Hmmmmm Roosters in a spot of bother?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Roosters disturbed by blood results

Kate McClymont, Chris Barrett, Michael Carayannis

Sydney Roosters general manager Brian Canavan said on Wednesday that his players were tested for human growth hormone without the consent of club officials and staff.
Confirming he had severed ties with the weight loss and nutritional company Nubodi earlier this year he said the Roosters had been disturbed to discover that his players were tested for the levels of HGH in their blood during the firm’s brief association with the club.
‘‘We were very unhappy that the extended testing was conducted,’’ Canavan said.
‘‘The players underwent the tests without the knowledge or consent. They thought they were being tested for conventional nutrition tests. The tests results came back to us and the growth hormone levels were indicated on the test results. We did not order those through this company. Once all this unfolded I wrote a report to the NRL integrity unit and what the integrity unit did from there I’m not sure. We dismissed the company, they didn’t supply us with anything.’’

Six Roosters players including Boyd Cordner, Sam Moa and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had unusually elevated levels of HGH in their blood, according records of their bloodwork retrieved from the mobile phone of an organised crime figure.
Nubodi Group boss Sean Carolan has vehemently denied providing Sydney Roosters players with Human Growth Hormone, claiming his work with the title favourites was confined to dietary advice based on blood pathology.

The Roosters, preparing for Saturday night’s preliminary final against Newcastle at Allianz Stadium, were understood to have been told on Wednesday night by coach Trent Robinson about the club’s name being dragged into the ElephantJuice-in-sport saga. However, Canavan said the Roosters had no case to answer.
He said Nubodi had worked with the players on diet and nutrition from last December until mid-January and that he had supplied a report on their association to the NRL midway through this season.
‘‘I only became aware of it later on. I became aware of it around mid-year and that’s when I decided with everything going on that we would write the full report. We severed ties with them back in January. We as a club severed our ties in January when this all unfolded,’’ he said.
‘‘I will add that the couple of players who had elevated readings were tested again by our club doctor and those readings were perfectly normal. Some tests were done which were part of a normal nutrition test that the athletes undergo.
''It was in readiness for the players to go onto the detox diet. Our performance and medical staff were looking for pre-diet and post-diet markers just to see how effective the diets were going to be. Our club did not order growth hormone tests.
‘‘They have a battery of tests. We just ask for conventional nutrition tests. When we got the results back growth hormone levels were indicated.
‘‘The tests that we ordered were to get a blood profile on the nutritional aspects of our players. We didn’t order growth hormone. It was in readiness for our players to go onto detox diets, paleo diet. It was unsatisfactory the way they went about their business and the extended blood testing we didn’t need all that.’’

Interesting news...

Typically the timing of this leak is suspect... But one could never think that any ASADA related news item has an agenda of maximum impact behind it.

Perhaps it's nothing... But elevated HGH levels indicate that *something* is going on...

Shifty.

The rorters should be removed from this years finals series immediately. Manly go through to the gf as we've already had to play the rorters; and souffs play drugcastle this weekend.

Make it so!

I know that he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Fitzsimons has written an opinion piece on the subject. It's currently one of his axes he likes to grind so the tone is a little hysterical, however he does make a couple of good points.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-drug-cloud-saddest-thing-is-were-not-surprised-20130926-2uffb.html

Finding out the prop at the roosters was the guy who introduced the dodgy supplement supplier to club is shocking I mean who would have ever thought that….. slippery situation that one.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-drug-cloud-saddest-thing-is-were-not-surprised-20130926-2uffb.html

Chip and Chase said:
I know that he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but Fitzsimons has written an opinion piece on the subject. It's currently one of his axes he likes to grind so the tone is a little hysterical, however he does make a couple of good points.

Fitzsimons best couple of points actually belong to his Mrs. Well...about 10 years ago they did.

The Robinson family link here with Trent and Dean and the parallels between Essendon and Roosters are looking suspicious.

Chip and Chase said:
The Robinson family link here with Trent and Dean and the parallels between Essendon and Roosters are looking suspicious.

If ( and a big IF) they were to win a GF, could we have yet another " stripping" of a Premiership

KOMORI said:
Roosters disturbed by blood results

Kate McClymont, Chris Barrett, Michael Carayannis

Sydney Roosters general manager Brian Canavan said on Wednesday that his players were tested for human growth hormone without the consent of club officials and staff.
Confirming he had severed ties with the weight loss and nutritional company Nubodi earlier this year he said the Roosters had been disturbed to discover that his players were tested for the levels of HGH in their blood during the firm’s brief association with the club.
‘‘We were very unhappy that the extended testing was conducted,’’ Canavan said.
‘‘The players underwent the tests without the knowledge or consent. They thought they were being tested for conventional nutrition tests. The tests results came back to us and the growth hormone levels were indicated on the test results. We did not order those through this company. Once all this unfolded I wrote a report to the NRL integrity unit and what the integrity unit did from there I’m not sure. We dismissed the company, they didn’t supply us with anything.’’

Six Roosters players including Boyd Cordner, Sam Moa and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck had unusually elevated levels of HGH in their blood, according records of their bloodwork retrieved from the mobile phone of an organised crime figure.
Nubodi Group boss Sean Carolan has vehemently denied providing Sydney Roosters players with Human Growth Hormone, claiming his work with the title favourites was confined to dietary advice based on blood pathology.

The Roosters, preparing for Saturday night’s preliminary final against Newcastle at Allianz Stadium, were understood to have been told on Wednesday night by coach Trent Robinson about the club’s name being dragged into the ElephantJuice-in-sport saga. However, Canavan said the Roosters had no case to answer.
He said Nubodi had worked with the players on diet and nutrition from last December until mid-January and that he had supplied a report on their association to the NRL midway through this season.
‘‘I only became aware of it later on. I became aware of it around mid-year and that’s when I decided with everything going on that we would write the full report. We severed ties with them back in January. We as a club severed our ties in January when this all unfolded,’’ he said.
‘‘I will add that the couple of players who had elevated readings were tested again by our club doctor and those readings were perfectly normal. Some tests were done which were part of a normal nutrition test that the athletes undergo.
''It was in readiness for the players to go onto the detox diet. Our performance and medical staff were looking for pre-diet and post-diet markers just to see how effective the diets were going to be. Our club did not order growth hormone tests.
‘‘They have a battery of tests. We just ask for conventional nutrition tests. When we got the results back growth hormone levels were indicated.
‘‘The tests that we ordered were to get a blood profile on the nutritional aspects of our players. We didn’t order growth hormone. It was in readiness for our players to go onto detox diets, paleo diet. It was unsatisfactory the way they went about their business and the extended blood testing we didn’t need all that.’’

Interesting news...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7