Hastings out of 9s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love how every pre-season everyone's impressing at training.
Just once I'd like to hear the coach say something like Hastings has been a slug all pre-season so far, seriously he's brought nothing to the training paddock except misery. Hopefully the ankle clean out will be a success otherwise we're sending him back to Bondi!@;)

Last edited:
Hopefully there is a flu bug going around that takes out 90% of the top 25 players a day before flying out for the 9's.
Myles and Brown seem super fit and should be able to fight off the flu to star in the 9's.

I think since pre season training is so intense, and the time when players lift the most weights in order to get big and strong for the season ahead when they back off the heavy stuff, a lot of little injuries become apparent that otherwise stay under control. Hence the sudden necessity to clean out knees, elbows, wrists etc during the training season...

I think since pre season training is so intense, and the time when players lift the most weights in order to get big and strong for the season ahead when they back off the heavy stuff, a lot of little injuries become apparent that otherwise stay under control. Hence the sudden necessity to clean out knees, elbows, wrists etc during the training season...
For most part I think that's a good summary, but in relation to most of the minor ops....it's more like a niggling injury players hope will go away....realise it's not going to without going under the knife....make the decision to get it done now to be back ASAP early season rather then it effecting their game - as in Toms ankle in 2016....and also the fact it will likely become far worse mid season and for the run home.

Says he is available Rd1, which is the main thing.

Means he cant get a season ending injury at the 9s.
Yup - given our precarious situation with a largely new and untested squad we desperately need quality goal kicking options. Having the luxury of this guy plus Matty Wright means we'll hopefully snare a few wins in the tight ones.

For most part I think that's a good summary, but in relation to most of the minor ops....it's more like a niggling injury players hope will go away....realise it's not going to without going under the knife....make the decision to get it done now to be back ASAP early season rather then it effecting their game - as in Toms ankle in 2016....and also the fact it will likely become far worse mid season and for the run home.
Don't think the season is long enough to gamble. Is it the players call ?

Sources close to the team say this is more of a "let's keep the guy in Sydney under watch" kinda thing after the Coffs debacle.

Sounds like the last few years.
Injuries and more shocking luck . . and it's only Jan 21.

Premiers never have injury
worries - not in 110 years.

Last 20 years we had good
1st grade squads with virtually no injury dramas in 2008 & 2011.

'Nuff said.

Hope Hastings isn't down for long & has a good year.
And he is our new goalkicker.

If healthy, I really like our squad.

But I hate hearing "Manly injury crisis" in friggin january.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7