Hi, I;m a new member...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

gunpk

Sorry to make a thread about this but how do I loggout. I pressed the log out button several times but I'm still logged in. Also why is the time opposite to what it should be. It keeps showing pm when it's am. thanks

You can check out but you can never leave! Never been an issue for me. The opposite is true I have to sign in every time I re open the page.

Best to logout via the front page it has a more comprehensive logout.

We run two systems on the site
Joomla as our front-end with a myBB forum, to make the tie-in a little better, we use jFusion to integrate the accounts of Joomla and myBB however this makes the login/logout functionality a little clunky.

I am aware of this but don't want to make any mid-season changes. I will be looking at doing something else going forward. At the end of the season I will be making a call on whether we switch to wordpress with mybb, wordpress with phpBB, a complete custom solution or any manner of other options.

All of it requires a fair bit of work from me however and I need to find that time to do it. At the moment, things "work", well kind of, but I want to find a better single sign-on solution later as well as giving us the best functionality over all.

As much as I like myBB and hated being on SMF because of it's server strain, I am thinking we may need to go back to a phpBB or SMF 2.0 solution in order to improve things. I may need to even more so write a completed custom CMS based on one of those forums, as the forums are really the centrepoint of the site

Dan

My preference is to find a solution that uses a single account database. This would be idea as it means i wouldn't need to use a bridge or to hack something together to sync the accounts, having a single user database makes much more sense and makes the control easier. My problem is that all of the current solutions just don't live up to expectations.

I may look at paying for Ip.Board with their CMS or even vbulletin

Its really no big issue., I guess just not as tidiy you would like.

It makes things difficult as the main profile that controls the site is the Joomla side profile, people make changes in myBB and then wonder why they change back, it's because Joomla overwrites the settings. I might switch this as most people don't even know they have another profile.

The other issue is that whilst the front-end navigation menu is dynamic, it is static in the forums and forces me to change it every time I make a front-end change

gunpk said:
Sorry to make a thread about this but how do I loggout. I pressed the log out button several times but I'm still logged in. Also why is the time opposite to what it should be. It keeps showing pm when it's am. thanks

I hope the Canterbury trolls are reading how to log out!

Daniel said:

I am not always able to do that as if I go to the home page, sometimes it will say that I am logged on and sometimes it will say that I'm not (even though I'm still logged into the forums). If I then wish to completely log out, I have to delete the silvertails.net cookie and then refresh the page or restart my browser (Firefox).

Shame on you not one of you said welcome to Gunpk.....so welcome aboard, but be aware it "can" be a rocky ride at times

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

I am not always able to do that as if I go to the home page, sometimes it will say that I am logged on and sometimes it will say that I'm not (even though I'm still logged into the forums). If I then wish to completely log out, I have to delete the silvertails.net cookie and then refresh the page or restart my browser (Firefox).

The best thing to do here is to login via the frontpage again and logout. I know it's clunky but it will overwrite then destroy the cookies for you

Daniel said:
The best thing to do here is to login via the frontpage again and logout. I know it's clunky but it will overwrite then destroy the cookies for you

System wont let me do that. I have no luck when I try & log out via front page orange icon. In my case the system is well & truly stuck.

The forum login has me usually logged on but then auto logs me out regularly. The forum login page doesnt load properly so stuck there too.

NFI what to do. Shrugs !

Why don't you just do what I do, and obviously Berks does too, and just have it set up as permanently logged in.
All I have to do is go to favourites, click on slivertails and I am straight in.
When I'm finished click on the little red cross in the top corner.

oh and BTW welcome gunpk...

Happy Mark...:D

That explains a fair bit as I find this site's log in process the most annoying forum log in I've ever seen.

"login required". Goes to page. "you are logged in". Roll eyes, logout , log back in again.

Other times I have flown into another country, fired up the touchpad and I'm still logged in! (bonus)

In the overall scheme of things , it bugs me less than the effort in typing this post so all is well!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4