[Resurrected] Yukon, Hat Kon, we all Kon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hat: Dear Lovely Ladies and gross guys.

Now we're all in a relatively good mood, it's time to head off on an adventure again.....

As we all know too much snow makes ge's little brain freeze even more than usual so as a treat I took him to the hottest place I could think of.

ge: You don't even have a brain.

Hat: I don't know what's more embarrassing; that you continue to argue with a hat, or that you always lose. Now quiet, adults are talking.

Hat: Lets start off with some basic shapes.

Triangle....

7pbP5tP.jpg

Some more triangles.....

tUz25i4.jpg

Think these bad boys are in the middle of the desert? Check the view from my hotel room....

9MlDkyB.jpg

And someone about ge's age....

I was amazed at how many tourists do the pose in front just to look like they are kissing the Sphinx! (perverts). One lady from New Zealand said "I don't know why I'm closing my eyes when going for the kiss!!" - we laughed.

yuGNisb.jpg

And this guy still looks better than ge!

ZDoMe3f.jpg

Enjoy!

Hat: Pffffft @Woodsie, if I said prism to ge he'd run around yelling prison! prison! I don't wanna go to prison! I swear he makes lint look like a ball of pure genius.

ge: I only did that once.

Hat: Oh well that makes it fine then....

Anyway....we moved on to Aswan and stayed at the "Old Cataract Hotel". I don't usually do plugs (as I'm a hat) but it was fantastic. Probably my favourite hotel ever. So much history (Agatha Christie wrote death on the Nile here); Winston Churchill dropped in, stayed, and opened a few things and really, think of someone famous, and they've probably stayed here. The staff are brilliant.

Now, you can stay in the same room Christie stayed in and it's only *cough* $10,000 a night! So here's a pic from our room looking over at it! (lol)
It's top floor, middle. The room underneath (with the awning) is Winston Churchill's room. The hotel offers tours, we took one. Plush!

MVib8PA.jpg

Next Mrs ge negotiated a boat (as ge is useless) - and everything... everything is a negotiation in Egypt (and you always lose) and we went to Sehel Island, famous for a few things but mostly for the "Famine Stela" (look it up).

ge: If you guys knew what I had to go through to get that pic...you'd instantly make me member of the year!

p8EJ1UL.jpg

Now because you all got more info than usual I will round today off with a nice cool drink. It had some interesting 'words' on it. (I assume).

VyB4UMn.jpg

And also staff seem to love folding towels into animals. This one still has a better memory than ge. (Both pics taken while on a boat cruise on...the Nile)

c4g3clI.jpg

Better pics later!

Bonus Pic!!!!

0JIFW9g.jpg

Very courageous GE. My daughter is an Aussie Diplomat with DFAT and she tells me that is currently a very very dangerous part of the world.

Stay Safe!

Hat: Pffffft @Woodsie, if I said prism to ge he'd run around yelling prison! prison! I don't wanna go to prison! I swear he makes lint look like a ball of pure genius.

ge: I only did that once.

Hat: Oh well that makes it fine then....

Anyway....we moved on to Aswan and stayed at the "Old Cataract Hotel". I don't usually do plugs (as I'm a hat) but it was fantastic. Probably my favourite hotel ever. So much history (Agatha Christie wrote death on the Nile here); Winston Churchill dropped in, stayed, and opened a few things and really, think of someone famous, and they've probably stayed here. The staff are brilliant.

Now, you can stay in the same room Christie stayed in and it's only *cough* $10,000 a night! So here's a pic from our room looking over at it! (lol)
It's top floor, middle. The room underneath (with the awning) is Winston Churchill's room. The hotel offers tours, we took one. Plush!

MVib8PA.jpg

Next Mrs ge negotiated a boat (as ge is useless) - and everything... everything is a negotiation in Egypt (and you always lose) and we went to Sehel Island, famous for a few things but mostly for the "Famine Stela" (look it up).

ge: If you guys knew what I had to go through to get that pic...you'd instantly make me member of the year!

p8EJ1UL.jpg

Now because you all got more info than usual I will round today off with a nice cool drink. It had some interesting 'words' on it. (I assume).

VyB4UMn.jpg

And also staff seem to love folding towels into animals. This one still has a better memory than ge. (Both pics taken while on a boat cruise on...the Nile)

c4g3clI.jpg

Better pics later!

Bonus Pic!!!!

0JIFW9g.jpg
Nice pics... this hat thing is hilarious seriously hahaha

ge: I'll try @Class of 96 but hat seems to know everything!

Hat: I know you spent an hour in shower allegedly 'removing sand' pervert!

ge: Your job is to provide shade, not throw shade!

Hat: Your job is to look like an idiot. You're doing it so well I hear you're being promoted to moron, first class. Now time for pics!

Here I am at the mortuary temple of Pharaoh Hatshepsut (or "chicken hot soup" the locals call her), Egypt's second female Pharaoh and a kick ass one at that. Temp = 38 degrees. Wah.

z1k6RDm.jpg

We then drove to the Ramesseum where we were the only ones there (awesome). One of the things the site is famous for is the collapsed statue of Ramses II which inspired Percy Shelly's most famous poem "Ozymandias". (Look it up...learn something! lol)

In this pic you can see the toes of the great statue and the head has fallen away from the camera. I think I'll include another one non hat pic from a better angle.

rHSzdT7.jpg

Just imagine I've walked to the left from the previous photo and you get the side view of the fallen statue.

8PRJcuO.jpg

See? Learning is fun!

One morning ge thought it would be a good idea to get up at 3.30am, hire a car and drive the four hours or so to another world famous site... Abu Simbel.

ge: Actually it was Mrs ge's idea.

Hat: Ah that explains why it was a good one then. That makes more sense.

Massive rock carvings of two temples dedicated to Ramses II and his Queen wife Nefertari (no... not Nefertiti). It was filled with tourists as soon as it opened, about 7.30am, so they can get in and out before the heat hits. We too got there early but waited out the crowds until we were the only ones left. Hot (as always) but brilliant hieroglyphs inside the temples and the outside reliefs are massive. Amazing.

"All by myyyyyy - sellllllf!" la la la Ramses II temple...

leAFQMH.jpg

Nefertari temple:

eIeN2Nh.jpg

And because you've all been good boys and girls, here is a bonus pic from inside the temple.... Hieroglyphs complete with a Pharaoh's willy!

aA5pItf.jpg

Have a wonderful day!

Ok Ok, I get it.

Pics of Pyramids... some likes.

Pics of a Pharaoh hieroglyph with a willy, hardly any likes! I understand.

Now, before I leave Egypt, here's a bonus for you. The most highly decorated tomb in Egypt is Nefertari's tomb. It's as spectacular as it is hard to get a ticket for, and absolutely no pictures to be taken inside.

So below is 'definitely' not a pic of the inside of Nefertari's tomb, ok? You're friggen welcome!

WSpWgMr.jpg

Hello Jordan, you're a nice country as well!

We're at Petra, no sightings of Indiana Jones nor the Holy grail. I did bring cold cuts from the hotel to feed a heap of stray doggos though.

The treasury (the one from the movie)...

GIaOQRg.jpg

And then "The monastery"

Oh my God, forget what I said before about the Famine stela, this is one s.o.b. to get too. About a 3 k walk just to get to the base, then about 850 steps up with narrow pathways (and donkeys) and heat and more heat... ugh, this pic should make me silvertailer of the year!

f0a1on8.jpg

Have a great day.

Ta ta!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4