[Resurrected] Yukon, Hat Kon, we all Kon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hat's 2014 'show goes on'.....tour

globaleagle said:
But being the shy and retiring type my better half and I just stood back and admired the players...you guys are kinda scary.

I may resemble that remark :) I was there when Ken Arthurson was guest of honour which must have been 2012 after the WCC win, not sure about 2010 but it is a possibility.

So.....I visited a town today, wandered around to find the best sight for the most awesome photo....

lTkE8eV.jpg

Maybe @lismore_fan will know where it is!

Hint: It's in your user name

Hint Hint: It's not _fan

Why didn't the Hat come down to Brookie on Sunday :huh:

It's snowing up at Blackheath today, so you should feel right at home :D

HappilyManly said:
Why didn't the Hat come down to Brookie on Sunday :huh:

It's snowing up at Blackheath today, so you should feel right at home :D

Hat's owner was as sick as a germ that had caught a virus and come down with the flu!

:mad:

So another quiet day at home, but a good one as I got to meet some new friends!!

i89UwXx.jpg

Don't they look awesome! They should be our home and away strips for next year!! wink.

And then I met an 'old' friend. That's the reason we are on the rocking chair, as 2010 is like 4 years ago. Amazingly there were 2 other Manly friends (cup plus car flag) that GE didn't know existed!

7JlXyHW.jpg

Finally 2010 hat looked a little pale from being in a tub for at least 3 years so I took him outside to see some dolphins.

OLHgjue.jpg

I quite liked the 2010 members hat style. One of Manly's best I reckon. I can see Mt Warning in the distance (not in the above photo...behind GE who is my camera slave), maybe we should drag GE's lazy ass up there one day?

Mt Warning has just been re-opened after a massive storm destroyed a lot of the the track. Great view from up the top that's for sure. Def worth the climb ( on a sunny day).

Enjoy your travels.
Hope GE is feeling much better and can keep up with you. :)

manlyfan76 said:
Mt Warning has just been re-opened after a massive storm destroyed a lot of the the track. Great view from up the top that's for sure. Def worth the climb ( on a sunny day).

That's a timely post, as I was suggesting to do this to my better half (no, not hat) but did not know it was actually closed. I remember when you could have campfires on the top of the mountain, and when there was no deck around the top #old

marga said:
Enjoy your travels.
Hope GE is feeling much better and can keep up with you. :)

GE is a wuss...wah wah wah I feel sick wah wah wah.

But I'll tell that useless lump (who keeps pushing his head up my bot bot as "that's what wearing a hat is" - he says) that the lovely Marga hopes he gets better!

:cool:

Well, well, well, I said looking at 3 holes in the ground.

Hat..... I finally get to sydney and was very excited for my first finals game.

A touch of sightseeing first:

SAhbe3y.jpg

Ahhhh sun and sand...how have I missed thee!

Then off to the ground! Fabulous Brookie!

IgjyNmz.jpg

Went to my special seat....

Ebw1Y1i.jpg

But no one turned up!!!! So I decided to run in a few tries myself! (There was a plaque under the posts which said.....reserved for Snake!)

KbVEQIt.jpg

I then hear that the NRL didn't even the schedule the game for Brookie! It was to be held in a super stadium! What a rip off!!! But I am sure they got 60,000+ there for the Manly v souths game.

We lost! I can fix this, so I went up to the mighty Eagles training ground....

2oUBF3q.jpg

WTF? No one was even training!!! Can't win with no training! So I stormed over to here....

V4eOX1h.jpg

But no one was in there either! No players nor coaches! Sheesh.

So I would remind all the coaches and players that if you don't train, you get less and less of these:.....(trophies)

8YUmWlH.jpg

The trek continues.....

I would also like to thank 91 year old Manly legend Mrs June Allen, and her son in law, who spent many minutes talking to me about a bit of the Manly history and her role in it. Thank you for your time!

Well.....now it is all done and dusted, Manly-wise anyway, and we settle into a long off season of everyone leaving, everyone signing, hidden trolls, impersonators, oh and that spectacle of spectacles....the 4 nations cup thingy.....here is probably the final instalment of this trip.

Apologies that it wasn't the most exciting of trip pics...but you've seen most things in aust and ge had one or two distractions.....

Here goes:

Some pools at some beach:

zvj7fRl.jpg

Another shot of same pools.....wait...I've seen these on tv!!

ez79NSS.jpg

Best seat in the house!

PyaIpW4.jpg

Au revoir!....coolangatta!

nMjBKHq.jpg

Many thanks to @Happilymanly who showed me around the traps (and bought ge + better half coffee and cake)

@vidmar We used one of his plethora of companies to get us from a to b (a being the airport and b being somewhere in Manly) cheaper than a taxi and with no hassle. Loved it!

And apologies to @lismore_fan for missing out on a visit but thanks for showing the tigers loving manager at dayal singh's this site and thread!

Goodness knows what the next 12 months will bring but Go Manly!!!!!!

(and may the new hat get a better trip!)

Peace!

Let's go Broncos! No, not the brisbane ones (silly) but the Denver Broncos!

That's right Hat (Hat always speaks in third person, except when he doesn't) has dragged everyone's silly butts all the way to Colorado. In fact up to Vail we went just because there were rumours of some snow there.

We were wrong (of course) and had to travel about 30 klm's to Copper Mtn to find some.

And here's a picture boys and girls:

gl7fLGC.jpg

That tiny thing in the background has had about every ski team in the world flying down it.....then they opened it to the public! Ahhh chaos!!!!!

Closer pic:

pWFMDoM.jpg

Still closer:

nAYRvOn.jpg

So one day Hat decided to get a pic of the 'merican flag with the Colorado one underneath....because I know you guys need proof and this is obv proof!

7jG7Xic.jpg

24 hours later......

eOLLdRf.jpg

That arvo hat's owner (slave) got caught on the highway in a blizzard, on summer tyres and wasn't all that impressed. (wuss)

Then nature decided to spread her cheeks and dump away!

NaqyWJj.png

Hat found the world's most awesome dessert and so we all stayed indoors and wished for more snow.

LraKmeb.jpg

globaleagle said:
Hat found the world's most awesome dessert and so we all stayed indoors and wished for more snow.

LraKmeb.jpg
Holy crap! Chocolate Tacos!!! God must be real.

niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

LraKmeb.jpg
He may be a Mexican. As for the Broncos, I hate all teams called the Broncos with an extreme hate.

niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

lol, and don't forget the cinnamon nachos in the background!

globaleagle said:
niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

lol, and don't forget the cinnamon nachos in the background!
Mmmmmm.....
Feeling like a female version of Homer looking a donut atm.
Want some!

It just will not stop bloody snowing.

Which wouldn't be so bad except ge insists on taking me across the vail-copper mtn pass 4 times a day!

It's 10,660 feet up at it's highest point, always windy, snowy, icy roads etc etc wah.

Stop putting me on the damn roof! This was taken about 3 days ago.....then dopey ge finally realised that manly people understand that more snow = whiter pics!

ZVP7yej.jpg

Whilst inside was warmer....it was too scary to face the front.

uY0kHe1.jpg

"Lucky" for me, ge mcdoofuspants took a pic to show me....

CEgTJI6.jpg

I don't think I've seen so many accidents. ge stopped counting when he saw his 20th car accident. He says that's as high as he can count using all his fingers and toes. Usually it's 21 when totally naked...but it is really really cold.

uyW5iYo.jpg

This is not a good drive to have to do.....oh well, have to do it again tomorrow!

Thanks @marga

It's nice to see that hat doesn't get all the credit. His credit should be 'capped!'

capped! ah hahahahahahah

*cough*

Anyway we're all back home safe n sound from Colorado (finally) and i don't mind saying you get a bit tired at 3am in the morning.

Wouldn't you know it....the day we left.....beautiful weather!!!!!!!!!

Nature really is a mother! Though sunny, t'was damn cold.

Vail:

Leqki8l.jpg

See the moose?

qXQpTzo.jpg

No? What about now?

KvKhI0o.jpg

Still no? What about now? (sheesh).

Rf7fgpZ.jpg

And driving past the ski 'hill' a lot more snow than the first day's pic.

IE369Se.jpg

Trouble was even though it was sunny, it was still icy as....a little know fact lost on about 5 or so drivers!

9BqM5Qu.jpg

If the above pic look blurry....well you know what says causes blindness!!! (or hat took the pic)

Nice Mexican food in Colorado but it was good to get back to the puppy dog who seemed happy to see as too.

Unfortunately for Hat....new membership has been paid which means.....yup.....Hat Ver 6 arrives! (though don't know if this one will go anywhere special.) What adventures does life bring to us all in the future?

Peace!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4