Help Needed: Twitter and Facebook users

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

One of the things that we currently do not do well is Social media. We need to really do some work on improving this and this is where I am looking for your help.

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who wants to help out making posts under out official Twitter and Facebook names to try to both grow the followers of those accounts and drive some traffic here.

We aren't looking for anything too intense, just someone who likes using those platforms and wouldn't mind helping out.

One important thing is that we don't want those accounts to be used for opinion or for carrying on big debates, we especially don't want any questionable comments, nothing racist etc.
I know it sounds silly to say but still worth mentioning.

So if you want to help out with the site and help grow our overall community, please let me know and I will give you access to the various accounts. Remember you will be posting as Silvertails. I will be trying to automate live score pushes as well to those accounts

So no opinion or racist stuff? Well that rules out my mother in law on FB.

Seriously though @Dan, what content would be getting put out there? Say on Twitter.

So no opinion or racist stuff? Well that rules out my mother in law on FB.

Seriously though @Dan, what content would be getting put out there? Say on Twitter.
So things like interesting threads, small commentary of the team and games, the idea is to lead those people back here rather.

So if there is an article we post a teaser leading people back here. If it is a thread a small description and a link to the thread.

Then just score every 20 odd minutes through the games of or when available and anything noteworthy.

Basically anything engaging like that

Well no opinions rules me out because
tumblr_mk2jfoE7YN1qzhoeko1_500.gif

^ Well I'm sure Dan's glad he answered all your questions then.

lol

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Dan I'd like to help with this but here's my situation. I have an FB account but am not an avid user due to my job. There have been many serious, career threatening issues regarding FB and teachers, mostly over things that were quite innocent.
We have to be careful.
I love it on here - not linked to FB because I'm free as a bird to be a weird and wonderful Sea Eagle nutter in an awesome online community with all you loveable Silvertails.
Good luck with your growth plan. Sounds like a great idea.

Dan I'd like to help with this but here's my situation. I have an FB account but am not an avid user due to my job. There have been many serious, career threatening issues regarding FB and teachers, mostly over things that were quite innocent.
We have to be careful.
I love it on here - not linked to FB because I'm free as a bird to be a weird and wonderful Sea Eagle nutter in an awesome online community with all you loveable Silvertails.

I think Dan is saying that you would post under the official silvertails banner, not your own personal accounts.

That said....teaching and social media don't usually mix for sure!

I'm almost ashamed to admit it Dan but I'd access my Facebook account every day.

If you think I could be of help, I'd be happy to do it.

I'm a teacher too niccipops. Never had an issue with the social media thing. I know a few schools that are pretty funny about it though.

I'm very sure I can help out, and having moved interstate recently I'll be watching most games live on TV, so I can do it with laptop in hand. Not round 1, though. Already booked my flights home for that game.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it Dan but I'd access my Facebook account every day.

If you think I could be of help, I'd be happy to do it.

I'm a teacher too niccipops. Never had an issue with the social media thing. I know a few schools that are pretty funny about it though.
I know plenty of teachers that FB all the time without problems. I've worked in a few places where there have been issues, including where I am now.
It's very small fishbowl community. I think it's legal for brothers and sisters to marry here.
Not friending anyone!

I know plenty of teachers that FB all the time without problems. I've worked in a few places where there have been issues, including where I am now.
It's very small fishbowl community. I think it's legal for brothers and sisters to marry here.
Not friending anyone!
Could be anywhere in QLD, you aren't narrowing it down

We have to be careful.
Just lay off the topless selfies and you should be OK*

*not legal advice

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8