why people are turning away from the game.

The donkeys might well win the grand final this Sunday but this decision has given them a boost they do not deserve!
I don't feel Hodges is to blame if Guerra took a dive , just as Inglis has in the past on several occasions. Josh Reynolds also did this two years ago against us and it cost us the match.

the best thing to do is just watch Manly in the 20's ... dunno if I can listen to the tripe this year for the rest of it. the violins would have been out if he'd missed the grand final.. King of Wally, Lockyer , Lawks a Lordy Gordy and the other bell.. I mean legends would've cried us a river.

I just can't wait to hear what Kenny Sutcliff thinks of it all.. be it bike GP's, golf, tennis, Rugby World Cup or just wanting to sink a few with regular guys.., Kenny is the guy .. onya Kenny.

Last edited:
].

Bang on. Let's imagine if this had've been David Klemmer doing this to Justin Hodges....Corey Parker. Would it then be 'not his go?'. There would have been an uproar.

Imagine Steve Matai did this? He'd be preparing for 2016 mad Monday already if that was the case.

Consistency is what we want. How does Willie Mason get 2 weeks for standing there? Ok if they are going to say 'yeh but he didn't miss a GF over it', then fine, change the rules. Make it transparent so that say if you get a Grade 1 you don't miss a GF or Origin or whatever. But at the moment it's just a lottery.

The fact is that regardless if Guerra jumped or not, Hodges had lifted his leg in the tackle.

The "lets keep Qld happy" week has begun.......
You see plenty of players lifting legs and is just when the tackled player dives it looks so dramatic.

Judiciary is a dead set joke. Willie Mason got 2 weeks for that bump on Burgess and this warrants no charge at all????? it wasn't down graded it was thrown out. Guerra should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. and he should have been warned that this would be the outcome if he admitted to risking quadriplegia for a penalty. Hodges lifted his leg all be it a soft one it was still dangerous. There is no consistency and it is another example of rome burning whilst Greenberg fiddles with himself. It is not anyone at NRL headquarters fault other than Greenberg his tenure at League HQ has been so poor. He really should get the boot but i suspect Dave Smith is keeping him in that position so that he doesn't white ant Smith if he sacks him. Greenberg is scum and a blight on our game like Rupert Murdoch.

Hate Hodges but think the right decision was made.
History shows the judiciary go easy on certain crimes this time of year. And I'm glad they do. We have benefited from it in the past and may again in the future.

They should just apply 50% discounts to minor charges during finals time. Make it black and white. Would prevent situations like this where players risk missing important games for grade 1 careless charges because of carry over points. Less foil hats too.
No discount for serious charges though.

Hate Hodges but think the right decision was made.
History shows the judiciary go easy on certain crimes this time of year. And I'm glad they do. We have benefited from it in the past and may again in the future.

They should just apply 50% discounts to minor charges during finals time. Make it black and white. Would prevent situations like this where players risk missing important games for grade 1 careless charges because of carry over points. Less foil hats too.
No discount for serious charges though.

You may be right, however the problem is the system. Burgess got 2 finals games for throwing a water bottle, Willie Mason got 2 weeks for a bump on George Burgess. Isaac Luke missed a GF for a lesser offence. All anyone wants is consistency and when they make it up because every QLD says "I hope common sense prevails" then wheel in a QLD has-been Chris Mckenna as the judge the whole thing is just such a load of garbage. Every game is important, If we had Mason in those 2 games maybe we would have made the 8, maybe not but they are in dire need of consistency

NRL is full of double standards.....!! Guerra or Hodges or actually even both of them should be held accountable for this crap. It is a stupid way to try and milk a penalty anyway from Guerra, what if something went wrong? Is it really worth it??

Anyway this **** just infuriates me further with these incompetent idiots running the game.

Inglis did the same thing and we get punished for it. Twatmough was suspended and could not play in a finals match..........he may or may not have made a difference to whether we won that match or not because the refs royally stuffed that for us but hey we will never know. But I do know the NRL is a dead set joke and that consistency in decision making is non existent but favouritism and idiocy is.....! :mad:

Last edited:
I'm OK with the decision. Nothing in it really.
2de3fa8b-b585-4fec-b456-f498aa0f3bdb.jpg

What about Isaac Luke missing the GF for a similar charge but the player he lifted never actually hit his head?:cool:

upload_2015-9-30_5-17-8.png

Guerra admitting to diving is high irony indeed. Robinson was adamant his Players would never dive. This was after the Glenn Stewart dive to get a penalty in the Rabbids v Rorters game.:wondering:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ng-craig-bellamy/story-fnca0von-1227331004051
Two weeks ago, Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson called diving “abhorrent” and wanted it struck from the game. He claimed he didn’t coach it, but if it continued he might have to start. Trent Robinson said: “We don’t play for penalties. We are not going to lie down. It’s not in the spirit of the game. We will let the footy gods decide.”

Hodges will likely be a liability due to his back issues.
So the Broncs may have to be a man short after 30 minutes - just like the Rorters were when Pearce's hammy went earlu in their game. @:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6