Herald apology to Steve Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Since they like to bury these apologies in dark corners of print editions, and make them a little tricky to find online compared to their gossip pieces plastered over the main page. Maybe share this one around a bit!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/apology-to-steve-matai-20161012-gs147a.html

Apology to Steve Matai

On September 9, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that Manly rugby league player Steve Matai's mobile phone was seized by police in their investigation into match-fixing in the NRL.

Steve Matai has denied any wrongdoing or involvement in match-fixing and that his phone was seized by police.

The Herald accepts that its report was incorrect and would like to make clear that Steve Matai did not have his phone seized or examined by police.

The Herald apologises to Steve Matai and regrets any hurt and embarrassment caused to him.

The herald is written by the biggest bunch of retards put on earth that try and push there on beliefs on everyone.

Duffman accepts that its report was incorrect and would like to make clear that SMH employees are decent well credited writers.

Duffman apologises to the smh and regrets any hurt and embarrassment caused.

I hope the apology comes with a large sum of money to compensate for the irreparable damage to Steve's reputation caused by the publication of such a poorly-researched report.

giphy.gif

Do you guys reckon the DT would have even printed an apology? I'll take the SMH getting it wrong over anything the DT print. Glad he got his apology.

Do you guys reckon the DT would have even printed an apology? I'll take the SMH getting it wrong over anything the DT print. Glad he got his apology.

DT didn't make any comments about Matai. But they did in the Stewart case and subsequently made this apology through it's network.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne.../story-e6freuzr-1226048185768?from=public_rss

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/apology-to-brett-stewart/story-e6freoof-1226042029165

Too often media outlets walk away almost untarnished when inaccurate and hurtful or damaging reporting is identified. Editorials are also too often blatant propaganda sites that can say almost anything without recourse. They seem too powerful for Governments to set up an equally powerful authority to address these often disgraceful inaccuracies. And they too often hide behind the claim of freedom of speech, and freedom of the press.

But there should be such in existence and media outlets, radio commentary and journalists should be made accountable, not merely by being sued, but by legal prosecution. If you besmirch someone's good name publicly, you can be charged. Same should apply to media identities but too often its not pursued because of their powerful legal supports. Libellous and slanderous public comments are related to defamation of character which can result in prosecution

Hope that apology costs them, and nets Steve a cool $500k or something for defamation.
Sounds like it is happening

Steve Matai's legal action against a number of media organisations following the 'seized mobile phone' affair is gathering speed.

While Channel 7 and Fairfax Media are his main targets, others have been hit with writs in the past week or so.

Experts believe Matai could earn north of $200,000 if defamation of character is proved.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ours-gossip/kdnyraj4jzr4152ywie5jf03b/slide/4

Last edited:
I hope he hammers Massoud (?) legal wise as he continued to suggest Matai had done the wrong thing with his "game on!" tweet.

There should be a law introduced that these print media organisations should have to print any apologies and retractions on exactly the same page and in the same prominence as the offending story.
Might get the fact checkers actually doing their bloody jobs before they ruin peoples reputations on the front page of their greasy little slander rags.
Sue the bastards and get every cent you can, Steve! Take extra care to bury that steaming turd, Massoud.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6