The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Understand everyone's concerns with Sirro but he will be playing exactly as Des has told him to and running lines to get the team in the position Des wanted the team to be in. No way in hell even one of our experienced players continually disregards Des and does what he wants and runs his own lines. Sirro certainly wouldn't be deciding what play they run - that will be on DCE/Foran/Jake and now Schuster. Will every player play off the cuff on an occasion and run a different line/play to the one planned or even make a mistake and run the wrong line/play - of course, but in this team with Des at the helm - every player will do their job exactly as required or face Des' wrath. So any criticism of Sirro again is unfounded - he will be doing exactly as he is told. As Snake and I have both mentioned his job is not to set up supports, his main job is to make yards, run the required line as a decoy, off load if possible in a tackle or through the line but to get us to a particular point on the field.
100% correct.

Imagine if Storm players decided Belamy's game plan warranted them to change on the field!

Understand everyone's concerns with Sirro but he will be playing exactly as Des has told him to and running lines to get the team in the position Des wanted the team to be in. No way in hell even one of our experienced players continually disregards Des and does what he wants and runs his own lines. Sirro certainly wouldn't be deciding what play they run - that will be on DCE/Foran/Jake and now Schuster. Will every player play off the cuff on an occasion and run a different line/play to the one planned or even make a mistake and run the wrong line/play - of course, but in this team with Des at the helm - every player will do their job exactly as required or face Des' wrath. So any criticism of Sirro again is unfounded - he will be doing exactly as he is told. As Snake and I have both mentioned his job is not to set up supports, his main job is to make yards, run the required line as a decoy, off load if possible in a tackle or through the line but to get us to a particular point on the field.
If true, it confirms that DESpicable had no idea about a game plan for the first four rounds.
Thanks for the clarification.
Thank goodness for injuries.

There is no doubt the unders drop to Sirro is a tactical ploy, but would be very surprised if Des is instructing Sirro to be running such a dramatic cut away from outside support which became a habit and in fact, wanted him more direct and the evidence I would point to....the following play the attack was clunky and disorganised, certainly not organised to attack from that point of the field which would have been the case if this was intended and he hit the intended point of the field.
As "The Who" pointed out, the attacking structures were a debacle early rounds and since playing more direct and playing through the defence, the attack has looked far more structured and the players are not having to reload from odd positions on the field, everyone is holding shape and the attack is flowing far more smoothly.
I will be very surprised for example, if Sirro is not running far more direct on return this weekend and just maybe, see him run those hard power unders lines that he successfully scored tries and bent the line previously.

@Snake Anything official re Gauc's injury?
Nothing new to report. Hand injury and they all heal differently. Taumalolo was back relatively quickly from his so hopefully Haumole is the same.
I am a little concerned about how injury prone he is to be honest. He’s an outstanding prospect but he struggles to put games together. It’s been a problem since he took up the game.

At this rate both he and Sironen will be lucky to put together an entire season worth of matches between them...

Perfectly said - the people on here slamming Sirro for doing exactly what he is supposed to do are just deluded. If you look at our tries on the weekend when the backs were running riot - only Lawnton as a forward was really involved in any of those tries and the same with the breaks - I cant recall a forward being involved unless it was a stand in the tackle offload like Keppie. Forwards are not there to be link men to pass to Centres (besides ball players like Jake/Schu) - they are to make yards and of course if they make a break look for a back - Centre/winger/Tom. They are there to run lines and also act as decoys or be hit as the lead runner as per Lawnton's try as Tom sweeps around behind. If they can offload all well and good or if there is an overlap - great - pass the ball but yes setting up Centres is just not what they are required to do.
Yeah I agree tragic. I think Sirro will do just fine, and I think he is pretty good close to the line and provides scoring threats in the middle/edge.
NYEagle

I went to a game at Gold Coast Stadium a few years ago where he had a blinder ... scored a good try and threatened a few more

Olakau'atu is very under rated, and a very exciting prospect. In my.opinion , when he's at his barnstorming best , he is unstoppable.

It's getting that game time, and consistency which will be the key.

Also, in my opinion, Sironen is outstanding !

Olakau'atu is very under rated, and a very exciting prospect. In my.opinion , when he's at his barnstorming best , he is unstoppable.

It's getting that game time, and consistency which will be the key.

Also, in my opinion, Sironen is outstanding !
People who don't rate him highly obviously haven't watched him play. He is a genuine gun backrower and rated highly by most on here.

Such a shame to see him out for a month again. Was gutted for him when he got injured round 1.. as he deserved to be in our side IMO. Then he came back... forced his way in.. made it his own and now hes injured again.

Hopefully he comes back soon and gets put straight back in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6