Haumole facing 1-2 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
What an absolute farce…

Manly's already depleted forward stocks are set to take a further hit with Haumole Olakau'atu facing suspension for a high tackle in Thursday night's 34-22 loss to Cronulla.

Olakau'atu was sent to the sinbin for the 29th minute tackle on Sharks veteran Aiden Tolman and he has been charged with a grade two careless high tackle.

An early guilty plea will see Olakau'atu suspended for one match, while he faces a two match suspension if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary.

What an absolute farce…

Manly's already depleted forward stocks are set to take a further hit with Haumole Olakau'atu facing suspension for a high tackle in Thursday night's 34-22 loss to Cronulla.

Olakau'atu was sent to the sinbin for the 29th minute tackle on Sharks veteran Aiden Tolman and he has been charged with a grade two careless high tackle.

An early guilty plea will see Olakau'atu suspended for one match, while he faces a two match suspension if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary.
Ridiculous. Let’s see if they follow that approach consistently over the next few rounds.

I hate the people that run the game.

Cleary does a hip drop and gets nothing more than a $1000 fine.

Houmule gets sent to the bin (recommended by the bunker) for a high shot (that was nothing more than a good hit and ANY forward in the game would agree) where the opposition player doesn't even go off for a HIA ... and now he's charged with a grade 2 and is looking at a match suspension with an early plea?

Pick which one is the NRL's current golden child.....

A small part of me, the real evil prick part, wants someone to do it to Nathan, snap his knee in half, and challenge the judiciary to treat it differently.

I actually had a minor argument on Facebook with Glen Liddiard about it. He was trying to claim that a hip drop is only a hip drop if there have been 3 attempting the tackle in the first place, and that Cleary's wasn't because it was a 1 on 1 tackle.

Of course, that completely ignores those suspended in 2021 for hip drops that were 1 on 1 tackles.

Like Brandy, shock horror an ex-Panther trying to say their golden boy did nothing wrong.

At a minimum we must challenge the grading.

I did not see a lot wrong with the tackle. The referee saw it and saw nothing wrong either, then we get Klein in the bunker making a fuss about it. Oka is binned and now charged. The same referee allowed Cleary to get away with a hip drop the week earlier.

The game has gone soft!

Cleary does a hip drop and gets nothing more than a $1000 fine.

Houmule gets sent to the bin (recommended by the bunker) for a high shot (that was nothing more than a good hit and ANY forward in the game would agree) where the opposition player doesn't even go off for a HIA ... and now he's charged with a grade 2 and is looking at a match suspension with an early plea?

Pick which one is the NRL's current golden child.....
Penrith and Roosters are teflon coated and nobody can touch them.

Cleary's penalty was a total farce.

I saw it last night. I've seen replays this morning.

IMO there was no head contact. Haumole clearly hits Toleman's shoulder.
They showed an angle on Ch9 last night (looking toward the left side of Tolmans face) that I reckon showed contact but that's great if he did not... still don't reckon he will get off tho...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8