"Hayne Australias next 5/8" - Stuart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
NSW Blues coach Ricky Stuart reckons Jarryd Hayne can replace Darren Lockyer as Australia's Test five-eighth at the end of the year.

And in the countdown to Friday night's NRL Sydney blockbuster between Hayne's Parramatta Eels and Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium, Stuart also believes the switch to the halves will extend the Parramatta superstar's career.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/jarryd-hayne-can-replace-darren-lockyer-as-australias-test-five-eighth-ricky-stuart-says/story-e6frf3ou-1226099530348

Fluffy said:
riiiiiiight, thats why he played on the wing?

and centre.....ridiculous statement. The dribble that comes out of some of these guys is amazing

Stuart was also the one who proclaimed Pearce to be the best halfback in the world before the 3rd Origin! He was the worst player on the field and was completely outplayed by a bloke who onlt played 2/3 of the game. Hayne obviously isn't going that well if Stuart thinks highlt of him.

Hayne to 5/8th could well put Parra into the semis. It unleashes the creativity of Burt and puts the ball in the hands of their best playmaker (Hayne) more often.

Hayne at 5/8 could work out very well, but of course its way too early to tell.

But Stuart making wild predictions like that are just plain lolable.

Did he not realise early on in his post playing career that by keeping quiet he might have been able to build a better reputation without these massive blows to his credibility.

lol hayne at 5/8, he cant hide like he can now at fullback he has to be switched on for the whole game & he cant do that..

I don't really think it is all that far fetched really.

There isn't really a standout option right now, and Hayne has the ability to pull the switch off

Remember everybody also said Lockyer was a rubbish 5/8. Closer to home I read everybody saying Lyon would never be a 5/8, and he won a comp there playing brilliant footy

Fluffy said:
riiiiiiight, thats why he played on the wing?

Was just about to say that!

Jatz Crackers said:
Did he not realise early on in his post playing career that by keeping quiet he might have been able to build a better reputation without these massive blows to his credibility.

How does the saying go? Its better to keep quiet and let people assume you're an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Hayne will still have his 10 good minutes a game. I can't see it having a great effect on the Eels. He is still too erratic and his play too selfish to be a top 5/8.

I think there are a number of players ahead of Hayne in the race for Lockyer's spot. And that includes George Rose.

Brookie said:
haven't parra already tried this experiment?

Yes and it was an abject failure. Hayne doesn't have the smarts, and lacks composure under pressure. Chokes in big games like 2009 GF and has had some shockers in Origin.

He looks great when his no look passes hit the mark and his chip kicks in his own quarter bounce into his arms (certainly gets the Channel 9 sycophants creaming their pants), but he looks like a goose when passes are going over the sideline and his chip kicks hand over possession.

If Stuart thinks he is a good 5/8 then that's a glowing endorsement for him to stay on the wing.

Is Hayne playing tonight. Think I've seen him about twice.

Having posted that he's having a better second half.

Proved again tonight why he will never make a 5/8. Absolutely nothing between the ears and a very selfish player, always going for the hero play. Myth

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4