Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes... one of the best decisions he has made in years... hopefully the fans will continue to respond in kind throughout the season, and buy a club membership.

The Manly fans complain about the unfair treatment that Manly are getting from the NRL and most of them unfairly neglect to support their club in membership numbers .

A Manly club membership of only 10,000 members makes our club one of the least supported in the NRL
Which is a bloody disgrace .

We are more beneficial to our club by putting our hands in our pockets and helping out than pointing fingers at others

DQa89-mUQAA-I4X.jpg

Love some of the historic posts on here about Des and his time at the dogs.
Barrett's failure really did set it up for his return didn't it. If we hadn't been through such a bad period I'm Not Sure how many would have accepted him back reading many of the early posts.
For me it's water under the bridge. He will always be the man who took thw mess that was the northern eagles and made us fly again.
Your post inspired me to go back and have a read from the beginning of this thread, and I was like WOW... just WOW!

Love some of the historic posts on here about Des and his time at the dogs.
Barrett's failure really did set it up for his return didn't it. If we hadn't been through such a bad period I'm Not Sure how many would have accepted him back reading many of the early posts.
For me it's water under the bridge. He will always be the man who took thw mess that was the northern eagles and made us fly again.
Reading this thread has me considering some of the utter dribble that I have posted on here over the years making a reappearance lol... I was filthy at Des when he left, and that only intensified during his first couple of seasons at the Dogs. However, my bitterness began to quickly subside around 2014 when I reflected on what the man has achieved at our club... only Bozo has been directly involved in more premierships... Wombat and Dessie both have 4, albeit Wombat’s were all as a player... and who can ever forget that ten year ride he took us on after the Northern Eagles.

Last edited:
Reading this thread has actually me consider some of the utter dribble that I have posted on here over the years making a reappearance lol... I was filthy at Des when he left, and that only intensified during his first couple of seasons at the Dogs. However, my bitterness began to quickly subside around 2014 when I reflected on what the man has achieved at our club... only Bozo has been directly involved in more premierships... Wombat and Dessie both have 4, albeit Wombat’s were all as a player... and who can ever forget that ten year ride he took us on after the Northern Eagles.
We were all pissed off when he left us mate , that was understandable .

Ive always blamed greenburg and the dogs for stealing des. At the time des was arguably the best coach in the game. Why did manly let him go? And why wasnt more done to keep him.the answers are probly somewhere in the last 10 pages. But i feel the owners should have bowed down and agreed to his every term. We could have had a real dynasty. Im glad he is back . Still feel for tooves who was the rightful hier.

Ive always blamed greenburg and the dogs for stealing des. At the time des was arguably the best coach in the game. Why did manly let him go? And why wasnt more done to keep him.the answers are probly somewhere in the last 10 pages. But i feel the owners should have bowed down and agreed to his every term. We could have had a real dynasty. Im glad he is back . Still feel for tooves who was the rightful hier.

They did finally make him the offer he wanted, but he had already decided to go by the time that Scott Penn got to doing this. Arguably he should have just put the money on the table earlier, and Des would have stayed, but hindsight is 20/20. I think even had Des stayed there would have been ups an downs with the back-ended contracts etc., but could not have been worse than what we have been through!

Jason Taylor too!

That was the best one of all!! I think a journo must of called JT and the conversation went:

Journo: are you interested in the Manly job?
JT: I have ambition to be a first grade coach again, so yeah, I’d be interested for sure.

The story that JT is in the mix follows. He then ‘withdraws’ his interest - putting more sh!t on manly because, let’s face it, if even JT doesn’t want the gig, Manly must be a basket case - but the media left out the most important matter of whether Manly were or would ever consider him! Classic fake news at its best!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8