[Resurrected] Haslers first year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
In 2004 Hasler finished his maiden year as a 1st grade coach. His team finished in 13th position and conceded 30 points a game(754). A young fullback shone despite this and hinted at better things to come. In 2016 Barrett will finish in a similar position in his maiden season with a developing roster as well , the defence conceeding 23 points a game. A young fullback shone brightly again. To win a title from this lowly position the club recruited very well and everyone played a role in a great era.

What recruits followed that season you speak of?

And wow the comparison is amazingly similar I think we are exactly where we were back then.

And wow the comparison is amazingly similar I think we are exactly where we were back then.
Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite came in 05. Then Orford in 06 (I think). Jamie Lyon in 07 and Josh Perry in 08. So we just nibbled away with quality signings each year.

In 2004 Hasler finished his maiden year as a 1st grade coach. His team finished in 13th position and conceded 30 points a game(754). A young fullback shone despite this and hinted at better things to come. In 2016 Barrett will finish in a similar position in his maiden season with a developing roster as well , the defence conceeding 23 points a game. A young fullback shone brightly again. To win a title from this lowly position the club recruited very well and everyone played a role in a great era.

Patience is a virtue my friend.

First of all, our new recruits and the rest of the team need to gel and find combos and structure in attack.

Second, they need to fix the simple errors they made in today's game. Eg) Cherry Evans failed to kick for touch.

Third, they need to work hard in defence and value it. Develop and 'never say die' attitude and learn to hold the line at all costs.

Fourth, the players must learn to remain calm and not go all ballistic when a good opportunity comes. They must be complacent and not just offload every time they are almost on the ground.

Lastly, Trent needs our support. Manly fans, be patient and I'm sure Barrett will deliver. He has surely learned the ropes by now.

Bring on 2017. Go Manly!

Gillett and Asofa-Solomona as comparison possibly

Not just them Turbo, we have got Matt Parcell, Frank Winterstein, Matthew Wright, Blake Green and Wiliame

The future looks bright if these players can gel and develop some form together.

Gillett and Asofa-Solomona as comparison possibly
Hopefully. The signing of BK (Ben Kennedy) rates as one of the biggest master strokes in Manlys history. And to be honest there were plenty who thought we'd bought a crock. His influence on the golden era was huge. Firstly is it signalled massive intent. It showed we could recruit quality origin and test players. Secondly it showed ambition. And lastly it gave the players someone to look up to. Even players like Steve Menzies looked up to Bk. Young players like Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough were taken under his wing.

This then allowed us to continue to recruit.

Trent has the unfortunate position of rookie coaching a club with a recent decade of sustained success. If he took over a plodding club that had years in the wilderness he'd probably be more appreciated.

Hopefully. The signing of BK (Ben Kennedy) rates as one of the biggest master strokes in Manlys history. And to be honest there were plenty who thought we'd bought a crock. His influence on the golden era was huge. Firstly is it signalled massive intent. It showed we could recruit quality origin and test players. Secondly it showed ambition. And lastly it gave the players someone to look up to. Even players like Steve Menzies looked up to Bk. Young players like Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough were taken under his wing.

This then allowed us to continue to recruit.

And we have now bought Nate Myles :) i wonder what Nates influence is going to be

I reckon our forwards are stronger at this stage and young. Another backline of the quality and tenacity that emerged is a big ask. The big difference then was that we had many bad years leading up to this one in Des's first year so this was no shock. Some must thought the era of the Snake was some sort never ending story thus the trauma experienced lately. Haslers timing was good and he did a fine job.

And we have now bought Nate Myles :) i wonder what Nates influence is going to be
A try the Snake scored off BK at the Brook is one of my favorites and showed Snakes amazing ability to accelerate whilst running in an arc . Amazing pace but not just in a straight line

We had a great core of talent that developed through the years from 05 onwards. Matai, Gift, Snake, Choc, Beaver, King, etc....!

And our recruits for 05, 06 and 07 were mostly amazing. Amongst them Kennedy, Kite, Orford and Killer were all extremely talented, had great attitudes, were natural leaders and were all round good blokes as well.

We did not recruit a great deal of has been journey men or reserve graders hoping they would become first graders.

Our recruitment and core talent was truly top notch. Our recruitment at present is not (although we do have some great core talent).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4