Help needed. Home Vs Away penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
My hypothesis is that home teams have a tremendous advantage in the penalty count; not a genius hypothesis but I am interested in seeing some numbers.

Are there any stats gurus out there that could for example look at the 2017 season and come up with a number of penalties awarded to the home team Vs away team?

If there is a variance between home Vs away penalty's why is this so?

you can find the stats for each game last year via a quick google then add up home and away.

I really want to see a breakdown of penalties awarded in the second half to team in front compared to the team trailing.

It would make sense for the team behind to push the envelope more and if the refs are doing their jobs then more risks would lead to more oenalties against the team trying to get back into it. Right?....

I’ve got a bit of research that needs doing. After whoever sits down and does this job for commander, can the person contact me and I’ll set you to work.

Oh the irony, Bellyache and Scam came out supporting the refs saying the players were more at fault for pushing the boundaries.

Pot=Kettle=Black

Three columns:

Home team penalty conceded

Away team penalty conceded

Playing Storm penalty conceded

Even Gus Gould mentioned they tend to get a leg up coming out of their quarter. One look at the Tigers match and you’d be screaming for an investigation!!!!

More good info here: https://afltables.com/rl/misc/penalties.html
Interestingly scrolling back to the 80's, penalty counts were much higher than they are today.
But I think the main problem today is the consistency of the penalties blown and the frustration that occurs when a team is awarded a penalty after repeatedly committing the same offense without punishment. If the rules were followed consistently to the letter I think penalty counts could easily double in today's game.
This season is also the biggest start for penalty counts since 2004 (17.8 compared to 18.1):
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/r...rt-season-ng-6a2973757d423331ba373f12609cf6ee

And this weekend continues the high count, they are blowing them faster than Debbie doing Dallas.

It's not just about the number of penalties; it's the severity of them. Gaining 30-40 metres with a kick then a six tackle restart should only be for severe indiscretions, such as foul play; not minor things like "hand on ball", "not being square", "inside the 10-metres" etc. These should earn 'short-arm' penalties where you can tap-and-go and get a new set of six tackles.
Introduce a five-minute sin bin for repeat offenders to deter deliberate penalties.
Oh, and do what every fans wants - go back to one referee.
Really, it is a simple fix.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7