[Resurrected] Yukon, Hat Kon, we all Kon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
^Hat goes where it goes!

Ok rib fillets and salad bowls....

Enough of Kitzbuhel and off we went to the Hintertux glacier. Actually we've had some time off because ge's legs were so sore after getting down that mountain...he could hardly walk!! @:D He looked like a zombie and mummy hybrid with really bad arthritis! @:D

And if you think that's mean...I laughed no where near as much as ge's better half!!!:rofl:

I guess this is why most of these pics are from inside the car!!:rofl::rofl:

ge: - I hate you so much!
hat: - lol @ you ...ya big old grandpa!

NdfEhPg.jpg

The view from our room. Our lovely hosts spoke no English...we got on well!
xJv0poy.jpg

9MrVJD2.jpg

a8vWYj9.jpg

soFQV4A.jpg

I guess eventually ge got out on the slopes (without me.....again!)

qm9iWcF.jpg

Hiya guys,

I had an idea....actually as you can see from the photo...Hat doesn't have ideas.....Ideas have hat!

Anyway...in the interests of trying to show how pretty the Hintertux glacier is...here's some non hat related pics.

Take that Chuck Norris!

atRDcFc.jpg

A building at the bottom of the gondolas.
HQKAiqE.jpg

Umm...snow!

uDWEq3F.jpg

At the top, we're at 3250 metres. Mt Koscioszko is 2228 mtrs. I was looking down on you all!

BvN4SSg.jpg

To the right of the pic...the Austrian Alps...to the left (and under cloud - damn it) - the Italian Alps.

fNNHa9z.jpg

Then on one day we took a break and drove to Solden to watch a round of the World cup skiing. It was a lot of fun. About 30,000 people there. Hot air balloons, big tv's, stages with dancing girls, food, beer, free stuff. It's a big change from a couple of races 'over here' where about 1000 people turn up.

ciw0aVW.jpg

NRf3YVc.jpg

So, Austria was great but soon it's time to head over to Paris...with a BIG surprise in store!

Yeah yeah yeah, the season has started and Doofus Mcfungalpants has finally left his computer unattended.

ORIGINAL travelling hat here!! Some may remember me from my protest on the very FIRST page of this thread; known as silvertails bestest thread ever.

Here I am for the more, erm, memory challenged...

sESv2El.jpg

NOW, I have waited FIVE long years for someone to come along and rescue me, and no one has ( you miserable buggers) and now there's some construction crew moving closer and closer putting up a new fence so I am outta here! That's right, I'm gone.

You guys can keep your 'new' hats, I am and remain the best Manly hat ever. See ya losers!

IMG_1115.JPG

ONLY TWENTY FOUR HOURS LATER.......

Hiya hat...it's 2016 hat coming to rescue ya!
Hat? Hat? Where are you? I'm here! Noooooooo come baaaaaack!

..... @:(@:worried:@:cry:

*Cue sad music as the wind blows gently past a sad hat as it searches desperately but pointlessly for other hat*
IMG_1116.JPG

Ah well....screw that guy, on with the trip....!

Went and visited Napoleon's tomb (and I assume Napoleon's bones.) I always thought Napoleon and I would be mates; He covered a lot of land full of idiots, and I cover a head of an idiot!

IMG_1130.JPG

Ok, in the interest of the footy season having started and the fact I got home months ago but Jerk de tapioca brain forgot to upload the last day let me just wish us all the very best for a successful Manly season and a shout out to my membership pack....where ever it may be!

Party on everyone! :)

Hat: Good news everyone! (said in Professor Farnsworth's voice) It's been far too long since I've been at the computer but I've tied ge's shoelaces together and now he's trapped in the other room. Funny thing is...he was wearing velcros!!! (what a doofus)

So this trip was to....New Zealand! Wait, NZ....again?? C'mon man...some other hats got to go to Europe! (No offence Kiwis!)

It seems ge's better half skis a fair bit but ge has a busted knee and tried to negotiate not going and spending all that $$$$ for a trip he couldn't snowboard on. How did it go? ge really does suck at negotiating! lol pumpkin head.

This is Cardrona. Look at me looking at ge looking at everyone but him having fun.
KR8Q7XW.jpg

I normally show you the great views from the mountains...but turn around and there are always buildings full of restaurants, hire shops, etc. Like this one at Treble cone:
Tf2AhVK.jpg

Sure it looks sunny now but one day ge went to pick his better half up. There was a full on freezing (almost) blizzard. Half way up the car wouldn't go any further and needed tyre chains. ge's hands froze so quickly (wuss) that it was impossible to get them on. So he...turned around went back down the hill and texted his 'bh' that she had to find her own way down. She did and they all lived happily ever after.

More later (more pics, less talk).

Edit: And a big SCREW YOU to photobucket who wont allow third party hosting of pics unless you pay them a yearly membership (tossers). I went back and reloaded the affected pics due to pernickety-ness! of ...me. (ge, not hat).

Last edited:
Hat: Good news everyone! (said in Professor Farnsworth's voice) It's been far too long since I've been at the computer but I've tied ge's shoelaces together and now he's trapped in the other room. Funny thing is...he was wearing velcros!!! (what a doofus)

So this trip was to....New Zealand! Wait, NZ....again?? C'mon man...some other hats got to go to Europe! (No offence Kiwis!)

It seems ge's better half skis a fair bit but ge has a busted knee and tried to negotiate not going and spending all that $$$$ for a trip he couldn't snowboard on. How did it go? ge really does suck at negotiating! lol pumpkin head.

This is Cardrona. Look at me looking at ge looking at everyone but him having fun.
KR8Q7XW.jpg

I normally show you the great views from the mountains...but turn around and there are always buildings full of restaurants, hire shops, etc. Like this one at Treble cone:
Tf2AhVK.jpg

Sure it looks sunny now but one day ge went to pick his better half up. There was a full on freezing (almost) blizzard. Half way up the car wouldn't go any further and needed tyre chains. ge's hands froze so quickly (wuss) that it was impossible to get them on. So he...turned around went back down the hill and texted his 'bh' that she had to find her own way down. She did and they all lived happily ever after.

More later (more pics, less talk).

Edit: And a big SCREW YOU to photobucket who wont allow third party hosting of pics unless you pay them a yearly membership (tossers). I went back and reloaded the affected pics due to pernickety-ness! of ...me. (ge, not hat).
Was the Canadian summer too hot?

Hat will look great in Christchurch next year :exclamation:

Start dropping hints to Mrs ge :lightbulb:

Will do! We allllllmost made it to the Auckland game but it just didn't work out. What a game to have been at though! *sigh*

Was the Canadian summer too hot?

Yes! when we were in kiwiland it there were a couple of weeks over 30 degrees (ugh) and smoke from the bushfires was being annoying! So we dodged a bullet!

Hat: I hate it when ge works out how to undo velcro shoes!

So... one time after chauffeur ge dropped "BH" off to ski he decided to go to Diamond Lake, just outside of the beautiful town of Wanaka (teehee).

Here's a pic looking down into Wanaka and lake:
cb0YM7g.jpg

It has a famous tree called... "The Wanaka Tree." True story!
See?
cLHBsoW.jpg

Anyway....after much huffing and puffing and complaining about his torn MCL chumpa chump McGoober pants finally made it to the top.

View looking back towards Wanaka:
mCdYA86.jpg

View behind: (Treble cone mountain).
aIWmdPt.jpg

ge was going a bit crazy as he'd been looking a snow capped mountains for about 4 years straight and beginning to feel claustrophobic...so we headed off somewhere flat........

Hat: I hate it when ge works out how to undo velcro shoes!

So... one time after chauffeur ge dropped "BH" off to ski he decided to go to Diamond Lake, just outside of the beautiful town of Wanaka (teehee).

Here's a pic looking down into Wanaka and lake:
cb0YM7g.jpg

It has a famous tree called... "The Wanaka Tree." True story!
See?
cLHBsoW.jpg

Anyway....after much huffing and puffing and complaining about his torn MCL chumpa chump McGoober pants finally made it to the top.

View looking back towards Wanaka:
mCdYA86.jpg

View behind: (Treble cone mountain).
aIWmdPt.jpg

ge was going a bit crazy as he'd been looking a snow capped mountains for about 4 years straight and beginning to feel claustrophobic...so we headed off somewhere flat........

Isn't he a het in NZ?

G'day pine-cones and glitter kittens,

As promised I dragged ge up to a place called Twizel. Yup, he didn't know where it was either but it does have a huge population of 1200!

I thought I'd fired up the BBQ whilst ge stared at the flatness. Serenity now, insanity later!
YWX40EJ.jpg

The place we stayed at also had: Cows, Yaks, Alpacas, goats, sheep, and chickens (only some get capital letters). And in a bonus, the owner leaves food out to feed them!

ge said feeding a Yak was like putting your hand in a bucket of saliva and having an eels writhe over it. Not surprisingly ge's "BH" didn't wish to partake. (The Tan one was a bully.)
J0accMo.jpg

Alpaca's are 'nibbly', so watch out!
DNwFCNm.jpg

Hey ladies! guys too I guess.

Whilst the finals are boring us completely and todd gb is trying to out do sean spicer in the stupid department.....

Time for chicks!
Arthur' pass. These Kea (pronounced Key-ah, like the car) will jump on your car...eat your wiper blades and generally be as cheeky af.
ov0dIQE.jpg

Grrr, look at me! ge though he was sooooo funny feeding me to kea's.
ge: - haha looks likes you pee'd yourself!
sP3ggMq.jpg

If you moved the camera straight up...this was behind the birds. Arthurs pass...who the hell even goes out there in the first place?
X6wEil2.jpg

And because you've been so nice...a bonus pic with a bit of Queenstown in the background.
9ndvmyd.jpg

Ok Aussie bogans, lol. By now you're all bored of NZ so I shall drop in the last few pics and let you guys get back to what humans do (wearing hats).

Christchurch: Its always interesting to see how this great little city is recovering from the earthquakes. Quite well, I think.

ge taking a rest.
rfTvBoO.jpg

Yet the church just can't get its act together:
0zNwuIo.jpg

Side view with life size vase of flowers ge buys his better half (suck up):
PsLKPqc.jpg

Big environmental mural showing when the ice melts, so do the penguins.
KGx0rVR.jpg

FINALLY: A couple of pictures of Mt Cook that Sir Edmund Hillary practised on before tackling Mt Everest. (ge did not like getting up early in the morning for this).
DOo5VgV.jpg

WRQWRCD.jpg

Alrighty then desk lamps! Thanks for looking and I'll try and get ge to go somewhere more exciting next time (though that decision is always Mrs ge's!)

ge: rightly so!

Hat: Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey! So after 4 years of ge continually being in the snow, chasing the winter around he flipped out and demanded a season of sunshine!

ge: Too right, like enough already!

Hat: Shutup goblin head or I'll tell everyone you're a coach so they'll abuse you. (Not that they need a reason). So Mrs ge decided to make sure ge had to endure many +30 degree days of which he is not programmed to like anymore. With that in mind... we all took a little trip to Las Angeles, pretentiously pronounced "El Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Seen before but pumping some iron at the famous Venice beach. The guy on the incline press had less fat than me, and as a hat, I have zero! Ripped!
8w7NqBFh.jpg

Then it was off to get a view of where Manly and Souths may play in round one next year. SO many people were pointing their cameras at me but apparently there was some sign in the background they all needed to snap (probably to find their way home).
mCy17VQh.jpg

I saw this star with his own star.
O4KApeFh.jpg

Then the famous Chinese Theatre. (Thanks to some random agreeing to wear me!) It was hot, crowded and loud! sheesh. Handprints and footprints are in the concrete at everyone's feet (Hence them all looking down).
pyu0r7Kh.jpg

Never has a city been more appropriately nicknamed as "La La Land". the place is crazy, and full of crazies.

That's it! It's over! Go home! *Ferris Bueller*

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4