Here comes the vomit...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
NRL Finals 2017: Who to support if your team is eliminated

1. Parramatta Eels

Which leaves us with only one logical choice. The Eels have been the feel-good story of the year, and have finished in the top four for the first time since 2005. Their last finals appearance was that magical run in 2009, which of course ended in a grand final loss to the Storm after Jarryd Hayne had spent a month playing the best footy of his career. It's been 31 years since their last title, and no team has gone longer without a preliminary final appearance than the blue and golds.

1504437191486.png

Easy decision: The Parramatta Eels are the logical choice as the bandwagon team of the 2017 NRL finals. Photo: AAP

It's been a rough few years for the Eels and their long-suffering fans, but 2017 just might be their year – and few would begrudge them success.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-your-team-is-eliminated-20170903-gy9rii.html

Few would begrudge them? I bloody well would!

You can tell this was written by a Parra fan because they seem to hate anybody who has had any sort of success.

My main concern though is that it could form part of Archer's "tip sheets" for the finals...

I never thought my derision of Cronulla would ever be overtaken, however the Eels have well & truly done that!! I cannot stand anything Cronulla & now more so Parramatta. Both teams full of grubs & both clubs unequivocally cheats! How anyone can possibly say that Parramatta are the feelgood story of the year & begrudge them success is delusion at the highest level. What a f@#$%&g joke. The guy that wrote this article should be sacked immediately. Both he & that Kate McClymont moron should be tied up in a room & made to watch endless footage of Manly highlights until both are emotionally distraught............just saying :swear:

Melbourne - Grub Smith & Grub Slater with King Grub Bellamy - still salary cap cheats & wrestling grubs
Rooters - NRL darlings - stole our Premiership in 2013
Boncos - Hated them since 1988 when they humiliated us at 44-10
What's the Matter - Hang on ... They were our feeder Club - still grubs
Cronulla - Too many grubs; Gallen Fafita etc - besides, 50 years wasn't enough for their sole silverware.
Cowgirls - Whinging Thurston still there
Penruff - C'mon Boys - Do a good job on them!

If Manly fail, GayFL or Netball maybe my only hope!

Matt bun...........
What a giant of the sports journalistic world.
And a man of the people no less, who obviously has an uncanny ability to gauge the mood.
Another dummy who doesn't get what the word CHEAT means.
Hope he enjoys his lonely nights with images of Brad Arthur dancing through his empty head.

When Willy mason said "some of the boys love a bun" after the Canterbury Coffs Harbour atrocity, was he referring to this journo Matt Bun?

Never in a million years would I support the whinging worms, I support Manly and who ever plays them!!! If we do not progress this year, I will support a Sydney based team other than the worms, If we have the nightmare scenario of a News limited derby or the worms slime into the big day I will take a 24-hour sleeping pill lol

I supported them against the Boncos... man I hate that team/coach/culture/supporters/Friday night broadcasting rights/2headedness/rumncokeisblackchampagne

Melbourne - Grub Smith & Grub Slater with King Grub Bellamy - still salary cap cheats & wrestling grubs
Rooters - NRL darlings - stole our Premiership in 2013
Boncos - Hated them since 1988 when they humiliated us at 44-10
What's the Matter - Hang on ... They were our feeder Club - still grubs
Cronulla - Too many grubs; Gallen Fafita etc - besides, 50 years wasn't enough for their sole silverware.
Cowgirls - Whinging Thurston still there
Penruff - C'mon Boys - Do a good job on them!

still got the surfing on fox,trestles is soon,fascinating title race,a bit like the NRL final series,i don't do soccer because anything a 5 yr old plays is not a sport,cricket is as f**ked as AFL

Last edited:
I'm Manly
If we are out I don't support anyone else
I guess that is the mentality of other teams supporters that when your team is out you go for someone else's team and for this Bun bloke the lack of success makes him think like that

This may upset a few here but I've never held the hate for parra others have. Storm, Broncs, cows come in way ahead of parra for mine. Maybe it's because I only started following manly in 1990 and didn't have the historical context to hate them. When I started watching Winfield cup parra sucked!

The women's soccer is outstanding, watching the "GayFL" will only get you accused of homophobia by the guardians of PC. Remember the first casualty of leaning left is a sense of humour.

This may upset a few here but I've never held the hate for parra others have. Storm, Broncs, cows come in way ahead of parra for mine. Maybe it's because I only started following manly in 1990 and didn't have the historical context to hate them. When I started watching Winfield cup parra sucked!
Sames... I dont like parra, but i dont hate them nearly as much as i hate storm and knights... Being a 14 year old manly fan living in newcastle in 97 was absolutely horrible, and have hated the knights with a passion ever since.. Melb are cheating scum, that train ride home from the 07 gf was one of the worst rides ever... Dont think my hate for parra even comes close

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7