Here come the comparisons!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly fans don't seem to wanna go games at all even games at Brookie these days. Pretty embarrassing as well when we have Lyon's farewell and still get **** numbers and we can't say it's because the teams doing bad because even in 2013-14 we had dwindling crowds.
Even more embarrassing was being at that game (against the Raiders) and having them take over the hill with their chant I was absolutely gutted and felt the fortress has fallen...

Even more embarrassing was being at that game (against the Raiders) and having them take over the hill with their chant I was absolutely gutted and felt the fortress has fallen...

Going by the results Karin, it has. We were soft as faerie floss this season at home.

What was our record?

Going by the results Karin, it has. We were soft as faerie floss this season at home.

What was our record?
I hear what you are saying but as fans we also need to lift. I went to pretty much all the home games (and a few away ones) and this year the hill was quiet, no drummer, no chanters... At the end of the day no matter how ****ty the score is the players hear the fans and it does give them a bit of a lift (Parker even gave us a thumbs up when my boys cheered him for his try). You should have heard the fans at Hunter Stadium they never gave up even when they were behind they kept cheering. This year even when we were ahead the fans just stood there like stunned mullets waiting for the tide to turn.

I hear what you are saying but as fans we also need to lift. I went to pretty much all the home games (and a few away ones) and this year the hill was quiet, no drummer, no chanters... At the end of the day no matter how ****ty the score is the players hear the fans and it does give them a bit of a lift (Parker even gave us a thumbs up when my boys cheered him for his try). You should have heard the fans at Hunter Stadium they never gave up even when they were behind they kept cheering. This year even when we were ahead the fans just stood there like stunned mullets waiting for the tide to turn.
Yep just look at the Knights you gotta give it to them they get behind their team, then again what else can you do in Newcastle.

The commute from Amsterdam is a ****ing killer, so may I be excused from the "non-passionate" and "not a true supporter" taunts?

If they want to compare Manly to Cronulla......here is the Shark's trophy cabinet @:cool:

14333028_10154326608651075_452624534611946512_n.jpg

Call them for a viewing on 1800 10 10 10

That's one eight hundred won nothing won nothing won nothing

This really is a desperate article. Proves to me that the pro sharks writers have it bad when it comes to manly. Too many scars I think. The writer also fails to mention the crowd in our 2013 final against the guppies. Oh well.

If we thought our crowds were bad in 2016 just imagine what they'll be if the 2017 team is 1/8, with 4 home losses!!

You'll have to pay people to go!!

Look I agree with @Karin , I never got to a home game this year but watched them all on Foxtel, and can't remember hearing the Manly chant.

@ManlyArmy might confirm this but it appeared to me that Jono Powell ( drummer boy ) might have had a year off, or just got sick of it??

But his drumming, and the Push it Manly crew around him used to fire up the crowd pretty well.

If we thought our crowds were bad in 2016 just imagine what they'll be if the 2017 team is 1/8, with 4 home losses!!

You'll have to pay people to go!!

Look I agree with @Karin , I never got to a home game this year but watched them all on Foxtel, and can't remember hearing the Manly chant.

@ManlyArmy might confirm this but it appeared to me that Jono Powell ( drummer boy ) might have had a year off, or just got sick of it??

But his drumming, and the Push it Manly crew around him used to fire up the crowd pretty well.

The TV crowd noise is from the Jane try stand so hard to hear the hill

Jono sold his drumming rights to parra as he thought the great Dalai could further his career.

Last seen with @Brookie4eva pumping pineapples through the pokies

I heard the Sharks have 36 busloads of fans going to the SFS tonight, so when it comes to comparisons with us in 2012, I can't say anything. We'd never get anywhere near that amount from Northern Beaches....unfortunately!

I heard the Sharks have 36 busloads of fans going to the SFS tonight, so when it comes to comparisons with us in 2012, I can't say anything. We'd never get anywhere near that amount from Northern Beaches....unfortunately!

Yeah but...why would we go to see the sharks play??

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahah

If our team rarely made the finals, and a premiership was an unrequited dream, then I'd say we would have 50 busses.

The bus drivers better be on danger money, as there will be a lot of disappointed shark fans later on tonight.

If our team rarely made the finals, and a premiership was an unrequited dream, then I'd say we would have 50 busses.

The bus drivers better be on danger money, as there will be a lot of disappointed shark fans later on tonight.

Exactly, in 2012 we were in the midst of our expected regular success and I've no doubt the "average" crowd figure was a mild protest vote at not getting a home semi.
Also for tonight the NRL have finally pulled their finger out and have included free public transport to/from Allianz which wasn't included in previous years which would make a difference to the cost of a families night out.

I live in the Shire and work in the Shire. After Panthers got knocked out I thought I would cheer for the Sharkies but everyone around are starting to annoy me. I'm doing a re think. If they win tonight I might just go on holidays for a week. Somewhere the other side of the bridge (Capt. Cook Bridge that is). It is going to be a sad place around here if they do not win (i'm smiling as I type at the thought)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6