Hindmarsh 9984 tackles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Thoughts

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/defence-force/story-fn2mcuj6-1226026544182?from=public_rss

Are they gonna stop the game at 10,000

how many flops ?

2nd man in or not. the guy is a workhorse and not only gets involved in all the tackles but also backs up in attack as well

There is no denying the man is a legend of the game. It is an amazing record as no man has done it before. Someone said Richard Swain would have beaten him, but he hasn't. It is the same as Snakes tryscoring feats. They are both great. Hindy is a true man of league and we need more players like him. Wish he was a Manly player.

Dan link said:
2nd man in or not. the guy is a workhorse and not only gets involved in all the tackles but also backs up in attack as well

Whoa don't take me the wrong way. I was saying it as a good thing. Most tackles take 2 or 3 people and he is always there supporting his players to finish tackles so they aren't caught alone. He is the defense King and yes is always backing up attack. As much as I hate the Eels I love watching the guy play, last year the guy chased down 2 wingers on sprints, what a freak.

I just think making 10,000 tackles in a career is meaningless. Saying you made 30 or 40 odd tackles in a game I find impressive, saying you made 10,000 in a career just seems like a worthless thing to me for some reason.

Probably save 1000 points being scored.

The guy is a champion player/clubman/person.

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=187049.msg326412#msg326412 date=1300836495]

Whoa don't take me the wrong way. I was saying it as a good thing. Most tackles take 2 or 3 people and he is always there supporting his players to finish tackles so they aren't caught alone. He is the defense King and yes is always backing up attack. As much as I hate the Eels I love watching the guy play, last year the guy chased down 2 wingers on sprints, what a freak.

I just think making 10,000 tackles in a career is meaningless. Saying you made 30 or 40 odd tackles in a game I find impressive, saying you made 10,000 in a career just seems like a worthless thing to me for some reason.
[/quote]

well how about over his career of 285 games he has averaged 35 tackles a game?

Great player Hindmarsh. Love his effort he puts in every time he plays.

Totally over-rated.  A player who makes that many tackles leaves himself exhausted, and his team in peril.  All he's good for is showing his bum-crack.  Give me a Kennedy any day over this hack. 

I have a lot of time for Hindmarsh he is a gentleman of the game and gives his all for his club, albeit the Eels.

Good Luck to him

DSM5 link said:
Totally over-rated.  A player who makes that many tackles leaves himself exhausted, and his team in peril.  All he's good for is showing his bum-crack.  Give me a Kennedy any day over this hack. 

That sums up your football knowledge!

Talk about hacks?

I see great similarities between Kennedy and Hindmarsh. Both able to drag a team from behind (not a crack joke) and both able to inspire. I know there are plenty who don't rate him but for me he would be an automatic selection in any team. One of the greats.

DSM5 link said:

For sure DSM. Hindmarsh is one of the most over-rated players in the NRL today.

Decent player but nothing overly special. There are quite a lot of back rowers that leave him in the dust. Being a media darling doesn't make him a good player, nor does Gould's constant fawning over him.

I rate a player with what he does off the ball. Hindy, Beaver and Price were the best. They would never stop. They would be moving when the ball is moving. Waiting to pounce if there was a break made. Ready if the ball came back their way to make a tackle or fall on the ball if it slipped from the hands. Waiting to make that break if there was a pass to them. Guys like Hayne and Soward sit back until these other guys do the hard work and then take the glory. When they touch the ball all they have to do is run.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187049.msg326612#msg326612 date=1300863499]

For sure DSM. Hindmarsh is one of the most over-rated players in the NRL today.

Decent player but nothing overly special. There are quite a lot of back rowers that leave him in the dust. Being a media darling doesn't make him a good player, nor does Gould's constant fawning over him.
[/quote]

Care to name them?

eagleE link said:
I rate a player with what he does off the ball . . .
Absolutely, sooo true. There was once a guy called Dallas Gonzo, a deadset immortal in terms of what he did off the ball. He was also fantastic off the field, and on his way to matches.

Not quite up to par with the ball though, so sadly his career didn't reach the heights.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7